Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Do you think we should get a skin for reaching rank 1?

Xify
Xify Member Posts: 35

It would make it so much more rewarding each month. It could also stop derankers.

Do you think we should get a skin for reaching rank 1? 49 votes

Yes
32%
Science_GuyCamoRangerTapeKnotDimeklunaticliftertoxicmeggIcewhisperBloodyHatchetnationsdarkpastYourFathernoname11223345DarkHunter99GamekeeperGodotOwlzeyXify 16 votes
No
30%
MandyInjiFibijeanCheersAntiJellyTheRockstarKnightPigsterAhoyWolfSunaIIanuTunnelVisionPigMainClaudetteHazDaBoi[Deleted User]AzgarthusUrbanEvasionGamer 15 votes
Maybe
22%
Seiko300ShamefulKingMegaWafflearslaNPlantCollectorzmassaniFilledPizza[Deleted User]Kazzcreeping_deathletathe 11 votes
Other
14%
HoodiedBoosted_DwightUistreelEnderloganYTthefallenloserPlaquerAwkward_Fiend 7 votes

Comments

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936
    Maybe

Would be pretty cool, even just a recolor would be nice but ranks aren't going to matter soon so there's no point in adding them now.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,936
    No

It's not difficult to reach Rank 1 and no the reward of getting the achievement should be enough.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    No

It would be cool, and I'm not opposed to the idea of rank rewards in general, but unless it's just a recolour of the default outfit or something, I think the amount of work that goes into creating cosmetics is way too disproportionate to how easy it is to reach rank 1.

• HazDaBoi
    HazDaBoi Member Posts: 70
    No

Rank 1 is so easy to get to i dont think its worth it

• YourFather
    YourFather Member Posts: 89
    edited March 2020
    Yes

I suggest full body lightning like this one:

or

Shorts for David

or

Half Naked skin

or

Full Naked skin

or

All of this above, bcs. that way survivors can do funny clothing challenges that are not related to the game.

I mean its already challenging to survive with shirtless david against a good killer.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019
    Other

I'd rather Devotion Rewards

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,276
    Other

Maybe something like double Bloodpoints or double Iridescent Shards instead.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Maybe

Meh, while I think an incentive such as this could be nice it could also bring out the most toxic amount us. Some people will become so sweaty if they don't consistently win they will flame twice as hard as now. Some people will try to troll anyone wanting to rank for skins. Some will simply want to have casual matches yet find themselves thrown against loads of the aforementioned....

I think BHVR needs so fix how rank works before they start doing something like this.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    Maybe

I don't know about getting a full cosmetic for reaching rank 1, I think the pride and the achievement might be enough,

But I will say I'm gonna lose my ######### if BHVR doesn't implement some kind of rewards for raising Devotion level, like BRUH. That level is a true testament to how dedicated a player you are and you should be rewarded for playing that much. I don't know how you should be rewarded or with what but I know it needs to freakin happen

Rewarded with Auric Cells maybe even, since you only raise devotion level a few times it's not like BHVR would be losing all that much (they have so many auric cell exclusive cosmetics). Or if you don't want to be giving out free cells to dedicated players, make a new currency you ONLY ever get when raising devotion level, and this currency could unlock any 1 cosmetic set or something. If neither of those options work, just give a big number of Iridescent shards

Create devotion cosmetic pieces, raise the bloodpoint cap the higher your devotion level, hell even just straight bloodpoints (that's gotta be seriously the most lame option but hey it's something) just anything.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,004
    Yes

Now that we have charms, there's genuinely no excuse for the lack of any ranking rewards. It can't even be remotely difficult to make a simple charm to give away each season.

And I don't see how ranking up not being very hard is a reason not to have any kind of reward either; completing the archive challenges isn't particular difficult either, the point of the reward isn't that you did something hard but to show some appreciation for putting your time and effort into the game.

The lack of any devotion OR ranking rewards is unbelievable, at this point in the game's lifespan.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

These achievements hold no sway over console players... because they don't exist for us.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    No

All that Rank 1 means is basically a devotion of time, rather than a test of actual skill. I got to red, it hated it. Ended up versing the same 3 characters on a loop, with one particular character coming in way more than should be allowed.

Incentive skins or no, I'm not exactly willing to climb back up there again. I'll stick to purple and green. More variety, more fun.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    Other

I agree with a rank rewards but a skin would be too much so something so common.

• Xify
    Yes

Rank 1 imo 100% needs to be way more difficult to get. It is way to easy to reach rank 1. Even reaching rank 1 on killer and survivor is not fun, because like you said, it's the same people again and again.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    No

It's not even the same people, I verse different players, but the SAME. DAMN. CHARACTERS.

I'm on Xbox, so that'll influence the picks here, but Hillbilly is the most common, Myers and GF are pretty common, Trapper mainly for Archives, occasional Freddy who's always tough to go against. You'll get sprinklings of other characters.

• Xify
    Yes

People also play so ######### and rank 1 just to 4k.

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621
    Other

something like extra BP or shards at the end of the season

• Xify
    Yes

I know it's not difficult. I made a post how it should be way harder to hit rank 1, but there is just no reward for getting it. Even if it is easy or not I feel like getting anything would be 100x better then getting nothing.

• Plaquer
    Plaquer Member Posts: 197
    Other

I think a charm would work best, since it isn't killer or survivor specific, so BHVR wouldn't have to spend too much time focused on designing stuff for every killer and survivor.