Was pre nerf nurse ( no addons ) balanced at high ranks ?

Options

I’m talking no omega blink no 5 , 3 blink nurse just no addons and no cool down

Comments

• QsKaa
    QsKaa Member Posts: 56
    Options

The original one?. HA XD

For the nerfed one ... sadly... never lost a game with iron nurse. Hatch standoff excluded.

Win = 4k.

So no she was uberstronk now shes also strongish... but not fun at all

• Uistreel
    Uistreel Member Posts: 634
    Options

Yes, a pre-nerf no addon nurse was relatively balanced and fair (I think anyway). It was high risk, high reward. Even a very good nurse could be beaten by very good survivors. Her addons were bs and definitely needed changing, but her base was fine and counterable.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

I felt a base nurse pre nerf was fair. If you were great at landing your blinks you shouldn't have been punished for learning a high skill cap killer. It was possible to lose a nurse at red ranks. I know because people have done it to me :P

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    Options

I had a fun game recently on Hawkins Lab. Indoor levels are the best for her.

It's the sprawling open maps where she shows her limits. You spend all game blinking to cover ground. If she recovered faster outside a chase she's be a lot less oppressive to play as.

• SeducedByDaemonette
    SeducedByDaemonette Member Posts: 300
    Options

It depends on who played her . Nolifers 2k + hrs Nurse mains with 99% accurate blinks were unbeatable , but they also were very rare . Okish-good Nurses were balanced as long as they didn't use any extra blinks/movement speed addons . Tbh range addons are overrated I didn't find them op then neither I do know

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Ofc not, the old nurse was absurdly overpowered, even without addons. is this some sort of a bait?

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,072
    Options

Debatable. Put it this way: I only truly started playing Nurse consistenty after the nerf. If you took away the cooldown now, I'd probably feel like it would be a bit OP.

• hex_genrush
    hex_genrush Member Posts: 736
    Options
  • NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159
    Options

Base nurse was 100% fine. The nerf should just make her learning curve BS, so she will be less used.

• RobMeister88
    RobMeister88 Member Posts: 351
    edited March 2020
    Options

Most definitely. Even with most add-ons (including omega blink) she was still balanced, I mean ffs, tires and sharp turns at walls literally negated her power. The only thing that's not balanced about Nurse is her having the add-ons that increase her movement speed, which literally remove the counter play to her.

• KnotEnthusiast
    KnotEnthusiast Member Posts: 464
    Options

I think a lot of people now have both a more rosy glow about old nurse because it's been so long, and also never faced one that was actually extremely good. Old Nurse, even addonless, was the only killer that could beat the mythical coordinated SWF depip squad, assuming the player was a top tier player, and especially if you ran perks like MYC, Ruin, or other exposed/slowdown perks in addition to tracking (which most good nurses didn't, because she just didn't need them). She had the ability to end a chase in 30 seconds or less, regardless of map and structure.

That being said, did I enjoy going against an addon-less nurse? Absolutely, even good ones. Addonless Nurse basically turned every chase interaction into a mind game, and that was definitely fun. But at the end of the day, she was still a killer that ignored the basic mechanics of the game, and could wipe the floor with just about any survivor team, even without addons.

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816
    Options

Why are all your posts about nurse?

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131
    Options

Lol no xD

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081
    Options

I only play her now because she's not super overpowered anymore. That should give you your answer. She still has the potential to snowball games very quickly.

Her main weakness now is literally every other killer's weakness: big, awfully designed maps like Haddonfield, Yamaoka and Ormond.

On console? Yes, of course she isn't that good, I'd imagine. But on PC? She's a top 2 killer still even after the devs "destroyed her".

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    Options

No, she's not #2.

Even that, it's hard to judge because of the plethora of potato survivors at Purple Ranks.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
    Options

Yes absolutly, in fact only 2 kinds of addons made her broken: range and additional blinks. Now she is super unfun and gets destroyed against decent survivors, especially on certain maps.

• hex_genrush
    hex_genrush Member Posts: 736
    Options

I’m gonna have to agree even tho I just got a 4k on the game but the survs were like purple with 1 red rank surv but yeah against the common red rank swf she doesn’t stand a chance

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

I think so.

Problem was people hated her because she required the survivors to bring their A game.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

This is literally the paragraph I was going to write down to a couple sentences. I found her fun to play against, since it was always a gamble and required some stealth to be able to win. Now though... she is bad to play as.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246
    Options

In short: Yes she was balanced and probably the best creation bhvr ever made in this game at least addon-less.

Now I play her until my threshold for bugs is reached and that is it. Honestly I do not care anymore.