How often do you play each side?

BeHasU
BeHasU Member Posts: 830

Hey, how often do you play killer or survivor and why?

I really enjoy playing both sides equally-ish. There's days where i just want to play killer, hit survivors just to hear their scream, but somedays i just want to be in their shoes, getting chase and that great feeling after you escaped from an intense chase with close-calls.

Now i'm trying to learn a bit of survivor too, so its a 60% survivor and 40% killer at this moment, what about you guys?

Comments

• GRT_Alkaline
    GRT_Alkaline Member Posts: 226

I would say i play like 50/50.. mostly as I've noticed that during the day upto 6pm(gmt) i can get into survivor rounds really quick and after 6 it's like a 5 to 10 minute wait to even find a match.

So with that being the case after 6 i switch over to play killer rounds because before 6 it seems to take a while to get into a match.. what works out quite fun a survivor during the day and killer at night and i like the way that works out :D

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

Currently i am playing a little bit more survivor since i am intruducing the game to some friends but normally it is about 50/50

• Deathslinger
    Deathslinger Member Posts: 570

I’m still not technically playing, I played a lil of each recently to farm bp for new killer but it’s been awhile since I played for real. When I did I was probably 80/20. Killer being my go to. I like the killers and the challenge of being the killer, but I also like the survivor perk build options and team based gameplay when griefing isn’t happening.

I wanna go all in with Deathslinger. He’s the first killer who seems I might resonate with and main for a good while. I don’t even care if he is technically weak (too soon to really tell), I’ll just be like those clown mains and try to be the odd man out who does decently well with a killer not expected to be challenging~

• toxcitynacl
    toxcitynacl Member Posts: 464

Of my 82 days in game...maybe 1 full day is as killer and only to do dailies and only if it is one I can reasonably accomplish, plus one that doesn't require me to kill anyone. I will try to kill survivors, but pretty much if you get killed by me you have to be either pretty bad or I got very lucky.

• Kai6864
    Kai6864 Member Posts: 377

I play as many survivor games until I’m bored then I play killer until I’m bored, it’s pretty simple with me. Just by playing both sides once a day you can net yourself 1000 free xp so it’s pretty nifty

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

I play Survivor more consistently but I have a couple Killers leveled up and I’ll occasionally play the other side to spice things up, complete tome challenges or complete daily challenges.

It’s like a 70/30 split for me

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Unless I'm doing a side specific challenge where I need to be one role its usually 2 games of survivor and 2 games of killer maybe once a week.

If queues are quick or I'm on a roll I'll keep going, but that's usually enough. Not the games fault. I'm just busy irl.

• scarslookgood
    scarslookgood Member Posts: 157

I'm about 80/20 with the survivor side being dominant. I enjoy both, but play killer for the BP so there's no emotional attachment to how I perform.

• LordEmrich
    LordEmrich Member Posts: 258

I've been playing since it came out on Xbox:

100% Killer

0% Survivor

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687

I usually play survivor about 75% of the time now since I keep getting ranked with people who are at red ranks as killer.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

I most definitely play more killer now. Solo queueing as survivor is so painful so whenever I play survivor it's with at least one other person. It's not the fact that it's easier or anything it's just less boring and more chill to play with friends. It's also good to do dumb ######### and go for more interesting plays when you're playing with people you know.

• Aztreonam78
    Aztreonam78 Member Posts: 1,131

Now I play mostly Survivors because of the archives (too many Survivor quests).

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285

Id play surv more, but those queue times. Ugh, if I want a game, ill play killer

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054

50/50

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

I’m about 60/40 leaning toward killer. My wife is the other way leaning survivor. We take turns, so it feels like 50/50 for each role.

• Raccoonbrainworm
    Raccoonbrainworm Member Posts: 11

I'm still pretty new to the game, not sure if I've cracked 100 yet, but most of those gave been survivor. It's easier for me to be a lowbie with no perks going against one experienced killer than a lowbie killer with no perks going against four experienced survivors at the moment.

However when a games fun, I have more fun as a killer, even if I don't get any kills, but between the post chat insults and in game trolling, it's mostly frustrating right now as a new killer.

• HerbieHind
    HerbieHind Member Posts: 28
    edited March 2020

I play more Survivor because the queue times for Killer were too long when I first started and I kind of stuck to that role. Now, it takes a while to find a match as Survivor as opposed to near instantly with Killer. Don't enjoy Killer a whole lot because looping is so ridiculous.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

For me it's 40% survivor and 60% killer, because i love my gorgeous Sally.

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843

I used to be 70% survivor 30% killer long ago but survivors aren't unique, just skins, so now I've ended up playing killer 90% of the time since they each have something different that makes them more interesting and harder to get bored of. I really wish they would've made survivors unique with their own abilities and stuff but it's too late for that now

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052

It depends on whether I have company over and my mood. I will spend a whole day playing survivor with my neice, but I will also spend a whole day playing killer on my own. Sometimes I do solo survivor queue, but it gets boring a bit faster for me.

