Dying State

Options

Ive been playing this game since day 1 and it always bothered me why we cant heal to injured state ourselves. As a community we always talk about how camping, tunnelling and looping arent fun and all need to be adressed but how about slugging? I think we should be able to fully heal while in dying state. Its up to the killer to make the choice wether they want to hook you or chase someone else. I dont think the survivor in dieing state should be punished because another survivor shows him/herself allowing the killer to drop you for a chase. The time it takes to get from dying state to injured state should be doubled.

Some perks could be changed to adjust to this new system.

Unbreakable
Past battles have taught you a thing or two about survival. When recovering from the dying state grants the ability to directly go from dying state to full health state once per trial. Increases dying recovery by 15/20/25 %.

Deerstalker
Unlocks potential in one's Aura reading ability. Reveals dying Survivors' Auras when standing within 12/24/36 metres. Survivors cannot heal themselves further than 95% of the dying injured state.

Tenacity wont be changed.

Comments

• switch
    switch Member Posts: 489
    Options

Maybe troll ?
    However NO

• TessaTheDeath
    TessaTheDeath Member Posts: 48
    Options

There are perks already that allows you to heal from the dying state: Unbreakable and No Mither. Isn't that enough?

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770
    Options

whats wrong with only using unbreakable? Who has a problem with being slugged its your fault you messed up and got downed you dont deserve any more free lifes than what is already in the game. just use unbreakable.

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696
    Options

@Global said:
    whats wrong with only using unbreakable? Who has a problem with being slugged its your fault you messed up and got downed you dont deserve any more free lifes than what is already in the game. just use unbreakable.

This isn't about free lifes or any of that garbage.

Slugging is an unfun mechanic, plain and simple.

Who wants to crawl around on the ground for 4 minutes, but then again I suppose Killers could care less.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,761
    Options
    Tizzle said:

@Global said:

Who wants to crawl around on the ground for 4 minutes, but then again I suppose Killers could care less.

There's nothing sadder, more boring and frustrating than watching a killer run circles around a slugged survivor for 4 minutes. It's just pathetic and thirsty.

I once had that happen and the survivor kept crawling toward me with a killer that wouldn't let him leave his sight. Had to sneak around the whole map to get away from them. Got the hatch fortunately.
  • Tizzle
    Options

@Wolf74 said:

@Tizzle said:

@Global said:

Of course it is about free lives and that garbage!

Do you think all the crap survivors are doing is "fun" for the killer?
    But that is all "needed to survive", right?
    But anything the killer is doing to get his objective is "unfun" and needs to get "fixed", because "fun" is only for survivor

Slugging requires no interaction between the Survivor and Killer.

If you aren't having fun playing as Killer, why exactly are you playing?

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

@Tizzle said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Tizzle said:

@Global said:

But anything the killer is doing to get his objective is "unfun" and needs to get "fixed", because "fun" is only for survivor

No interaction between killer and survivor?
    So tell me, how exactly did the survivor down on the ground?

• Tizzle
    Options

@Wolf74 said:

@Tizzle said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Tizzle said:

@Global said:

You can't be this dumb.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Wolf74 said:

@Tizzle said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Tizzle said:

@Global said:

Do you understand that slugging happens after the survivor is downed?
  • redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Ok I see all the slugging stuff and yes can be a pain but it once helped me win a match (thanks iron will) by crawling to a hatch behind things when the hag downed my team and didn't bother to hook me first I know I was lucky but being slugged cab help if used right?
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552
    Options

@Tizzle said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Tizzle said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Tizzle said:

@Global said:

You can't be this dumb.

This shows how much egoistic survivors are. Survivors have this mentality that a killer and 'one' survivor should have equal chance and ground because they think that this game is symmetrical.

If you didn't notice, there are 4 survivors you know? When he slugs you, he deals with someone else therefor there is an interaction.

Why do killers slug? It is because it prolongs the game and gives more opportunity to the killer to win the game.

Killing survivors is fun btw. What is not fun is to getting gen rushed and have 1 or 2 hooks in 3-4 min matches. Slugging is fun for the killer but not fun for the survivor. Gen rushing, saving people from the hook and escaping is fun for the survivor but not fun for the killer.

Deal with it.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Shadoureon said:
    Ive been playing this game since day 1 and it always bothered me why we cant heal to injured state ourselves. As a community we always talk about how camping, tunnelling and looping arent fun and all need to be adressed but how about slugging? I think we should be able to fully heal while in dying state. Its up to the killer to make the choice wether they want to hook you or chase someone else. I dont think the survivor in dieing state should be punished because another survivor shows him/herself allowing the killer to drop you for a chase. The time it takes to get from dying state to injured state should be doubled.

