What do you think if we can use 5 perks instead of 4? PERK SYSTEM?

I think it would be better and easier to do more perk builds!

I am trying to use all perks in the game but some of them need another one to be useful and Its kinda trash If I want one thing to be work well and I have to use 2 perk slot instead I pick 2 perk which are good alone .

MAYBE it would be the best if the game have a perks system like you have 10 points what you can spend what perk you pick

for example : DS or adrenalin each is cost you 2.5 points meanwhile tenacity cost 2 points

Or

Noed or PopGo each cost 2.5 points meanwhile overcharge cost is 2 points .

Something like that

Comments

• Cry4_Me
    Cry4_Me Member Posts: 6

Personally I think this would be a killer buff . Killer perks are have more effect for the whole match .

I think both should be the same you should have 9 points to spend each prestige you get plus 1 so after 3 prestige you will have 12 points so would be the same like now just you can pick a weaker one as well . Or you can pick 6 but if you pick 6 all of them have to be the weaker perks . I should give all the top 10 perks 2.5 cost so the meta would be weaker and you think twice if you want to use what 80% player use . All other perks cost 2 points and end of the list perks needs some buffs.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

And yet killers often decimate with just 4 perks, so is adding a 5th really balanced? Not particularly.

• Reborn2020
    Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138

Name one build that doesnt work for you right now because you need one extra perk? And i will upvote your thread.

• Cry4_Me

Little nerf for meta perks meanwhile a little buff for all the other perk. Game would have more ways to create your personal play style.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

Again, you need to see the bigger picture here, essentially you are asking the same as when you would ask "can perks be more powerful?" or "can we merge some perks together".

And if we do that it has to be balanced out somewhere else.

Its just numbers being moved around.

• Cry4_Me

So my feeling is with the 5th perk would be always have the perfec build. When you play next I want you to think what would be great to your build for the 5th perk.

1. Autodidact
    2. Aura reading ability perks ( empathy or aftercare)
    3. An exhaustion perk ( sprint burst)
    4. Inner strenght ( you need to get heal somehow)
    5. DS if the killer tunneling

And you still not have borrowed to save your friends on the hook if the killer is camping

Killer freddy

1. Pop go
    2. Make your choice
    3. Ruin
    4. BBQc
    5. Thanatoph

Okay maybe these are the perks you cannot pick together but maybe make your choice is not a top 10 perk.

• Cry4_Me

No this idea is good for those who want to change the meta . Strong perks will stay strong weaker perks will be more usefull to use .

I mean to buff perks like slippery meat or vigil or diversion which are not use full enough to even pick if you can have 6 of them .

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,089

Killers dont have it as bad as you and others are pretending.

@Topic:

The game was created around having 4 Perks. While I would totally love to have a fifths Perk Slot, it is not as easy to implement. As Killer and Survivor you need to think about your Loadout, but this gets removed a little bit when you have one Perk Slot extra.

• Nescau
    Nescau Member Posts: 51

I totally support 5 perks for Killer. During Old Ruin times, I already thought Killers had about 3.5 times the power of single Survivor and could use a 5th perk slot to move them to 4 times. With Old Ruin gone, it's a no brainer.

Alternatively, they could also choose one from a certain group of Killer perks and make it baseline. For example:

1. What if NOED was baseline but Survivors had a totem counter and the totem detection part of Small Game also became baseline? It could become an additional objective that slows down gen speed while also being optional and allowing Survivors to choose dealing with NOED if it means gens being done faster. BHVR could even use the opportunity to revisit Hex perks design so other Hex perks could stay useful (with a lesser effect) despite being cleansed.
    2. What if Brutal Strength or Enduring became baseline? Making some actions/recovery faster is a relevant buff that also counts as a nice quality of life change. It would also allow BHVR to develop another perk for either Trapper or Billy, which could be interesting.
    3. What if Spies from the Shadows became baseline? Yeah yeah no many people care about the perk, but what if BHVR gaves the much requested Crow-themed Killer and make an overhaul to the whole crow system? Something to think for the future.

A point system where certain perks weighted more than others could be good as well, specially since devs made many perks that are better used together.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    edited March 2020

No, I'm just good at it.

these are all back to back by the way, not like, one every other day, this is just a usual gaming session for me

• Cry4_Me

I think these are not the worst what you can get . But I am talking about the perk builds I saw your builds and survivor builds . These builds are almost the best thats why most people using these perks. But if we have a point system I probably take 2 weaker perk instead of using sloppy or BBQ all the time Or at least if you dont pick the strongest one you get buff for the others. MY OPINION

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

That's only what people who don't play survivor would say.

• des7in
    des7in Member Posts: 47

My thoughts exactly. A single beastly creature with 16 perks is vastly different from four small creatures each with 4 perks. Also, consider how many of those would be duplicates.

• jibbigibbles
    jibbigibbles Member Posts: 42

I always thought it would be cool if you could equip an extra perk but it had to be a teachable of whoever you are playing as

• ZombieTCO
    ZombieTCO Member Posts: 4

5 Perk slots for both sides; however, the 5th perk shouldn't be able to be a perk that's a teachable. Otherwise you could have insane builds

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

If BHVR decided to give Survivors 5 perks?

I would switch to Resident Evil: Resistence even faster than I am already.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

DS, Adren, Unbreakable, Deliverance, BT

Thana, Sloppy, Dying Light, Ruin, Pop

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

4 perks feels just right...5 perks would tip the iceberg over...