I'm currently pretty much. Surprised.

Options
Heroiq
Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134

I'm surprised. Because people are mad that sabotage changes went live and Hangman's trick got nerfed.

While in the other side. Toolboxes (Repairing) got nerfed hard. Doc got some amazing buffs. Trapper got some amazing QoL improvements. Plague can now actually use her ability.

and most importantly. Breakable walls (and killer shacks).

Comments

• myers_obsession
    myers_obsession Member Posts: 551
    Options

Are the Trapper and Plague changes in the game? I cant find it in the patchnotes

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    edited March 2020
    Options

Well, I also like the changes to doc and plague, but im massively disappointed they did nothing to deathslinger or sabo, deathslinger has a lot of wasted potential and sabo... Well, its horrible, the cooldown should be longer or saboing a hook should take more time.

Also, yes, killer cryout incoming

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,176
    Options

The only thing I am pretty disappointed in is that they nerfed Hangman's trick way too hard. Was really hoping for a new meta perk. We really need more meta perks.

I do also think the sabotage changes are a bit too much, I think it should take 4 seconds to sabotage a hook, but we'll have to see. The buffs to the three killers are great, and having the amount of wiggle progress increased by 25% instead of 33% when dropping survivors is also nice for killer.

Breakable walls will be nice once they arrive to other maps, right now it's hard to count them as a buff to killers. Also, I've read that the nerf to toolboxes isn't really a nerf.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

I only care about Pig, so most of those things are not terribly relevant to me. :P

• Arxaion
    Arxaion Member Posts: 104
    Options

They discussed it in another thread and consensus was that animation fluidity was valued more than trap mechanics. A trap should snap to the survivor's foot instead of a survivor snapping to a trap and making it seem like it was a bad hitbox issue. I don't particularly agree with it, but yeah.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited March 2020
    Options

Because they made the game slightly more playable and better with all those changes, but these sabo changes, and I have not played them yet on live so I can't actually say if this is accurate or not but it is how people feel, that they break the game beyond all reason and render it nigh unplayable for killer and massively frustrating.

Again I need to see for myself on live, it might be totally fine and only need small tweaks or something. If we end up with another sabo disaster like we had ages back, and they didn't revert it, I would probably just uninstall and then never play again.

• pizzamess
    pizzamess Member Posts: 209
    Options

Because none of the problems killers complain about were even looked at besides toolboxes I guess, but of course it comes with caveats for survivor so know people can just sabo in my face safer and easier, Real neat change there that wont be frustrating at all or anything. And the new destructible walls are a good idea but I'll have to wait and see if they actually put them in good places, but I feel they'll just use them slap another band aid on bad map design which wont help on the maps that desperately need to be shortened. And it wont matter on maps with what feels like unlimited pallets, or with ridiculously strong tile spawns that basically just create random infinites for no reason

• Reborn2020
    Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138
    Options

Like having plenty of killers that can break you even if you swf on comms ?

• Reborn2020
    Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138
    Options

You acting like a baby that do not believe in his parents.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

The sabo changes came out of left field. Devs just needed another way for SWF to shaft the killer.

Toolboxes will simply change. Instead of using them on gens, they're going to be used to sabo. Which could be worse than before, since they can deny an entire chase.

I don't know why you consider Trappers WoL changes to be 'amazing.' It'll be nice to not have to worry about the traps breaking, but resetting them? Traps already move when sprung, you're still going to have to pick them up and reset them yourself. Big whoop.

Plague doesn't change her core issues, which the devs, again, ignore. Yes, it gives her one option for her power, but she's still an M1 killer that nobody picks due to her constraints.

I don't see the adjustments to Doc doing much. Nice tweaks, but again, not much.

Breakable walls will be nice, but it's only on the new map. Nobody really knows the new map. Lets hold off judgement for when they added them to the other maps three years from now.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    Options

That'd be janky as ######### if I slid backwards into a trap.

