We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

getting kinda tired of the same killers in red ranks (Console)

supersonic853
supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,480
edited March 2020 in General Discussions

At least for me these past 20 games has either been ghostface freddy or spirit. (all the rank 1s ive faced are literally freddy). i got 1 billy and honestly id take that because thats funner then these 3.

Comments

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

Whenever I boot up the game I start off with a couple Freddy's then it's Billy till the cows come home. I love Billy but variety is nice too.

• supersonic853

i do i play both sides i guess im one of the rare ones for playing nurse most of the time.

• yandere777
    yandere777 Member Posts: 728

Oof, hope we play then. I'm an oni main

• supersonic853

btw playing another round its a ghostface...

• Deathslinger
    Deathslinger Member Posts: 570

Soon...

• undeadcookie
    undeadcookie Member Posts: 198

Unrelated, but I'm getting tired of seeing constant red ranks as a green rank killer on console. I actually feel like ######### rn.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

I see everybody but Plague, Trapper, Demo, Nurse and Pig

• ZFennecFox
    ZFennecFox Member Posts: 510

Surprisingly I encounter everyone but Clown, Hag, and Trapper. The Plague is almost non existent; last night I played her in Rank 3 and I got heckled by a four man swf I beat saying she's awful. P.S they cleansed like a lot.

• LaBPedro
    LaBPedro Member Posts: 22

Exactly this...it seems that higher ranks are generally more toxic as well, seen to want to annoy the killer so they disconnect. I've had 4 rank 1s in my last game, 3 flashlights, all had DC and BT and all used the same character so it made it impossible to know who was who. Tbagging constantly. It's a shame because all that will happen is nobody will play killer so that will be the end of it

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117

Really? On PS4 I find Red Ranks actually has some pretty good variety.

• Kwikwitted
    Kwikwitted Member Posts: 641

As a rank 1 legion main and I assume one of the few people dumb enough to play him at high ranks I have to assume this was my doing, I apologize. If it was a legion using the dark hoodie backpack ensemble it was definitely me.

• undeadcookie
    undeadcookie Member Posts: 198

Yeah just happened to me again and I've been having a really ######### day and I feel like ######### #########. Decisive Striked at the gates, teabagged, I feel like offing myself.

• Flarefire_Xx
    Flarefire_Xx Member Posts: 353

You have to be green ranks on PS4 to get a variety of killers and then in green rank killer you only get red rank survs

• Chewy102
    Chewy102 Member Posts: 613

Can't say I miss red ranks. Since I stopped playing as much due one thing or another Im stuck in green ranks at the moment simply from not playing more than 1-3 times a week. Just today Survivor perk builds haven't been bad at all, rather varied really. But the toolbox and key spam as been non stop.

Played 5 games today, ALL of them at least 2 toolboxes with a key in half of those games. Green/purple rank Survivors are making an honest attempt at being tryhard today. Thankfully a good chunk of them have been potatoes and Iv been able to do well. But I know sooner or later Im going to be back in red ranks, and I am going to hate it.

Killers need Survivors to make mistakes. If they don't. Then there isn't much the majority of Killers can do but maybe earn some BP before the game ends. It's one reason why I don't play nearly as much. My skill as Killer doesn't mean much in how good I do as Killer. Rather sick of earning 20-25K BP games working my ass off to do well and getting told "do better next time" by the game with a black pip.

• ChickenMcthicken_5
    ChickenMcthicken_5 Member Posts: 68

I play on console currently on rank 4 on survivor and there is actually plenty of variety, and ever since the Ruin nerf theres actually variety in perks to which is such a huge relief XD. Now it's mostly BBQ and Chili or Corrupt Intervention with any other two random perks. I think the slight problem right now is playing as killer. All red ranks are mostly running the same perks. Dead Hard (which I am entirely immune to it. So easy to bait out) DS (unlike many others, I don't have much of a problem with it....yet) and Adrenaline with usually One or even 2 freaking keys in the match. It's fun to absolutely destroy them but it requires a lot of concentration to truly screw their game plan up and a map that doesn't have endless jungle gyms.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    edited March 2020

@Chewy102

Played 5 games today, ALL of them at least 2 toolboxes with a key in half of those games. Green/purple rank Survivors are making an honest attempt at being tryhard today.

This is exactly how most of my Red Rank games are going. Either the Survivors mess up and I take advantage to win, or I don't take advantage/I mess up and lose. Either way the game's outcome is decided in about a minute or two thanks to the fast Toolboxes and the Key guy.

The Survivors themselves are pretty nice folks most of the time (a lot of people who hate Wraith and Legion but otherwise okay); it's just how the game goes.

I blame the up coming toolbox change personally, but who knows.

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617

Killers said underperforming killers needed to be brought up, especially when considering high rank game play.

A bunch of players said balancing for high ranks is stupid, and we should balance for the lower end.

And BHVR said not all killers need to be viable at high ranks.

