Is matchmaking getting even worse?

Options
Actionjacksn
Actionjacksn Member Posts: 186
edited February 2020 in General Discussions

I agree that matchmaking is not at its very best nowadays, but is it gets worse over time still? I mean... i got very unbalanced matches with killer in the last wee.... months, but as i see it is getting wrose, did you notice it or its just me? For example here is an average match of mines... ofc i barely pull any kill if playing nice.

Post edited by Actionjacksn on

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,671
    Options

It is strange - yesterday I had Red Rank Killers and Survivors in nearly every game as Survivor. But the day before, I had 50% Green Rank Killers and when I had a Green Rank Killer, I had brown Rank Teammates.

Like, myself Rank 3, my Friend Rank 2, Killer Rank 11, Teammates another SWF with Rank 15 and Rank 19.

• blasto
    blasto Member Posts: 41
    Options

I think it’s been consistently worse since the last rank reset. They seem to be taking the lowest ranking survivor as a benchmark and filling it with higher ones. I’ve noticed this when I play survivor also

on the plus side my queue times have been much faster.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,187
    Options

Probably MMR system is doing its job lol

• Alonzo
    Alonzo Member Posts: 151
    Options

I would say the same. They call it new mm system.😃

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131
    Options

I get lobbies like the pretty much 90% of my games , but I don't mind since I already was rank 1 before and honestly don't mind playing against them. If there was no rank reset I would be in those ranks all the time, but I just don't play enough to get to one nowadays and usually end up on 4-5.

• Sassyturtle
    Sassyturtle Member Posts: 2
    Options

Thanks for the reply. I like playing as killer but i can't anymore. The gens flying and i got the kills by no one escapes death. And after that they message me that i play scammy / toxic using no escapes death, baby killer ez, stop using noed, etc. I'm new to this game, learning. I've noticed that many survivors are toxic to the new killers. They t bagging me, making noises at the exit gates, clicking flashlights, hate messages. I'll stick to survivor and see what happens with the new system you said.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

The best advice I can give you is don't listen to survivors. If they had their way we would all be bots. There is no "Survivor's Rule Book for Killers". Watch a youtuber called samination to get that joke :P

• korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442
    Options

It’s been like this since I started playing.

Behavior is a one hit wonder. They can’t support their hit game and they can’t make anything else that’s of value. Their behavior trailers still list deathgarden as an achievement. I played it a few times and felt cheated for the install and uninstall time.

• hanniballecturer
    hanniballecturer Member Posts: 31
    Options

I've recently noticed a number of names from the local university, from local cities, sports team, etc. Also, I'm noticing a lot of repeat survivors - I played back-to-back games with two other survivors yesterday, and that'd never happened before. Seems you're probably right.

• Meliodas_SvnDS
    Meliodas_SvnDS Member Posts: 2
    Options

Does matchmaking for anyone else take 10- 15 minutes for every game? The wait time is crazy for finding a match. Anyone else have this problem?

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Again.. they really have to fix this matchmaking issue. A friend of mine is rank 14 and he was (by playing solo) matched vs a rank 4 killer...

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050
    edited February 2020
    Options

My idea (not that they’d ever do it): start conscripting people into service as killer. The higher your rank, the more you have to play as killer. Say, if you’re rank 20 you don’t have to be killer, but if you’re rank 1 you have to be killer at least 1 out of 10 games and maybe even more often than that. If you don’t then you’re cut off, and no cutting games short with disconnects to cheat your way out of it.

It’s kind of a nuclear option, but would work because obviously the main problem is there simply isn’t enough red rank killers to handle the red rank survivor overload.

• RayrafLPP
    RayrafLPP Member Posts: 621
    Options

Im a Rank 1 Survivor atm and yesterday i got 2 rank 20 killers with no perks or addons equipped --> First time killer players.

The other survivors were around rank 16 in one game, the other had a rank 12 a rank 18 and a rank 8 + me.

