Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why are alot of killer mains so mean

Respectfulnancymain
Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816
edited May 2020 in General Discussions

Everytime a survivor complains about anything they get harassed by killer mains who call them entitled,crybabys or toxic and tell them to git gud instead of just discussing why they disagree with the survivor. Can anyone tell me why? Killers call survivors toxic over everything but insulting someone for there opinion also sounds a bit toxic.

This thread is old please ignore

LET THIS THREAD DIEEEE ITS SOO OLD

Post edited by Respectfulnancymain on

Comments

• mj2303
    mj2303 Member Posts: 47

Yeah just do your best to avoid engaging with them as any criticism of the match a lot take as you 'attacking' them and bruises their ego. You do get some who are open and honest about unfair hits/glitches or 'unreasonable play' and will discuss it normally though. But if you do start getting 'ez' and 'git gud' comments back just leave them to it and don't pander to them

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

Because killer gameplay feels way more competetive. So the people mainly playing killer are more focused to win (4k/pip) than the survivor side.

• fleshbox
    fleshbox Member Posts: 494

I dont main any side but i do play more killer cos i am far better at it. I suck as a surv but am better than avg at killer. Plus i like the extra bp

• tactic
    tactic Member Posts: 356
    edited March 2020

Hey now, let's try not to generalize all killer mains as toxic people.

For a lot of multiplayer games, players come to the forums mostly to complain rather than give thanks and compliment, so it makes a lot of sense that killers in green/purple ranks would come over here and complain; It is pretty frustrating in those ranks. (mostly due to matchmaking but you get my point). Or simply people who have experienced bad matches, or have had many bad experiences with certain perks.

• Deathslinger
    Deathslinger Member Posts: 570

I see your name original poster...

• Respectfulnancymain

My name's cause i used to main nancy and a killer called me toxic cause i flashlight saved

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

You can ask the exact same to survivor mains xD. Alot of survivors call me for no reason toxic, camper, tunneler, slugger (As oni how dare I slugg as oni!!) or they insult me personally because I killed them.

• Respectfulnancymain

I'm talking about the fourms but yea Im game survivors are toxic alot

• Kalec84
    Kalec84 Member Posts: 495

I'm not really "mean" but i have to say, as example.

Just got a match at rank 1 with oni, played as far as possible, got away from hooked ppl, didint slug too much (is oni) didnt tunneled,got 2 kills, the surv were good, nice game you will say.

Nope, in the post game chat one of them literally said:

-Rank 2 #########? You are #########!

Now, if i win being an a-hole you insult me, if i play fair you insult me wile laughing cuz you escape...

you can say not all survivors are like that, but how can i know from time to time?

also, disable end game chat, i do that some times, is relaxing

• Respectfulnancymain

There was a post about infectious fright needing a nerf ( i think its balanced) and some people were telling him about calm spirit but others were just insuling him

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

@toxicnancymain

Alright in that case that is weird, I never meet ppl like that here, but it seems that alot of ppl here are passive agressive. I mean with that, they write often replies that seem to call you negatively out or your opinion but they hide that in a wording where it is not that bad than it should sound. I made a while ago a post about unbreakable, that the perk can be very strong if it works. Then once someone answered with "Devour hope, if it works its too good LUL".

• Kwikwitted
    Kwikwitted Member Posts: 641

Because it's obviously a situation where said perk just hurt him in one game so his overreaction is to complain and ask for it to be nerfed, which is insanity.

This is the kind of stuff that makes survivor mains or survivor-sided players look out of touch and frankly stupid, whining about a perk on a whim when killers tend to be bringing up issues they see in EVERY game.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

They deal with a lot of toxic survivors so they have to stand strong playing alone against gangs of bullies in some games.

• honestlybaffled
    honestlybaffled Member Posts: 175

Will posts like this ever end?

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

If I had to guess its because you really only see killer mains in three scenarios.

You were the last to die and you're sitting there with a person expecting you to attack them.

You all 4 escaped and you're having fun with your survivor friends and the killer is pouty because he displeased the entity.

The killer got mad enough to make a forum post.

Most killers 4k every game (and sometimes 5k) and never feel angry in the slightest so there's no reason to post about problems.

Just don't complete any generators and make sure not to crawl away from the hook like an entitled survivor main and you'll see killer mains are quite kind. They may even give you the hatch if you're a really good boy!

• ermsy
    ermsy Member Posts: 580

I completely agree with this, there is an equal amount of salt and toxicity in the forums from both killer and survivor.

Survivors moan about camping and tunnelling and will get responses like "git gud", don't get caught in the first place", "oh you must be rank ##" etc

Killers moan about gens going too fast and they're met with "git gud", "pressure the gens, it's not that hard", "oh you must be rank ##" etc

You get the point, but as above post said ignoring one side and pointing the finger at another is just plain silly.

• DYNAMICskills7
    DYNAMICskills7 Member Posts: 129

It’s not an opinion it’s fact and if killer mains explained to every crybaby why, there would be no time to even play the game. Why would you explain in full detail why their stupid a hundred times over. You need to copy paste or just call them stupid for not researching themselves with logic and experience. Honestly it’s frustrating because devs lean towards lower rank complainers. It’s so easy it’s actually gotten boring a bit as survivor in swf.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192
    edited March 2020

Put very simply, the people who are rude and abrasive to each other on this forum, understand that there is no real consequence to being an ass to someone over the internet, in a way that most of them wouldn't dare to in real life. Both sides are as bad as each other for this, because you don't have to be killer or survivor to treat people like cr*p, its a personal choice.

