Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Do killers actually get gen rushed and bullied everygame

From my experince on xbox and pc its ez 4ks almost most game as billy at rank 7 on xbox and rank 2 on pc. I only get tryhard swfs who gen rush every 10 to 15 games

Comments

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

Rank one Hillbilly here! It all depends on the map. Some maps you'll do great on and some you'll ######### up completely on.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

Well you cannot under any circumstances count those ez 4K games. Those are potato survivors that made many many mistakes and shouldn’t be on red ranks!

/s

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

It depends on the map and survivors, but it's mostly weaker killers (killers that aren't A-S tier), so if you play Billy you're not gonna see it as much.

• OtakuBurrito
    OtakuBurrito Member Posts: 512

No.

Maps and RNG are the determining factor and even then RNG outweighs a map. I’ve known killers that get Haddonfield and 4K easy due to gen spawns and totem placements.

ive known killers who get shitted on in the lab because 3 gens spawn in 1 room and all survivors spawn there as well.

ive had games that went on forever because survivors couldn’t find gens and killer couldn’t find survivors.

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

Yes.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

At red ranks I get 4k probably 8 out of 10 games. I don't play the same killer the whole time since I get bored quite quickly.

If your smart you should win most games. Even against the really sweaty gen rushing teams you should get a kill or 2 if you play smart. You will get those games where a really good team will gen rush you but it's unlikely you'll get that over and over again.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,221

Really depends on the killer. Someone like Legion or Clown is going to feel like they get gen rushed a lot because they're hilariously weak killers relative to Nurse or Spirit. It's just the nature of the roster. Clown can throw bottles that don't actually do anything without add ons and spends 5 seconds reloading them. Nurse teleports through safe loops. A Clown playwr will probably complain about a gen rush when the problem is actually Clown being ridiculously bad.

• Reborn2020
    Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138

I get rekt only when i play for points. For dailies. If i play to win i may lose 1 time out of 10 games IF its 4 man swf but of course i may as well lose to solo but its rare.By Loss i mean 2 kills.

• BulletsNonstop
    BulletsNonstop Member Posts: 364
    edited March 2020

This game is too ez for killers a lot of the time . I can’t stress how necessary spine chill is. Why is it that every game I play it’s a ghost face tho 😂 killers shouldn’t be whining about bullying this game is super killer friendly

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

Maybe 1/20th of the games feel like they were totally out of my control from the beginning. But I see alot of mediocore killers blame it on genrush when they make multiple mistakes in every chase.

Not sure what is considered Bullying?

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

No.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

This here, a bad killer games is like 10 bad games for some people.

Heck, even I get bullied, but that's because I likely made a lot of mistakes on a killer I don't play. 😁

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

Exactly. Every killer eventually comes to the realization that the game is pretty much completely in the survivors hands. So a 4k becomes devalued as it can only happen if the survivors make mistakes.

So then there is no satisfaction in getting bullied OR getting a 4K. Such is the hollow feeling of playing killer. The gratification of getting a 4k in one match is no compensation for getting bullied and feeling powerless in the next.

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776
  • Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Iri Huntress?

I can't play Huntress, won't even attempt the dailies with her because I get so Frustrated.

I like Spirit, Freddy for strength, but I like clown and legion for fun and still have a lot of success.

I do not play strong addons tho, just strong killers.

• DYNAMICskills7
    DYNAMICskills7 Member Posts: 129

Of course not every game and it’s different depending on player region as well. My AU region is smaller and when Sale noobs arnt everywhere there’s swf ruining killers because we face the same people more. Nurse and spirit are also ass FYI. Their the best, but not better than 4 swf veterans.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

Depends.

Potatoes? 4k.

Swf? Everyone escapes after an endless pallet and DS BT chain. Then you retreat to the forum about how Billy needs a buff badly. It's psychologically damaging.

• ermsy
    ermsy Member Posts: 580
    edited March 2020

Most groups of survivors have a weak link or two and that allows you to win those games and get a 3k/4k but once in a while you do get reminded how outclassed you can be and it's those games that stick to the mind.

Most people won't remember games that they did well on but will remember games that they got destroyed.

I remember one game I completely got outclassed in, the gens went by fast and all the survivors were top Loopers, throw in flashlights and head-ons on top of it. I wanted to end the game but they 99 the last gen and and ran around me in shack. Eventually they left when I finally killed one but it was a bad experience.

Granted this is rare and the majority of times I do well but once again this is thanks to one or two potatoes and bad matchmaking.

It's very rare I get a 3k/4k and felt I deserved it. The majority of times it's because someone suicides, DC's, sandbags each other, farm each other, is low ranked etc.

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617

Of course not, it's just that bad experiences stay in your memory a lot longer than good ones.