Unbreakable
    Past battles have taught you a thing or two about survival. When recovering from the dying state grants the ability to directly go from dying state to full health state once per trial. Increases dying recovery by 15/20/25 %.

Deerstalker
    Unlocks potential in one's Aura reading ability. Reveals dying Survivors' Auras when standing within 12/24/36 metres. Survivors cannot heal themselves further than 95% of the dying injured state.

Cant tell whether serious or trolling

• SuperiorityComplex
    Options
    Looping isn’t fun, but we deal with it. Slugging is apart of the game, and while I agree it isn’t fun, it’s something you just have to deal with. 
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

@Shadoureon said:

Unbreakable

Deerstalker

Use unbreakable and you can

• Usui
    Usui Member Posts: 531
    Options

Unbreakable is a really really bad perk. Out of 20 games you'll find use out of it maybe 1 time if you're lucky.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Wolf74 said:
    Is this a serious request???

Well it is from a survivor. Survivor players request stuff like this all the time and in the past, they have actually received some of the ridiculous requests before.

looks at Freddy's grave

Soon they'll be asking for firearms to fight off the killers.

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615
    Options

@HellDescent said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Wolf74 said:
    Is this a serious request???

Well it is from a survivor. Survivor players request stuff like this all the time and in the past, they have actually received some of the ridiculous requests before.

looks at Freddy's grave

Soon they'll be asking for firearms to fight off the killers.

They already have believe it or not.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    Options

@Tizzle said:

@Global said:

flashlights are an unfun mechanic, instaheals are an unfun mechanic, 60% of survivor perks are unfun mechanics, pallets are an unfun mechanic, windows are an unfun mechanic
    I do not care what you consider unfun

• Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753
    edited September 2018
    Options

@brokedownpalace said:
    There's nothing sadder, more boring and frustrating than watching a killer run circles around a slugged survivor for 4 minutes. It's just pathetic and thirsty.

There's nothing sadder, more boring and frustrating than watching a survivor run circles around every pallet of the map, for each one 4 minutes. Even when the gens are done. It's just pathetic and thirsty.

Go both way :p

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

@redsopine1 said:
    Ok I see all the slugging stuff and yes can be a pain but it once helped me win a match (thanks iron will) by crawling to a hatch behind things when the hag downed my team and didn't bother to hook me first I know I was lucky but being slugged cab help if used right?

Iron Will doesn't work in dying state

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Options
    Usui said:

Unbreakable is a really really bad perk. Out of 20 games you'll find use out of it maybe 1 time if you're lucky.

That’s the point, not every perk is meant to do justice every single game. And it is great because it make the game a bit more fun and challenging by taking the risk with certain perks. 

Also can not wait to see more perks that can counter other perks. So every perk can be seen as a risk taker. 

(Crazy idea) if you use any exhaustion perk, the killer gains the same additional speed or half of your speed. 
  • redsopine1
    Options
    Does when lv3 %100 no sound any condition lv1 %80 not moving I hid in the tall grass then moved as they wanderd off
  • Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,481
    Options

@Giche said:

@brokedownpalace said:

There's nothing sadder, more boring and frustrating than watching a survivor run circles around every pallet of the map, for each one 4 minutes. Even when the gens are done. It's just pathetic and thirsty.

No, it really doesn't.

Pallet looping is a method of survival.

Slugging the last person for 4 minutes is just wasting their time. The game is over, you won, hook them. You're being a scumbag.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited September 2018
    Options

@Usui said:

Ubreakable DS combo was considered the best perk loadout by the depip squad and it worked wonder.
    Watch the gameplay if you dont believe me

No matter what the killer does, you get a free escape

• Giche
    Options

Pallet looping is an old cheesy exploit that the devs never bothered to fix and instead added band-aid fix to work around.

So your "method of survival"... lul.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,761
    Options
    Giche said:

@brokedownpalace said:

That doesn't even make sense. Nice try tho.
  • redsopine1
    Options
    Again 3-4 killers can counter it along with anyone with a brain to boot the pallet's nurse huntress billy and leather face can all counter loopers by smashing in one hit and don't get stunned phasing nurse bypasses but takes timing and huntress can hit you with a hatchet as you drop one or while your looping them
  • Giche
    Options

@brokedownpalace

Wut ?

Are you really gonna say that pallet looping didn't exist and that this game is balanced ?

Really ?

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

the troll is real!

• Tizzle
    Options

@Delfador said:

@Tizzle said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Tizzle said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Tizzle said:

@Global said:

You can't be this dumb.