And all over a video game. Christ I must be getting old, because i just don't understand it myself.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

I mean, survivors do it too

I don’t do it that often

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Honestly both sides can be pretty hostile towards each other. Though I would agree on the average the killers seem quicker to be hostile.

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158

Years ago it was decreed that all killer mains must smite all those that have the will and hope to survive. They was told to do the enititys work to drain these so called survivors of all hope and that certain plucky will they have...

Unfortunately I really don't have a clue I am a proud pig main but also play suriviour. Unfortunately it works both ways and this war with each other really stops the actual improvement we all desire.

I will always listen to views on how to improve this game unfortunately some will not. And the trolls that like to insite petty baits and insite reactions are the worst offenders. Nothing will change unless we change and drop this behaviour.

🐷

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    edited March 2020

I have always feel the war between survivors and killers only in the forums and other social media plattforms.

Sure I had also see toxicity sometimes in the game, but I had blame it then on the person and not the role, they are decided to play.

That said and also as already mentioned, -in the forums is the war real. From my killerpoint of view for good reasons and I assume, some survivors have also their reasons.

Edit: And to say it clear: By all what had happened, I can understand killers and survivors.

• Respectfulnancymain

Yea i agree that alot of survivors are toxic. But alot of killer mains insult survivors for no reason and then act like all killers are angels

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

Your username is "toxicnancymain"... 🙄

Obvious bait thread is obvious.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

I've been staying at Rank 16 killer and I'm still being paired up with Ranks 3, 8's and 12's.

So much for "not ranking up."

And yes, I'm purposefully staying Rank 16 for a while because killer worse the higher you go.

• Respectfulnancymain

My name is toxic nancy main cause i used to main nancy and got called toxic by my teammate when i bodyblocked him then flashlightsaved him

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    edited March 2020

After my experiences is talking to survivor mains, like talking to a wall:

No matter how you argue and how much you listen by yourself to them - they just ignore everything and going forward with the things they want to say, even if you have them multiple times prove wrong.

This sitution was as example, what had make me clear that the discussions were less about topic X and more about killers vs survivors and that had let me pick a side.

If survivors are not interested in what a killer thinks and just want to talk them down, it is wise to realize this and draw your conclusions from that.

I don't say, that my story fits to everyone, but I also think that I am not alone with that mindset and experience.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

Killers can't sit down and relax while holding M1 on a generator.

Playing killer means chasing the survivor through a plethora of T Walls, Pallets, shacks and generators during a chase.

It's quite stressful, anything a survivor complains about (except for tunneling and camping which to me are valid complaints) is marked as invalid. The game has been pandering to survivors for the past year so they have literally nothing to complain about.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited March 2020

Most of us don't, the community as a whole basically insults anyone who has an opinion about anything. It's not a killer or survivor thing it's a this community is generally unpleasant thing haha.

I find survivors to be more toxic in the post game chat however, but killers to be more toxic with their in game actions. Herd mentality can really amp that up too, 4 survivors to one killer, human nature makes them gang up on the killer most of the time. I've had games where survivors would literally just leave a guy to die on hook, and then postgame they would be like "#########?" and a survivor would go "Lol sorry they were camping like a *****" and then that survivor that died would be like "Oh well **** that guy" like just immediately believe a straight up lie passing the buck, and then all four ganged up on me for "camping" as I chased other people on the other side of the map?

These are who they are calling entitled, not everyone who has an opinion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnvO825G5Sk&t=1s

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Killer mains can't 'relax' when the game actively punishes them for doing so.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Most of the "mean killer mains" (those guys that just say "bait" and never post any actual arguments) are quite simply bad at the game and thus consider everything that could possibly buff survivors/nerf killers a personal attack.

• ZFennecFox
    ZFennecFox Member Posts: 510

When a pallet hits you the survivor Tea bags and then flashlight blinds you not once but 5 times in a match it gets annoying very fast.

• KrispiesChicken
    KrispiesChicken Member Posts: 171

The very fact you're telling killers to stay in low ranks to have fun is exactly what's wrong with this game.

• YeetoDorito
    YeetoDorito Member Posts: 55
    edited March 2020
  • CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050

Damn straight. I can’t wait until the 13th because right now I am rank 5. And let me tell you, there ain’t no way that i deserve a rank higher than 10!

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

In a game the killer cant relax he always need to be active and on edge not only that but right now the game is not forgiving for the killer if you compare them to the survivor and all the salt you receive from the killer is because they get t bag every single game and harass in the chat after the game

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

Yup the time all my fun is when rank reset happen like that i can play all the killer and still do good then i hit rank 5 and im only spamming my main killer if i dont im getting bully really hard

• CrispyChestnuts
    CrispyChestnuts Member Posts: 175

Mains on both sides are super toxic. Just encourage people to play both sides and not to be toxic.

This discussion has been closed.