And this is what you get. Not all killers need to be viable at high ranks, so not all killers show up commonly at high ranks.

Game balance 101

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828

killers get tired of facing dead hard, DS, BT + toolboxes every game too.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

On top of poor killer designs we have a perk grind. Fun fact is devs lock their game features behind a grind wall. I guess, they dont want it to be fun.. Devs designed their game to be boring. I would try a stealth build on unusual killers (for example, Nemesis with Furtive Chase and Monitor & Abuse) and step out of usual designs, but I need to grind the perks first and, for, every, single, killer, lol. Is it worth my time? Likely - not. Back to default playstyle. Enjoy the same killer for 100h and the same boring playstyles. I didnt cared to farm in my first 100h and I care even less to do it after 1000h. And DLCs- Im not forced to buy them. You will wait until a perk that can add fun to the game will show up in the shrine.. if I will care to check it.. and if I will care to save shards to buy it. This is why things will stay boring.

Also, moving too much outside of boring default designs will likely make devs nerf a killer. They nerfed Pigs 28 terror radius (changed it to 32m). Now imagine if I would get it to 8m? Devs would make Piggy the 2nd Huntress with 45m Lullaby (or wider TR).

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

im on ps4, main pig, wraith, and legion. also sometimes play huntress.

hopefully you go against me sometime if youre on ps4 lol

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

I get most of the time billys or huntress's on Pc :/

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

Just derank.

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

I haven't played a freddy in a couple days. Must be your luck.

• supersonic853

Im not one of those ######### who derank to bully killers im fine with staying where i am.

• supersonic853

Nope im not a pro 360 juke survivor lol. So with other killers you win some you lose some. Its just boring facing the same 3 killers over and over. (I blackpip each time so its pretty much for nothing).

• ccactus623
    ccactus623 Member Posts: 214

Freddy Billy and sprit are either easy , strong or both. Personally I play all killers but billy and nurse but most people struggle with the weaker killers. Killers want that 4k and if they dont get it every game they see it as a loss. Both sides need to accept you win lose some times and everyone will have a better time

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

It's more of a mentality issue than a game issue imo.

Most players who reach a set point tend to go out soley to win at all costs so will naturally use what helps grant them that.

Many out there use mid to low tier killers and can do just as well but for some they need the power of these upper tiers to stay where they are.

• Brad462
    Brad462 Member Posts: 3

maybe, just maybe, people would play different killers if the devs would release killers that are actually strong on console... hard to believe ik.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

On PC its Billy, spirit, huntress. Used to be nurse but not many use her anymore after her rework. The big issue is not all killers are strong and every time they try to buff them, survivors scream bloody murder. Seriously survivors. Is trapper being able to rearm his traps without picking them up the end of the world?

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

Hmm. What do you think about taunting harmless m1 killers behind pallets all match long then? Is it not a part of the issue?

• SlavJenko
    SlavJenko Member Posts: 21

Over the past week in resanks I keep getting plagues, pigs, bubbas, and spirits

I havent come across a freddy since Rank resets

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

Bully killers?

I didn't say anything about bullying killers. You said you want variety in what you go against. The only way currently; is to derank where you don't face sweaty Billy's every game..

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
    edited March 2020

The devs said in their stream that "not every killer needs to be top tier viability ... we aim to make a killer that is fun for both sides," (this was back after Freddy's initial release, iirc).

This translates to very little variety at top ranks.

• Ledgy
    Ledgy Member Posts: 18
  • ELECTRIK_VISION
    ELECTRIK_VISION Member Posts: 42

Yeah I only run ds, borrowed and dead hard the last perk I mess around with but those 3 are just needed if the killer plays a bit campy

• Quol
    Quol Member Posts: 694

Does this mean we should have the lower tier killers buffed so they are viable? No let's nerf the over achievers.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

If it's a 4 v 1 game I can't believe they haven't done something to make Survivors overachieving by completing to many gens (1.2) much harder like they did when killers are given an opportunity to Kill a few more when Survivors make mistakes and actually face consequences for it.

I'm excited to torment some deathslingers before I end up ripping my eyes out from having to witness all gens pop in the first 2 mins and have every hook I go to destroyed.

• Eye66
    Eye66 Member Posts: 822

It's because most killers are weak and most of the better one got nerfed to hell, reducing the playable killers further

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

Define buffed. Everyone is using Nebulous terms for killers that you can't be braindead to use.

Fundamental gameplay is already so precarious that any small change can throw off balance. Losing a single survivor can make a game unwinnable.

• ImmortalReaver
    ImmortalReaver Member Posts: 243

You can't blame the players for the viability of the killers.

• Kaiser_Emotion
    Kaiser_Emotion Member Posts: 52

i play alot of killers. i just normally preform worse with some than others and end up not using them for a while.

i also play both sides so note that.

like my level 1 trapper sometimes does better than my level 44 demogorgon

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662

that's because it's so easy to play and rank up as freddy, with no real effort..