Why do people keep making up these bizarre rules about how traps should work? Trapper should float over them. They should be nailed to the ground. I should be able to chuck them at people. Etc.

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057
    Options

They implemented the feature to allow Trapper to reset traps on the ground without having to pick them up first. Seriously, what's the point of that "feature" if it's completely useless and they have to be picked up anyway because they got moved when the survivor stepped into it? What solution do YOU have to that problem?

Only ones I have are either

A) survivor gets vacuumed into the trap, not the trap under the survivor

B) trap gets vacuumed under the survivor, but the game remembers the trap's original position and it goes back to where it was after the survivor gets released from the trap

But your ideas are welcome, if ours aren't good enough for you.

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188
    Options

Thx not_queen for this wonderful update :) can't wait to try it out:) keep up the great work :D

• Tactless_Ninja
    Options

I liked the 'more trap variety' idea a few people had. He'd be less dependent on beartraps for one. He's a miner with knowledge of explosives. He didn't beartrap the mine to collapse right?

I'd push more for that rather than more crazy beartrap OCD.

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057
    Options

So.. 1 use traps? Or would they be add-ons maybe?

Either way, it's nice and all if they change the way he works to make him more varied than he is now, but it still doesn't change the fact that the new "feature" isn't that great if you have to pick up the traps again to place them back in their proper place.

• smappdooda
    smappdooda Member Posts: 543
    Options

This game is already janky. Survivors vacuum over and towards pallets all the time. Don't hear any of you complaining about that do we?

• ZtarShot
    ZtarShot Member Posts: 838
    Options

Ah yes, I remember seeing that survivor discussion ALL OVER THE FORUMS. All us toxic survivor mains, wow look a t u s.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Options
  • mike4156
    mike4156 Member Posts: 222
    Options

this is all bad for the direction of the game it was fine the way it was before ruin got changed tbh

• smappdooda
    smappdooda Member Posts: 543
    Options

I have seen that happen maybe once in all my time playing.

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662
    Options

survivor mains have stuff to complain about, but they usually just don't complain about small stuff like killers do. killer mains seem to complain about anything they can, and if there's nothing to complain about, they'll make something up. i don't know why, because as a killer main i don't really have much to complain about, everything is pretty much balanced now. but some people still tell themselves that this game is survivor sided, when obviously it's not. but yeah, some people like to see what they want to see, luckily i like to see the truth.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    Options

Agree, I love the Trapper improvement! Its amazing and feels very nice. I hope they will keep doing that with other Killers and I also hope they will do a nice midchapter "rework" like with the Doctor or Freddy with other Killers such as Legion, Leatherface and Clown. Just Leatherface needs a Freddy rework thought the other 2 need some secondary power or main power improvements.

• PokemonGOPlayer
    PokemonGOPlayer Member Posts: 179
    Options

Toolboxes are still strong, Doc didn't need the buff and it probably happened because there's another team behind this change, Plague may finally see some use now and Trapper buff is useless as they cannot code in such way to store the previous position of the trap and reset its position after being untriggered.

They don't want the Survivor to be sucked in so they move the trap and they never reset it; the precise positioning of the trap is less important of how the Survivor feels about it.

Breakable walls are in only one map and are pre dropped pallets that make the loop extra safe until you break them meaning you now have to run Brutal Strenght because you may or may not end up in the new map and you need to break walls there.

Gearheaded got nerfed when it would've seen no play at 45 seconds anyway and Deathslinger, a Killer many called "scuffed Huntress", got no changes whatsoever ignoring tons of feedback over three weeks.

IIRC someone on the team said they were looking into sabo speed as maybe 2.5s was to fast but no, not even that.

I feel like I can call myself disappointed without too much trouble to be honest.

Guess it's another month of Survivor only.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246
    Options

Yes time to rejoice for the people playin gf, nurse, myers cause trapper and plague were buffed! None of the bugs of those killers were fixed, sound neither. But be happy and buy cosmetics will ya?