Molotov Cocktails

Options
JediWithASniper
JediWithASniper Member Posts: 670

Am I the only person who sees the need for a new item in this game? I mean c’mon. Killers have been getting away with murder here for way too long. It’s high time survivors got into some pyrotechnics, mafia style. Who’s with me??

Comments

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471
    Options

New survivor, Pyro from TF2.

• palotheas
    palotheas Member Posts: 118
    Options

Maybe they can rework clown like freddy, give him a few addons that change his power to Molotov cocktails instead of fart clouds.

• Quol
    Quol Member Posts: 694
    Options

Have Molotov cocktails be a survivor consumable like fire crackers where if you successfully hit the killer he dies.

• Ksoni
    Ksoni Member Posts: 607
    Options

If you want these type of things, then move to Last year.

• JediWithASniper
    Options

Come on guys. We have to stop the serial killers somehow...

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192
    Options

Only if they can be bannana skins. You won't be able to move when it activates while he's chasing you, but you get to watch him slip on his butt and make a clownish parp! sound.

• Flatskull
    Flatskull Member Posts: 332
    edited March 2020
    Options

The game definately needs new items for survivors. Same with new obstacles to put in maps besides pallets.

This be said a bit jokingly but there's nothing wrong with the idea in theory. I mean, keep in mind, these killers are empowered by the entity and the entity can constantly revive the survivors in a new place after they are killed so I can only imagine what punishment all these killers could take. I imagine a molotov cocktail would do nothing to stop these killers.

Although it could be cool to add weapons or new obstacles if they had affects. Like, obviously, a killer hit with a molotov is going to be on fire. Which will make them more visible in dark maps and could maybe reveal their aura in a short radius while the fire lasts.

Although if they are going to do this killers will need some buffs. It would be nice if the blood lust mechanic was reworked to INCREASE when the killers gets stunned or hit or blinded as long as they remain in chase. Especially with the nature of how fast games go and it would make sense a killer would get more angry for blood if they are getting burned, tormented and slapped with pallets.

• JediWithASniper
    Options

I love this idea. Haha! I am half joking about the molotovs, but all this could be done to add new mechanics.

• JediWithASniper
    Options

Absolutely. The killers need the buffs worse than survivors do. But I’d love to see way more interactive maps. Doors you can open and close, booby trapped basements that are bigger and killer specific. I have an idea where the killer could come into the basement which would be way larger, flip a lever, and the door closes. Now you are trapped in their for like 30 seconds, and if he catches you it’s a mori whether he’s got one or not.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    Options

Molotov Cockails for Clown would be amazing. Can burn a Pallet, or a breakable wall, can burn totems to cause harm to survivors, can burn pallets before they drop them, and vault windows.

It'd be a good concept and a great QOL for Clown.

• Flatskull
    Flatskull Member Posts: 332
    Options

Oh.

The basement lever idea is actually pretty good!

Killer spend the whole game unde the pressure of time which is why they don't feel like the power role. EDC could of changed that but because it only activates when the survivors are mostly safe-gates open- and thanks to 99% that is pretty much lost and might as well not exist. It would make sense.

I'd like it if there was door and ######### but you just run through them. They obscure your vision and slow you down slightly but you ain't got to stop and make break them. The biggest problem for killers is that they can't do jack about looping and looping is time killing and since survivors control when the game ends most killers get understandably frustrating that such a simple, boring tactic can both delay the game and make them lose it. Especially with half walls. Breakable walls might help but the devs are going to have to be GENEROUS with them.

The seocnd is pallets suck. Chasing is fun and pallets are just this big...stop...in a chase. Anything that the survivor can just camp at and go "there. I'm safe" shouldn't be so prevelant on the maps. Pallets should still exist but new ######### does need to be added that dosen't straight up stop the chase. We need more jukes and effects that facilitate mind games/speed.