There's no separation of players, so killers looking for fun, chill games have no idea when they burned the bps and brought the dick around build that their Survivors were about to last second switch to blendettes with tool boxes and full meta ass-kicking and bubblegum load outs.

Then killers queuing up at rank 1 and expecting to sweat had no idea they were about to get the full potato rank 12 squad. Even then, they won't be sure its real potatoes and not some sandbagging (as in hiding their true skill) squad until 1 or 2 of them are dead, and then they feel bad for kicking puppies.

A lot of killers make mistakes and want to rail on the game for it. A lot of Survivors make mistakes, as well, and do the same. Survivors have a lot more opportunity to recover from their mistakes than killers do, if they know what they're doing.

Proficient killers can force mistakes from the Survivors. Proficient Survivors can take one mistake from the killer and turn it into a 3-4 escape. A killer needs to force a lot of mistakes to push a 3-4k out of good Survivors.

Kill/escape stats are so pointless, it's mind boggling. Killers go afk and sit in a corner to pad challenge time. Survivors suicide basement party themselves for kicks, turning an easy 1k into a 4k.

Rank has no meaning, incentive, or consequences. No actual tests of increasing or decreasing skill exist, every metric in the game is just a simple xp bar.

A lot of the mess of balance is that there's no way to separate people who came to win from people who came to dick around. This leads to pretty much everyone having lackluster games half the time, because those looking to compete are unsatisfied with the butt stomping the handed out to noobs/casuals, and those looking to chill and mess around are annoyed when they get an ur-Nurse/Spirit/Billy with perks chosen by the Marquis de sade.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited March 2020

No, people here are just drama queens. I see actual "gen rushers" (=very good teams) once in a while, but they're kinda rare.

• honestlybaffled
    honestlybaffled Member Posts: 175
    edited March 2020

I don`t take "gen rushing" serious, but bullying post-game chat is real yeah, spend +3h playing as killer and you'll for sure be called: #########, ni- , mofo, etc.

Especially if you're not the kind of killer that farms and gives hatch.

• RobMeister88
    RobMeister88 Member Posts: 351

Gen rush is quite frequent against purple and red rank survivors who have at least a handful of brain cells. Bullying can only be done on baby killers. Any killer with at least one month of experience, cannot be bullied, even by rank 1 swf who have played since 2017. Any killer with common sense and decent mental durability will destroy bully squads. I was rank a 9 Freddy and went against a rank 1 swf on Blood Lodge, they tried to bully me with all the clicky clicks, tbags, flashlight saves (they failed miserably with those), and bodyblocking. The key is to just slug and force survivors to drop pallets early, stop respecting the pallets, just lunge through them. A common misconception is that killers have to respect pallets if they don't have Enduring and/or Spirit Fury, which is false. It's better to shut a loop with a stun in 5-15 seconds than to respect the pallet for 30 seconds. Slugging + Lunging through pallets = Unable to get bullied.

• Huntar
    Huntar Member Posts: 848

Not literally every game, but often enough that it feels annoying to play this game. These days, especially with matchmaking completely busted wide open, I just go into every match assuming it will be awful and I'll have ~3 minutes for the entire match. I adjust my expectations once I get a few hooks in, since things aren't too bad if all five gens haven't popped at that point.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

SWF isnt the big issue

its a combo of RNG tile placements and poor map design

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

If I'm running a fun build or trying something new? Yeah. If I'm running my boring builds that I know work or face bad survivors, then normally not. I'm kinda stuck in a rut since I can't learn any new killers without getting bodied almost every game. Legion and Hag, as much as I like them, have gotten old.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

I play pig every game so my perception comes from a different place but no. I don't get bullied or gen rushed....largely because of pigs default kit mechanics (about the best killer to deal with the current situation imo, that just so happens to be my main.)

That being said, if I decide to play wraith.....its over dude. If I'm not running ruin and every slow down perk in the game he gets booty blasted. Like its not even a fair comparison in the slightest.

Pig game times are what game times should be all the time......but these other killers dude.....this ######### is ######### ridiculous. God forbid you play a killer with low mobility on a big ass map its ALL THE WAY OVER!! Like don't even bother showing up over. Low mobility killer, large map, without any gen speed add ons....yeah....GG get ready to depip, and get bullied because the survivors know you can't do anything to stop the momentum. AND GOD FORBID YOU PLAY TRAPPER AND HAVE PRE GAME SETUP.....just....uninstall....game is over with.

Thank god for pig and doc and pllague. Thats 3 killers in a full roster that have any type of objective or generator pressure/extensions. 3 Killers in an entire roster that the ruin change didn't murder.