It also depends on what other games I've been playing. If I played a lot of hard games like sekiro or apex, I will probably play killer. If I was recently playing chill games like final fantasy 8 or death stranding, survivor.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

I've been playing more survivor recently, but even then I play killer 75% of the time, and survivor 25%.

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433

70% killer and 30% surv. Before it was the other way around,but i started finding killer fun even at rank 1.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

I've been playing a lot more killer since the Tome started forcing me to. I tend to prefer killer when I'm playing alone, because I find it a lot more relaxing than survivor. Unless I'm trying for an Adept, I never feel pressured to do well as killer because I don't care about my rank (in fact, I'd rather be lower ranked) so I have nothing to lose. Plus, after many, many hundreds of hours playing survivor, killer feels fresh and interesting. I feel like I have things to learn, goals to accomplish. And, as an added benefit, it gives me better insight into how the game feels for both roles so that I can have more informed opinions about things like game balance, based not just on empathy but on first-hand experience.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

I play killer 80% of the time, survivor about 20%. Some cases its 95% vs 5%. Some cases its 100% to 0. But usually when I play survivor I play with the intention of being more stealthy.....which is a playstyle to this day...they still haven't figured out how to balance the game and make it interesting. Instead its just the same old, gen rush+run and loop until the gens get rushed BS. Which is more "optimal" to do as a survivor, but not fun. Since the game is over in 1 or 2 chases. Don't care how big brained your killer gameplay is or how many mindgames you have up your sleeve, theres just way more safe pallets and loops you can make than get hit within the span of 60 to 120 seconds. And god forbid you have yet another chance like Dstrike or something else, you can just dedicate yourself to distracting the killer and playing ring around the rosie instead of booking it out of there so you don't die. Theres no risk vs reward while playing survivor, so I usually play it when I want free bloodpoints without thinking about anything. Cause you can just pop a gen, and rescue someone, along with some add ons or perks for bloodpoint and you're done.

Killer on the other hand, even though I'm a bit masochistic....this ######### is insane. I dunno how killers outside of pig tolerate the fact that you're just non stop tunneling people. This game is turning into Evolve Stage 2. Where they candidly killed off half their player base due to balance as well. I almost hope they don't get the rights to stuff like Hellraiser as to not ruin the franchise by making the characters look pathetic.

• creeping_death
    creeping_death Member Posts: 25

50/50. I play around 10 hours each day and of those hours half are spent with friends as survivor when they get off work and stuff.The other half is solo killer

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited March 2020

In the past I was 50/50, lately I've been playing more survivor though. The reason is that I find playing killer more fun but less varied. I also have a hard time deciding which killer to play usually since I like most of them.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

I used to play ALOT Killer but the past few weeks I play more survivor. So currently a 80/20 survivor/killer.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,118

Right now, 50/50. I play one survivor match and one killer match per day.

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806

I enjoy survivor more than killer, for sure.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

I usually play about 60% survivor, 40% killer. At the moment, due to the abuse you get by the unfair matchmaking as killer, i think its more like 90/10. and i am not a very good killer, and i dont want to become good enough to beat the top survivors, i just want players on my skilllevel.

I hope the new matchmaking will do that, but actually my hopes arent high about it. I think they just try to stop the complains with hidding the rankings, and you still will be outplayed, because not much high skill killers are left, so they have to scale down to weaker killers.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

How often I play both? I'd say daily then. I usually play at least 3 games on each side as a minimum for a standard to observe.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

About once a month atm. Queue times are just not worth waiting around for.

• Komi
    Komi Member Posts: 364

as equally as the queue times are willing. i lean closer towards killers as they have way more variety in terms of activities however, but nothing beats a good escape

• BeHasU
    BeHasU Member Posts: 830

What are you working if you have 10 hours for gaming, i can barely play 1 hour a day

• Ardjet
    Ardjet Member Posts: 85

I play 50/50. Usually 3 games on each side at a time.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

I did 7 devotions as a killer. Just did my first devotion as a survivor. I would say overall I have been a killer main, didn't play survivor at all.

Now I mainly play survivor about 75% of the time and just do killer enough so I don't lose to much rank and have to play against baby survivors.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I started as a killer main. Then I met some friends and we swf'ed a lot. Out of like 800 hours I have no clue what my ratio is. Maybe 50/50. Friends play other games now and I find playing killer too frustrating so I'm playing other games.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,210

Average Survivor Level: 35 (2 at 50)

Average Killer Level: 40 (2 at 50)

All in all, I mostly play Killer, since I find repairing generators boring and have no friends to play with.

I am, however, a higher rank Survivor than I am Killer, largely in part because I like to have fun as Killer, regardless of my kills, while I actually attempt to try as Survivor, for what reason I don't really know.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

90% Killer, 10% Survivor? That seems about right to me.