The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why did DBD ruin one of their first DLC characters? AKA the nurse

She had so much potential, such a great backstory, and used to chain blink. I used to be a SS nurse. But now I’m lucky if I get 1 survivor as her. Why would DBD do this?

Best Answer

Answers

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

Got a question for you.

If i can hit a survivor with nearly every blink, what do the three seconds CD effectively do?

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776
    edited March 2020

More to do with survivor main streamers telling people not to buy the game till nurse is deleted. ( can't clicky clicky tbag a nurse you see.)

Without fail they would always complain heavily and dc when it was nurse.

bhvr is doing what the money tells them like a good boy, this is why they said they will not be looking at nurse for a while.

• snozer

Seems this is the case for most of the community, because i have been doing all the survivor rift challenges and have not seen a single nurse.

But you do you i guess.

• Muntcuffinz
    Muntcuffinz Member Posts: 18

I still do pretty well with her at rank 1. I just wish they would fix her bugs. I randomly move at 5% speed after blinking and sometimes it bugs out and I cant use my second blink. It would be nice if they buffed her blink cooldown or default range, but it won't happen.

• snozer

Well there you have it folks, they will not do anything.

Just ignore the fact that she is a unicorn.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited March 2020

Why do they only do that for killers? They keep making things easier for survivor. Ruin being the prime example. People who can't hit great skill checks are flooded red ranks now.

As for nurse, I agree with the add on rework but not the cd to the blinks. I learned her without using more than 2 blinks. When I first tried 3 blinks it felt too easy. I don't like the cd to blinks now. It makes traveling the map harder. By the time I find someone I may have to wait to recharge them before going after someone. Without range add ons most survivors know if they run in a straight line, nurse has to spend 2 blinks just to close the distance and wait to blink again before they can hit you. The great nurses are still strong but that's about it. Every miss placed blink is costly and she is just too frustrating to play now.

• TokyoTears
    TokyoTears Member Posts: 9

So is survivors weren’t having fun, should they get rid of stealth killers, make all killers slow, and nerf them all to bits? I know a lot of survivors get ANGRY when they loose

• TokyoTears

It wasn’t mainly the recharge. Other killers mostly get to use their ability like 90% of the game. Micheal can stalk, the chainsaws keep revving and the bells keep ringing. It’s very challenge to even catch up to survivors most of the time, and when you use the add on that makes her move quicker you are restricted to 1 blink. I know she was like always slow, but the limit of blinks just feels like it makes her slower

• Chicagopimp2019
    Chicagopimp2019 Member Posts: 458

That's IF you even come across a nurse these days. I actually get excited when I play against one now because it's literally 1 in 100 matches lately....

• TokyoTears

Very true, I’ve played against her like 2 times after the rework and easily escaped her with no challenge

• snozer

People would rather play wraith, clown and bubba over nurse.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

Devs nerfed everything Nurse had. They nerfed both add-ons and her power (they added cooldowns on top of stun after using her power). I agree that more than 2 blinks were op, but, imo, cooldowns are not needed. Thats too much.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Id like to use her more but it's just not fun anymore. Good survivors always run to a building and it's guess work at that point. One match on Badlem literally EVERY TIME I found someone they ran to the school. It got so bad I let them take those generators. Corn is my weakness when playing as Nurse.

When I play Nurse 1 of 2 things happens.

1: The survivors suck. They try to treat me like any loopable killer and they get steam rolled. Making me feel bad for beating up newbies.

2: It's survivors that know what they are doing and it's a stressful game.

Id much rather play as my trapper or gf. If they fixed some of her bugs I would use my Nurse more but that won't happen.

• Signar
    Signar Member Posts: 10

1 kill? I just picked her up and am getting 3k/4k all the time. Shes a high skill cap killer meaning she doesnt play well with garbage players. It's either get good or play someone else.

• Lowercase_Symbols
    Lowercase_Symbols Member Posts: 18

The nurse is still the best killer in the game. Just because she’s slightly harder to use because of her add on changes and cool down on blink doesn’t mean she’s the worst killer or impossible to use. You claim to be a ss nurse but any good nurse player that didn’t need to use her add ons because her rework would still say she’s top killer. Most of the people who say she’s “unplayable” or “worst killer” now do not have the high skill level to play nurse or a basic understanding of how to play her.