Yes Killer is fun :)

• kazakun
    kazakun Member Posts: 581
    Options

I've been getting reds and purple's as a rank 15/14. It doesn't even seem to match by rank anymore. It's definitely not fun sometimes. I shared a match the other day where I was a 14,one survivor was a 15,then there was one each green,red,purple lol. I only play killer now because the survivor queue is ridiculous. At least when I play survivor it seems like the ranks are more even.

• kazakun
    edited February 2020
    Options

I really don't know what it going on lol. I only play killer because survivor queue is so long. I was getting reds as a rank 16. It doesn't always seem as lopsided with survivor. If they aren't going to use it to matchmake,rank is completely useless. Just a bar to fill up,or a sign of people that have more time to play,idk. I don't think I'll get much higher if it keeps up. The match after this I got 4 purple's and felt like I couldn't do anything. 4 flashlights. Couldn't apply pressure or finish chases. Maybe SWF. I'm definitely getting better going against better players,but there's a limit lol.

• just_a_noob
    just_a_noob Member Posts: 247
    Options

I really feel for you. i'm red rank and been getting matched with rank 18's/20's etc...it's not fair, nor is it enjoyable for the killer.

in regards to getting salty messages, don't take it personally they are probably only doing that because they died to someone thats only just learning the game. being a rank 2 and getting owned by someone who has just started playing is embarrassing. they have obviously been playing for a while and you're still getting use to the mechanics of the game and learning the right play style for yourself and experimenting with different perks to see what works best for you etc...they are rank 2, they should know a lot of killers use noed. (well they are at the momoent) if they don't want it in game then cleanse totems, easy as that. every game i go into now, i assume there is noed and i cleanse any totem i come across.

unfortunately, dbd is a toxic community, there will always be people that t-bag and click flashlights at you no matter what rank you are. i think its bs when people do it unnecessarily, it ruins the fun. i would block anyone that sends salty/nasty messages and keep doing and playing the way you want to and try to have fun with the game. Sorry you've been having bad experiences so far.

• Dweeteater
    Dweeteater Member Posts: 37
    Options

Ranking up with survivor is so easy that it doesn't really matter if you get a few red ranks as killer, chances are they're still potato enough to capitalize on. I say this as a purple rank killer main/red rank survivor. Your focus should be in learning all you can as Killer, all the tricks and subtleties. You'll get that continually versing strong survivors and teams that throw everything they know at you.

It's like that dude with dumbbells in his garage that are too heavy; with proper technique, they'll eventually cease to be.

TLDR: step your game up

• scarslookgood
    scarslookgood Member Posts: 157
    Options

I am Rank 20 - 18 killer on PS4 and get survivors up to 10+ ranks above me (purple & green ranks) roughly every other match.

Sometimes I luck out and get only yellow & white ranks a couple matches in a row, but it's all over the place.

So far, I had a Rank 6 as my highest while I was at Rank 19, so I guess I'm lucky no Reds yet!

• Managomousx
    Managomousx Member Posts: 3
    Options

I've noticed the exact same thing, which has provoked me to slowly stop playing altogether.

If the devs actually decide to go through with hiding rank altogether, I will definitely be leaving this game as I don't agree with keeping people misinformed. I mean....to provide no logic or reasoning behind it is bad enough, but keeping people misinformed is just dirty.

• knjhw
    knjhw Member Posts: 50
    Options

My tip to you is to stop playing as killer if you cant get the right rank. I mean just play survivor and I get it then if everyone played survivor there would be no killers.. but maybe this game just needs to die already so.. pfff just play survivor

• knjhw
    knjhw Member Posts: 50
    Options

Maybe nobody knows the difference between a slash and a bracket these days because those rank brackets are all twisted up my devs!!

• Sordieo
    Sordieo Member Posts: 2
    Options

Today I played as a rank 13 killer and got all rank 1 swf

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529
    Options

I think ranking right now is completely shut off. You just get random players.