This shows how much egoistic survivors are. Survivors have this mentality that a killer and 'one' survivor should have equal chance and ground because they think that this game is symmetrical.

If you didn't notice, there are 4 survivors you know? When he slugs you, he deals with someone else therefor there is an interaction.

Why do killers slug? It is because it prolongs the game and gives more opportunity to the killer to win the game.

Killing survivors is fun btw. What is not fun is to getting gen rushed and have 1 or 2 hooks in 3-4 min matches. Slugging is fun for the killer but not fun for the survivor. Gen rushing, saving people from the hook and escaping is fun for the survivor but not fun for the killer.

Deal with it.

There is no interaction with the person that is slugged.

Hookiing and killing Survivors progresses the game.
    Doing generators progresses the game.
    Saving from the hook progresses the game.
    Escaping progresses the game.
    Looping has interaction.

Apparently the Survivor on the ground being slugged is interacting with the Killer chasing someone else, WHATTT?????? I don't know what to say.

Slugging doesn't progress the game nor provide any interaction which is unfun.

• Wolf74
    Options

@Tizzle said:

@Delfador said:

@Tizzle said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Tizzle said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Tizzle said:

@Global said:

You can't be this dumb.

Deal with it.

Looping has interaction.

Apparently the Survivor on the ground being slugged is interacting with the Killer chasing someone else, WHATTT?????? I don't know what to say.

lol
    Sorry, but you completely ignore the fact that the survivor on the ground is "bleeding out" and according to your own logic this is "progress the game", since if he dies from bleed out he is eliminated from the match.

2nd he already had "interaction" with the killer… at least twice. :D

3rd while he is on the ground bleeding, the killer interacts with other survivor, so there is interaction between the killer and the team of survivor… but just not with YOU.
    If the killer makes the tactical decision to NOT pick you up, to avoid flashlights, pallets, DS or the hatch or loosing a gen, that is HIS tactical solution to a problem.
    You just don't like it and want the other human being to play to your liking.

TL;DR "mimimi, the killer isn't killing me the way I like it"

• Delfador
    Options

@Tizzle said:

@Delfador said:

@Tizzle said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Tizzle said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Tizzle said:

@Global said:

You can't be this dumb.

Deal with it.

Looping has interaction.

The survivor on the ground is literally the RBT machine. The killer gives other survivors an RBT like pig and survivors need to get him up as soon as possible. If not, the killer will eventually down the other guy and there will be only 2 survivors left that are capable of doing something. The game will become very very difficult for the entire team. However, if the other survivors go to get him up, there will be no progression whatsoever which is in favor of the killer.

Slugging is hex ruin, slugging is pop goes the weasel, slugging is RBT, slugging is overcharge. Slugging prolongs the game and benefits the killer.

What is the difference between staying on the ground and waiting for somebody to come and save you or being hooked and waiting for somebody to come and save you? You can even crawl to your teammates + you didn't even get hooked. Next time he catches you, you will be hooked for the first time.

You don't like slugging because it massively benefits the killer. It is just like looping. You can either waste a pallet in 2 seconds or loop around it and waste 10-15 seconds of a killer and help your teammates. The killer can either pick the downed survivor and hook him while other survivor breaks LoS and hides and the killer wastes so much time trying to find him or he can slug the downed survivor and go after the other guy immediately and wastes survivors' time.

• Wolf74
    Options

@Delfador said:
    You don't like slugging because it massively benefits the killer.

This is not really true. In most cases slugging is less beneficial to the killer.
    It is way easier to heal up a survivor and he never lost a hook stage.
    Slugging only works only in limited situations for the killer.

• Delfador
    Options

@Wolf74 said:

@Delfador said:
    You don't like slugging because it massively benefits the killer.

This is not really true. In most cases slugging is less beneficial to the killer.
    It is way easier to heal up a survivor and he never lost a hook stage.
    Slugging only works only in limited situations for the killer.

Read the entire post and then answer.

If it less beneficial to the killer and easier for survivors to heal up and gain a hook stage then I don't see any problem here. Why do you whine?

Again you don't like lugging because it benefits the killer. If the killer slugs in wrong time, then the killer made a bad play and you won. I don't see a problem here either. None of your reasons make sense.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Well it always bothered me that Survivors gain a speed burst when hit and don't lose any base speed when in the Injured Health State, but i'm not asking for that ridiculous buff for Killers.

• Tizzle
    Options

@Delfador said:

@Tizzle said:

@Delfador said:

@Tizzle said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Tizzle said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Tizzle said:

@Global said:

You can't be this dumb.

Deal with it.

Looping has interaction.