• ggallinftw
    ggallinftw Member Posts: 351

Doesn't happen to me too often because most of the swf teams I face only have 1 or 2 red rank players on em. I just take the weak links down super quick and chasin the good players around suddenly seems like much less of a chore.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

Well I'm a big noob as killer so for me, yes :c but do I give up? no

• hex_genrush
    hex_genrush Member Posts: 736

I get them 1/4 of my games during week days and 1/6 on weekends

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940

Every match? Depends on SWF, hours of the day and skill/rank

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063

Not every game, but often enough that it's a headache of frustration for most killers, and alleviated only by using higher mobility or higher map pressure characters. Bottom line is that if you are playing a mid-low tier viable killer, then survivors have less pressure and take advantage of it in every way, but if you are playing a high tier killer with good map pressure then while survivors will scramble to get the objectives done asap, you'll be able to deal with it better. The largest maps are difficult for all killers, because of distance and gen spread, but for mid-low tier killers they are practically a guaranteed loss unless the killer can somehow shift the survivor teams focus from objectives to saves, or slow down the gen progress with perks/add-on's, which recently took a hit with the loss of Old Ruin.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Obviously not.

And the terms "Gen Rush" and "Bullying" are also being used way too often.

I had Killers who claimed being gen rushed when it took 10 minutes to complete all games. Or some Killers simply say they get bullied when Survivors are using DS or BT, doing Flashlight Saves, repair Generators...

People who actively harrass other players ingame are rare. Coordinated Death Squads are rare as well, sure you will probably play vs one of those Squads once in 100 games, but this is not the norm.

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

No, not every game. The other night I was playing nothing but rank 1 teams, got 3 kills in 10 matches due to gen rush and toolbox builds. That was miserable and made me quit for a few days.

Last night though, I got a 3 man ruthless against red ranks, then a team that wanted to meme around with object and crouch walking. I played along, two hooking everyone, then letting them go.

So yeah, a lot of survivors take this game easy to seriously, but some still enjoy it.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

No. Both sides are over dramatic about the game. Both sides cry and stomp their feet about how something is broken. Which is not to say there aren't issues. But they are usually overblown.

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

Every single game for me at this point. So many toxic survivors it's unbelievable. Also twitch streamers too. Like big streamers are fine, but the small streamers I find are the most toxic

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Its not that its "every game" but that when it happens you are shown just how one sided something can be and just how little power you have at stopping it.

Its like being facecamped, it does not happen "every game" however your team can go rush gens and escape but you as the hooked survivor have little you can actually do to help yourself.

Its like meeting a hacker in a game, it doesn't happen every game yet when you meet them it sucks all the fun out of your experience because you cannot do anything (or very little) to stop them.

• underlord99
    underlord99 Member Posts: 1,030

I recently tracked 25 games at rank one as killer and only 1 match did I go against a "bully squad " this consisted of 1 object of obsession, 4 flashlights and a haddonfield offering .

In the end I got a 3k. which is fine in my book.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

I would say I get every 5-8 game one of these tryhard swf, but overall I agree with you. Imo both is not fun, having potatos that die before they manage to finish 1 gen or genrush swf where you cant do aynthing almost as Killer. I preffer having close games where both sides had the upper hand and it changes from situation to situation.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Since genrushing and bullying in DBD are such broad terms it depends. I rarely or almost never get genrushed and never get bullied because my idea of both things is vastly different from others.

Some people call genrushing seeing a generator pop in the first 100 seconds and people using flashlights and head on for saves getting bullied. Others see tbags after a pallet drop as bullying, I see it as a survivor not getting distance from me, I call survivors following me with a flashlight "people not working on gens" not bullies, as you can see it depends on the person.

That being said, Im rarely tilted in games or in real life (except by big injustices).

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

No, but I dont count poor games either. If someone dc and survivors dont play well (cant loop and nobody is doing generators), I hook them twice and let them go, if they dont dc. Its not skill, some solo survivor groups just dont do generators. x) I agree with BenZ0 that inexperienced survivors are not enjoyable.

• JewelTK
    JewelTK Member Posts: 12

Gen rushing is pretty dependent but I would say it's every third or fourth game that it happens and I don't think it depends too much on platform.

As for bullying, it's near constant on PC. Back when I played Xbox it wasn't that bad but I would say out of 10 games, you will get harassed in about 8 of them for something. You will be told to "rope yourself" or just get bullied in some other way almost every single game. It's part of the reason why so many PC killers are quiting.

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828

I did last night and i quit the game, pretty easy choice

try to enjoy a game vs being annoyed to hell

nothing but trolls all night

• ZFennecFox
    ZFennecFox Member Posts: 510

The only time I get gen rushed on ps4 is the very obvious Swf . how are they obvious they wait until last second to switch to 3 flashlights and a key.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974

if less was random this game would be easier to manage for the devs. RNG screws things up more than anything else.