• yoboiii24
    yoboiii24 Member Posts: 9
    Options

You are complaining but to the looks of it u managed to kill 3 of them were u unhappy unless u killed them all I'm confused

• PotEtU
    PotEtU Member Posts: 44
    Options

I uninstalled the game a couple of weeks ago, I'm glad i did seeing all this ######### that's going on. Killer was so frustrating, i normally enjoy playing the weaker killers because they are more fun IMO but if you want to have a chance now you need to play the top tier and even then watch gens get done so fast and all four escaping if you don't have noed or tunnel.

• murderer897
    murderer897 Member Posts: 16
    Options
  • Chrisko
    Chrisko Member Posts: 288
    Options

Dude. Fix your post (assuming english is your first language)..."Is matchmaking GETTING even worse" . If you're going to post something, at least fix the heading.

• MysticMusician
    MysticMusician Member Posts: 149
    Options

I played rank 16 killer yesterday, got a rank 4 survivor. Normally I get green and purple ranks.

• kazakun
    Options

How about that one,lol? I mean,I guess? I suppose if you can win,it doesn't matter. Is it fair for a rank 20 though? At the very least reds are going to have way more play time. And let's say the red is really really good...is it fair for them to get matched with potatoes that do nothing or that they have to keep saving? There's STILL people that hide in the locker the whole match. They wait til the crows show up and if the killer doesn't show,they go for another. I just don't think it's good for the health of the game. Even just say someone that just picked it up isn't going to want to play much if they can't even kill one guy. There's other reasons though.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

It has been like this for a lot of weeks: green & yellow killers getting matched with high rank survivors on a regular basis. Matchmaking isn't buggy. We simply don't have enough killers and especially not enough killers at red & purple ranks. If red survs would only get matched with red killers, the queue times would probably be around 45+ minutes.

• Huntar
    Huntar Member Posts: 848
    Options

Hey, at least they're fixing this issue by hiding rank soon. Can't complain about matchmaking if you can't see who you're matched up with, after all.

• cptvampire
    cptvampire Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2020
    Options
  • kazakun
    Options

That still doesn't fix the underlying issues. Not enough killers,not friendly to lower skill killers. Plus now if someone gets destroyed instead of assuming they are swf they'll just say they way probably way higher rank lol. I wish they could match by a win/loss ratio of some sort. Or base it on emblems. Something different. Give people an incentive to play killer. Or at least address a few of the issues people have. I understand wanting new players,but you gotta keep the diehards coming back. How long can you convince new people to try a years old game without word of mouth?

• JoeyBob
    JoeyBob Member Posts: 477
    Options

I've been facecamping with bubba and will continue to do so until the matchmaking is fixed. I'm just too sick of it.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,210
    Options

steam

ps4

i want to say yes it is

• yikers
    yikers Member Posts: 94
    Options

No wonder they are getting rid of ranks lol. I wouldnt want people to see this either.

• murderer897
    murderer897 Member Posts: 16
    Options

That isn't so fair tbf... Should be a rank 8/9 killer not 13

• kazakun
    Options

Yeah no doubt. Sometimes I can kill the higher ranks and sometimes I can't. I had a way better chance when it was even.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

I see 4 screenshots showing 3 kills in 3 of them and 1 kill in one of them. Because you need NOED to get kills why is that a problem? It is a perk used for that very reason. If they removed the ranks 3 out of 4 of those screenshots would be wins no reason to complain for not getting a 4k.

• OtakuBurrito
    OtakuBurrito Member Posts: 512
    edited March 2020
    Options

I mean...you tell me.

Edit: I let the last 2 at top go because Steve suicided on hook and Jane was just hot ass (no pun intended). The Red rank should have honestly died on Feng but she was a good sport and tried running me around while Meg got gens done. But I had like 4 PWYF stacks so she was still screwed.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763
    Options

I stopped grinding for perks with all the killers that I liked and switched to the Spirit/Billy/Freddy rotation to deal with the numerous red rank SWFs intent on using all their toolboxes before the "nerf".

• hanniballecturer
    hanniballecturer Member Posts: 31
    Options

It's definitely getting worse. First, I noticed the ranks climbing - the average game got more difficult. Recently, I've noticed the manners getting far worse - the average game got far less enjoyable.