The survivor on the ground is literally the RBT machine. The killer gives other survivors an RBT like pig and survivors need to get him up as soon as possible. If not, the killer will eventually down the other guy and there will be only 2 survivors left that are capable of doing something. The game will become very very difficult for the entire team. However, if the other survivors go to get him up, there will be no progression whatsoever which is in favor of the killer.

Slugging is hex ruin, slugging is pop goes the weasel, slugging is RBT, slugging is overcharge. Slugging prolongs the game and benefits the killer.

What is the difference between staying on the ground and waiting for somebody to come and save you or being hooked and waiting for somebody to come and save you? You can even crawl to your teammates + you didn't even get hooked. Next time he catches you, you will be hooked for the first time.

You don't like slugging because it massively benefits the killer. It is just like looping. You can either waste a pallet in 2 seconds or loop around it and waste 10-15 seconds of a killer and help your teammates. The killer can either pick the downed survivor and hook him while other survivor breaks LoS and hides and the killer wastes so much time trying to find him or he can slug the downed survivor and go after the other guy immediately and wastes survivors' time.

The Survivor is on the ground FOR FOUR MINUTES with no way to exit the game when slugged except disconnecting.

Being hooked last 90 seconds and even faster if you suicide and want to move on to the next game.

You just don't get it.

It's understandable if the Killer wants to chase and leave a Survivor on the ground for a short period of time, don't get me wrong.

• Delfador
    Options

@Tizzle said:

@Delfador said:

@Tizzle said:

@Delfador said:

@Tizzle said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Tizzle said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Tizzle said:

@Global said:

You can't be this dumb.

Deal with it.

Looping has interaction.

The Survivor is on the ground FOR FOUR MINUTES with no way to exit the game when slugged except disconnecting.

Being hooked last 90 seconds and even faster if you suicide and want to move on to the next game.

You just don't get it.

It's understandable if the Killer wants to chase and leave a Survivor on the ground for a short period of time, don't get me wrong.

Staying on the ground for 4 min is because of hatch standoffs. If there are more than 2 survivors in the trial and you get slugged for 4 min, you can't blame the killer, blame your own survivor mate. Again, for hatch standoffs, It is his only option if he wants to win the game with 4k.

You are not in the center of the game. You might want to move on to the next game while others do not. There is nothing to do here. None of the killers want matches to go for 4 min but gen rushing is a thing and whether they like it or not, they have to deal with it just like you need to deal with slugging.

• Vietfox
    Options
    Delfador said:

@Tizzle said:

@Delfador said:

@Tizzle said:

@Delfador said:

@Tizzle said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Tizzle said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Tizzle said:

@Global said:

You can't be this dumb.

Deal with it.

Looping has interaction.

You just don't get it.

Staying on the ground for 4 min is because of hatch standoffs. If there are more than 2 survivors in the trial and you get slugged for 4 min, you can't blame the killer, blame your own survivor mate. Again, for hatch standoffs, It is his only option if he wants to win the game with 4k.

You are not in the center of the game. You might want to move on to the next game while others do not. There is nothing to do here. None of the killers want matches to go for 4 min but gen rushing is a thing and whether they like it or not, they have to deal with it just like you need to deal with slugging.

Blame your own survivor mate because he's staying alive? Lol.
    Hope u dont mind if the 3rd one dcs so the 4th one can get the hatch sooner then.
  • Delfador
    Options

@Vietfox said:
    Delfador said:

@Tizzle said:

@Delfador said:

@Tizzle said:

@Delfador said:

@Tizzle said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Tizzle said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Tizzle said:

@Global said:

You can't be this dumb.

Deal with it.

Looping has interaction.

You just don't get it.

Hope u dont mind if the 3rd one dcs so the 4th one can get the hatch sooner then.

Read it with your eyes. I said that if there were more than 2 survivors. So 3rd one is not busy he can save you, no need to stay on the ground for 4 mins.

If there are 2 survivors, then the killer tries to prevent hatch standoff. You can't blame the killer for that.

• Vietfox
    Options
    Delfador said:

@Vietfox said:
    Delfador said:

@Tizzle said:

@Delfador said:

@Tizzle said:

@Delfador said:

@Tizzle said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Tizzle said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Tizzle said:

@Global said:

You can't be this dumb.

Deal with it.

Looping has interaction.

You just don't get it.

Read it with your eyes. I said that if there were more than 2 survivors. So 3rd one is not busy he can save you, no need to stay on the ground for 4 mins.

If there are 2 survivors, then the killer tries to prevent hatch standoff. You can't blame the killer for that.

I'll admit it was my bad then, understood 2 surv left instead of 3.
    My excuse is that it's late and i got 2 shots of vodka already:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DaXYaiyqGd0