The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I've had it with Ghost-face

You CANNOT reveal him consistently. PERIOD. I have seen my girlfriend flashlight blind ghost-face at a pallet without revealing him. I had one today cloak up behind the pallet I just threw, leaned from behind the box it was leaning on, and got me exposed before I could reveal him. I get exposed while looping him constantly. He is SUPPOSED to be stealthy. That is not how his power works right now. I've made suggestions and posts about it and I have heard nothing giving me any indication that he will be addressed soon or at all. In protest I will be suiciding on hook or just out right dcing every ghost-face game until something changes. I am DONE.

Comments

• Huntar
    Huntar Member Posts: 848

Leaning means that you can't reveal him unless you're behind him. Please learn how he works, and you'll have a much better time.

• PokemonGOPlayer
    PokemonGOPlayer Member Posts: 179

Damn right, I stopped playing Ghostface because people could reveal me through walls, I hope he will get fixed soon too.

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662

i know, i expose people a lot when they're looking straight at me. but on the other hand, sometimes i get revealed behind walls and stuff, it's weird

• OperationMintyHippo
    OperationMintyHippo Member Posts: 406
    edited March 2020

I kms on hook when I go against them as well lol. Only if the game says I don't see him while I'm literally staring him face to face. Like do I need to lick his booty hole before the game knows I see him or???

I must also add that sometime it reveal them when I literally don't even know where they are.

Regardless, he needs a major fix on both sides.

• Huntar

What you probably need to do is back up, actually. If you're too close, too much of his model is outside of the detection zone. And honestly, if you see him in a place that isn't open, just start running. You'll get a much better chance of not being exposed if you try to reveal him during a chase. Either that, or he loses distance each time he tries to stalk you, unless you were already pocketed before that. In which case... Well, you got outplayed.

• Tru3_Chemistry
    Tru3_Chemistry Member Posts: 35

That isn't even remotely true. I have no idea where you got that information. Revealing him requires you to see 20% of his body and face in the center-most part of your screen.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

GF is simply a buggy killer.

• OperationMintyHippo
    OperationMintyHippo Member Posts: 406

I hardly call it an outplay when I do your suggested "just run away" and he 99s me and then moves on. Like I know I'm 99 so he has to do literally nothing the next time he sees me. He can "stealth" in my face and expose me before I can reveal him lol. What a skilled outplay. I can surely combat that one. If he doesn't get me to busted mechanics now, he will get it soon enough.

Again, the mechanics still need fixed for both sides.

• Huntar

And if you're viewing him from any angle but the other side of the obstruction, his sweet little head isn't quite 20% of his body, is it?

• ThisLadyRightHere
    ThisLadyRightHere Member Posts: 195

I main ghostface and the reveal mechanic is just downright weird.

I can be standing be 2 meter from a survivor and still get the stalk off, but when I’m literally hiding behind objects like trees, rocks, in the grass, walls I get instantly revealed like really :/

• Tru3_Chemistry

Sorry, I mistyped one word. You need to see 20% of his head OR body. I did reveal him when he was leaning, from the front. It just was so finicky and took so long that he was able to expose me first. It's just demoralizing to play against. The GF isn't outplaying me, I see him, but game won't register that I do.

• Tru3_Chemistry

The latest time it happened to me was right after I stunned him in a safe loop. Instead of breaking the pallet, he went behind the box the pallet was resting on, stealthed up, and leaned out right in front of me. At the time, I'm thinking "why would you even try that, I'll just reveal you right away". I stared right at him but the reveal progress kept getting reset by him side stepping back and forth. Then he exposed me right before I finally got the reveal and bloodlusted me around the safe pallet. At the very least his expose meter should get paused while someone is revealing him.

• OrangeJack
    OrangeJack Member Posts: 464
    edited March 2020

I've played GF and the reveal mechanic is broken on both ends imo. He's still an m1 killer tho and keep in mind stalking slows him down. Sometimes survivors will get so invested in revealing me that they make stupid plays.

• Tru3_Chemistry

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see him nerfed or anything. I just want the mechanic to work better. If I see the GF, revealing him shouldn't be incredibly difficult. I think the first step in the right direction would be to pause any stalking progress while the GF is being revealed (ie a survivor actively hearing the reveal sound que). I think that would reduce the "bs" exposes substantially without taking anything from his kit when used correctly. They could also revisit what it takes to start a reveal to hopefully combat him getting revealed through walls and other bs on both sides.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

...this isn't news to anyone and everyone has the same issues lmao. He's very buggy and will continue to be buggy for a long time, possibly forever. I'd rather other killers be fixed first though. Myers has been broken since dedicated servers have come out, and I'd rather he be fixed first than GhostFace. His entire power needs a rework because it's such a dumb mechanic to begin with.