Will the new killer be a common sight?

deollie
deollie Member Posts: 168

I'm curious to see how many players are going to play him. Is he worth the purchase or will we keep playing the same killers as before?

Comments

• tactic
    tactic Member Posts: 356

It usually happens that whenever a new killer is released, they become a very common sight for the next week or so. (Oni was kind of an exception however)

I'll probably buy him myself; his ability looks fun to use. He does seem a bit on the weaker side tho imo

• deollie

I've been hearing that he's weaker compared to other killers from a lot of different people. That's why I'm curious to see if people will even consider buying him.

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632
    edited March 2020

Perks are meh, and the killer is unique, but it's true he is a weaker huntress. So if you want him because you want to only play strong killers - than no. If you want to be the Ahab Moby Dick of the wild west - than yes.

But the survivor perks are not only game breaking, but comes with a strong/memeing perk for swf, or just memeing perk for solo. So if you play survivor at all, take the DLC to level Zarina.

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

Doubt it

On the first day without a doubt, 2nd day probably not, seems like a weak killer that doesn't bring anything new to the game

• BeHasU
    BeHasU Member Posts: 830

Remember Plague? Yeah, a couple of weeks then she was gone.

• tactic
    tactic Member Posts: 356

I'm hoping BHVR does a reverse-Oni and gives him a nice buff shortly after his launch. Hopefully the 115% people have been asking for, but I'm mostly buying him for the fun of having someone to mess around with in lower ranks.

• kreeper124
    kreeper124 Member Posts: 492

I saw a post that he's not getting any changes after PTB, but hopefully the devs change their minds

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    edited March 2020

Deathslinger will be one of those killers that are gonna be rare because most people will struggle to dominate with him. Some people however will put many hours in him and become beasts as with most "underdog" killers.

The vast majority will go back to stronger killers eventually, though - especially after a couple bad games with the Deathslinger.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

For about a week or two. After that, not so much, and definitely not in high ranks.

• deollie

I wanna see some players do really well with him, he seems fun imo... 🤷

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

He is fun and decently good, but I dont think he will be a common sight at higher ranks, although, we may get some dedicated players that will master him and will obliterate any team.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

I'm going to play him when he comes out and instantly go for the adept achievement. After that I'll play him on a whim. I'm a jack of all trades, master of none.

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367

He's kinda weak so I don't think he will be a major pick like Hillbilly or Oni.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited March 2020

You will see him a lot to start with.

I think the new survivor will be more popular than the killer.

With him being an fps shooting killer with iron sight it will draw a certain crowd.

They look good and imo have great potential but they don't have the initial map pressure of others.

I think those who wish to play around will enjoy him for a while and probably build them into a rotation but those that want to win at all costs will probably go back to their mains.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,862

Expect to see a fair amount of him the first 2 weeks or so then it'll drop off.... like virtually every killer. Long term I don't expect to see a high pick rate for this killer.

• deollie

He seems very fun to play imo, but you're right about him not being great at map pressure sadly. A lot of people will not play him just for that reason like you said, but he seems different with the chain gun and he seems more interesting... Once again imo 🤷

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

Imagine the killer was weak in the ptb and people ######### around in this mode now put him on the ladder against people who want to climb and you will see how weak he really is

• KaceSpireh
    KaceSpireh Member Posts: 112

Probably will

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

If i get bullied with him 24/7 because his gameplay design is crappy i'm just gonna keep playing nurse.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

I'm only interested in the survivor for this new DLC 😗

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

Not even gonna bother to buy this.

Just gonna bully this killer into oblivion for fun.

• deollie

I'm curious to see how the players that wanna get good with him will play him. I wonder if he'll be impossible to beat with the right build.