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939

Nurse will forever be trash:

1) If you're not near a dedicated server, the latency causes all sorts of issues with blinking.

2) The abundance of Nurse-specific bugs makes blinking a nightmare on certain maps.

3) The above two issues combine horribly with the fact that post-nerf Nurse's map patrol is OBJECTIVELY worse than before.

Solution: Add two more dedicated servers in USA and elsewhere (IDK about other countries) with higher tick-rate, fix the bugs, and ONLY use the cooldown blink mechanic when Nurse is in a chase.

• Umbrae_pk
    Umbrae_pk Member Posts: 482

People are still complaining about Nurse nerf in 2020? Jeez, get over it.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Entitled survivors couldn't bully the original nurse, fact! That's a big no-no. The new iteration can be genrushed if you play by the game rules. She can be abused. We're talking DBD, a game the devs balance for brown rank survivors against red rank killers.

Instead of addressing why killers were forced to pick nurse when they saw legacy Jakes in the lobby, they were all told to go to hell while giving survivors a thumbs up.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,187

As a Nurse main, it's mainly a bug and add on flexibility thing for me. I have no issue with her power level, and she's the most fun killer to me when she functions as intended. Base recharge is slightly too long relative to base distance against edge case 3k+ hr survivors that can really manipulate LOS+Distance and turn every 2nd blink into a max range guessing game, but those survivors pop up like once every 10th game, and I just use add ons to mitigate that, which puts her in line with every other killer re: add ons

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

I can bet money on the fact that anyone and everyone who says "she's still the best killer" has hardly put any thought or work into her after her nerf.

She has visual and sound bugs that haven't been acknowledged. She can't use her second blink many times. She still has a double fatigue stun, she can't port through many walls. Dedicated servers messed with her as well since she needs her blinks to be accurate.

She's been over nerfed and it's unfair what they did to my favorite killer and the neglect she's going through.

• siren_sorceress
    siren_sorceress Member Posts: 321

"This story gets old." You mean the truth got old? Shes was incrediblely overpowered. Theres no excuse for whatever bugs she has but those are obviously not intended so to complain as if they were is just plain silly.

• siren_sorceress

Her kill rate was low bc most players didnt play her optimaly. She was god tier broken in the right hands and any experienced dbd player who isnt drowning in bias knew this.

• UpsettingDruid0
    UpsettingDruid0 Member Posts: 20

Nurse has been a controversial killer since her inception, most people forget that her base kit used to be three blinks, she's been one of the killers with the most changes. Her add-ons were always something that I think caused issues but I didn't think her base kit was to strong, I do play both sides btw. I think the biggest problem with Nurse rn is all the bugs that she has, there should be no reason I fully charge a blink and go nowhere, if you don't believe that it happened to me, watch one of Otz's videos and you'll see it happen. I think all her bugs and dedicated server issues need to be fixed before the devs look at her base kit again.

• RobMeister88
    RobMeister88 Member Posts: 351

People didn't know how to loop her. "ignores game mechanics" *can have her entire power negated by doing sharp turns on walls/tires*

People asked for nerfs because instead of learning the already existing counter play, they just wanted the easy way out.

• BigBrainMegMain

You mean she was a difficult killer to learn and the payoff was 3-4kills a game after weeks/months of mastering her?

Oh no, what a plague among the survivor community.

• siren_sorceress

Um lol no, shes the best killer and needs the best players to play her. I'm guessing you never played her well or played against the old blinkybill or swift.

• DexyIV
    DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515

I don't understand these people that actually think Nurse is ruined by the changes they did to her, when the only thing that was changed was her addons that she didn't really need anyway and the fact they added an extra second of wait time after fatiguing. Seems like a slap on the wrist compared to what they could have done. But I don't see her as much anymore so I guess I shouldn't complain too much

• BigBrainMegMain

They gave a red bar to her blinks. They made her addons from bad to #########.

