Killer queue times

shanks3042
shanks3042 Member Posts: 163
edited October 2019 in General Discussions

As I did'nt play killer really much in the last months I fell back to rank 20.

Is it the rank or did killer queue times become insane? I'm waiting at least 10 min until a lobby is opened and survivors can join. So I don't play killer at all now because I want to play the game and not wait until a lobby is opened.

Am I the only one experiencing this or am I going to stay at rank 20 forever with killer because I don't want to play lobby simulator?

Edit: What do you guys do while waiting for the time to pass?

Comments

• Larisa
    Larisa Member Posts: 176

I usually wait for around 10-15 mins for killer lobbies. That's the reason why I switched to survivors and play killer like once a week at most :(

• shanks3042
    shanks3042 Member Posts: 163

Which rank are you? Does it get better on higher ranks?

• HalftheSky
    HalftheSky Member Posts: 1

Hey there. I am having the same problem, and it's not looking like I'll be playing Killer again.

I returned to the game last Friday after close to a year off and I have been waiting upwards of 25 minutes and I have not been able to get into a game at ALL as killer.

Rank 20 killer, US East.

As survivor I teamed up with friends, so I was able to climb the ranks that way. As killer, no dice.

Friday, waited 10 minutes - nothing.

Saturday - 15 minutes - timed out or got an error.

Sunday - 25 minutes

Last night was 20 minutes - nothing.

Sources on reddit tell me I should be getting in after 10-15 minutes but that is not happening, midwestern players are telling me they have been taking up to 40 minutes. In any case, it's extremely frustrating that half the rift challenges are by default unavailable to play simply I cannot get a game. I do not believe in my case the technical issues that could cause matchmaking issues are a problem either since I am getting games as survivor (now rank 6, might get worse as I ascend further than that though) quite easily or at worst around 5 minutes.

So I'm not really sure what to do at this point. US and EU players are reporting wait times up to 40 minutes on reddit, so if I wait beyond 40 minutes then I know there's a real problem. If the devs could have another free weekend, that might help us level 20 killers, but IDK when that might occur.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

IF you are having hard times getting a match contact the devs via the ticket time with video proof of what you say (would be best) and let them know your location and they may have other questions for you but they possibly could look to why you aren't getting a match quickly.

• just_a_noob
    just_a_noob Member Posts: 247

i had the same issue. i don't usually play killer but decided to get on and grind through my challenges over the weekend that i hadn't even started and i was waiting 10-15 minutes to even get into a lobby. it wasn't even just 1 or 2 games, it was like every game.

• HerbieHind
    HerbieHind Member Posts: 28

20 minutes?! 40 minutes?! Wow... I wouldn't even bother with the game if I had queue times like that. Sorry to those of you who do have to wait that long. That's just ridiculous.

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052

It's a network issue. Don't listen to people saying it's a player count problem. It's always been in DbD and only effects certain people for random amounts of time.

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052

Sometimes turning on a VPN can fix the problem, but it only works about a third of the time for me. This happens to me for about 3 days every month.