She still has Omega Blink. Changes to her Basekit were unnecessary and she is riddled with bugs that the devs refuse to acknowledge.

She can't port through some walls, she can lose her second blink at random.

A decent team running Dead Hard is a gg.

• Malik1178
    Malik1178 Member Posts: 34

The nurse is still the best killer. Just because shes harder to use doesnt mean she isnt good anymore you just have to learn to get used to the new nurse. I get ez 2k-4ks with her and im on console. If that doesnt say anything then idk what does

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

Dafuq? Read what he/she/x wrote and read my reply to it again if it confuses you. I didn't make any statement about what nurse was but many people already told the devs that they were fine with an addon rework which I am too.

This is now what almost half a year since then and they have not fixed any bugs that they caused with this lazy ass job. The killer is in such a bad state due to various bugs, not all of those do even affect the nurse alone but survivors too. Like there is this one bug which is completely gamebreaking and if more people play nurse and simply abuse this bug, i bet the outcry would lead to a fast fix asap.

But i kinda think the rest will be left as is. When the game decides you can not use your power and people say "STILL BEST KILLER" cause they have no clue since they obviously never play nurse at all but have the audacity to make statements about it, is pesky. This story and statement gets old because it is not true at all, best killer simply is not one where you can flip a coin whether you will be able to use your power or not be it due to bugs or due to a map filled with deadzones due to lazy ass job again in the creation.

• TokyoTears
  • TheHippo
    TheHippo Member Posts: 41

She is absolutely not the best killer anymore, and the Devs own statistics show as much. Regardless, they went too far with the nerfs. No killer should be knee-capped like that, gradual nerfs and changes should've been the route to go.

• TokyoTears

Shape has been pretty strong lately, he can stalk all he wants and it’s pretty overpowered if you don’t have spine chill. Nurse was still slow, and it was very easy to escape from her. If she couldn’t blink she would have normal moving speed anyways.

• Cotten
    Cotten Member Posts: 31

I agree. As a killer main i tried the nurse after the rework. I can say that after 50+games with her I don't like the rework. She feels clunky to use, blink charge time varies depending on if your blinking in open space, through object, thickness of object so its hard to get the blink alone down. Couple that with only 2 blinks, now she is less aggressive. You have to wait for that second blink to charge back up to do anything offensive which just gives more survivors more time to run. Lets be honest she is easily countered by any good survivor. They just look behind and see you blinking and run back towards you.

I get she was hard to go up against I do but this was too much. I think doing a combination of the following might make her feel more sold.

1) Make her base movement speed 4.2 and leave her 2 blinks that she can only blink a set distance ( no charge up just blink.) This will allow Nurse users to use blink in an aggressive and consistent too which is the big thing. You can even increase the recharge rate to balance this out.

2) Make charging her blink faster. The way it is right now makes it too obvious and easily counter.

3) Allow us to swing while holding the charge. I don't know why we cant since she swings with the other hand

4) Allow us to cancel the blink. This will add more mind games during the encounter.

5) allow the camera angle to determine which way we are moving mid blink. To many times I blink and see a survivor to the right or left mid blink but I can't do nothing cause I have to blink in a straight line.

Now im not saying add all these or any im just suggesting things. So bring on the Survivors who know nothing about the nurse because they are casual killers and let the flame

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,051

Her lunge out of blink is so pathetic. I played with her today and could hardly land any hits. She's a useless killer now.

• AestheticCharms
    AestheticCharms Member Posts: 136

Doubt you were a good nurse then. I play great 3k sometimes 4k but I'm still playing good.

• DVD420
    DVD420 Member Posts: 31

This really shows you the thought process of the Devs.

A survivor add-on/Perk/Mechanic is too strong? Suck it up or stop playing the game loser.

An almost entirely SKILL-BASED KILLER is overperforming? So sorry, we'll fix it right away my dear.

Their bias is so blatant at this point and yet they still try to deny it.

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

Do you any data to back those statements up? YouTubers, streamers, bhvr stats? I understand that you take the stats with a grain of salt, but she has the lowest pick rate and the lowest kill rate. It would seem to me that if only the skilled played her long term, then her kill rates would be very high.