Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Should the Hitbox for Deathslinger’s Harpoon Be a Bit Larger?

RockoRango
RockoRango Member Posts: 554
edited March 2020 in General Discussions

Discuss.

I personally believe the harpoon’s hitbox shouldn’t be the size of a tic-tac, but neither should it be the size of Huntress’s hatchets.

Post edited by RockoRango on

Comments

• Maníaco_da_garrafa
    Maníaco_da_garrafa Member Posts: 144

No.

The wind-up is very short and the projectile is very fast, you need to constantly look back and mess up your pathing for any kind of feedback when trying to juke.

• RobMeister88
    RobMeister88 Member Posts: 351

Imo all he needs is to have 115% ms and the ability to pull people over downed pallets and windows, then he can easily be B tier and not someone that's essentially the illegitimate child of Legion and Huntress, because at the moment, that's how his mechanics feel like.

• RockoRango

I don't think being able to pull over pallets would be a very fair power, since it makes pallets totally useless against him unless they have high walls or the loop is not linear enough to pull just from looping. Even then, bloodlust is a thing that exists sometimes

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

Even with Bloodlust on a pallet loop, your chances of catching a survivor before vaulting are slim at best. You can get lucky and quick shot but most times it seems to let them vault before it even registers that they got hit with the harpoon. I don't see the issue with allowing him to drag someone over a pallet. It's not like it would make him OP in anyway and it would discourage survivors from abusing pallets around him.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

It does seem small. But I need to see more of him before I can say for sure.

• RockoRango
    edited March 2020

Because it would make pallets useless.

I'm pretty sure survivors being able to interact with a pallet when they've already been hit is a latency bug, but even if there's no reason solution to that there are many ways to trick survivors at pallets:

1. You can aim, and they'll try to juke while you advance on them without shooting.
    2. You can hit them while they are trying to loop the pallet. Thought it can be tricky, it is possible.
    3. You can hit survivors on the other side of a short loop, and then walk around while they are chained to get a free hit.
    4. You can hit survivors through objects in loops (like some in the estate), forcing them to either crouch or be hit before they can complete the loop.

Having that skill-barrier makes it fun for both sides to try to trick the other into getting harpooned, or getting a free hit due to their fear of being harpooned. We should all wait a few weeks before asking for any real changes, but I've seen my harpoon go through survivors because the hitbox is just a tad too small (if you hit their side, it sometimes doesn't register from my experience).

• RockoRango

I see your point, but Nurse is a whole different discussion tbh. The difference between pulling someone over a pallet and huntress hitting a survivor on the other side of a pallet is that the hatchet can be juked, baited, or dead hard'ed. As well as this, the survivor STILL stays on the other side of that pallet, and they can still loop it if they get hit (assuming they're healthy). There wouldn't be much of a counter to being able to pull someone over a pallet right after they pulled it down on the other side, and it also makes it pointless to try to loop him.

• Huntar
    Huntar Member Posts: 848

He can hit people through windows without issue when they're chained.

• RockoRango

oof

Either way though, I think he just needs some love in the QoL category. For example... 3 seconds to reload, and slow movement speed on top of 110% already. Like, really? I can get behind a reload half that speed and add-ons that don't increase it as much as it does now, but 3 seconds and slower speed is baaad. It more than anything makes me want to hesitate before shooting, because I'm afraid of having to go through that ridiculous reload speed again.

• burntFuse
    burntFuse Member Posts: 290

Bigger hitboxes mean more collisions with obstacles. I'll take a higher accuracy requirement if it means less shots wasted for being too close to a shrubbery.

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118

No. The hit box for his harpoon gun is near perfect. It's a small projectile, course it will be small.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    edited March 2020

The 115% speed discussion is old, it's not needed.

If you've faced him at high ranks, high purple and Red Rank you'll see he's terrifying.

There is no need to buff his speed.

And stop asking for changes to hitboxes, servers are messed up as they are and hits are being registered when they shouldn't.

• RockoRango
    edited March 2020

Don't imply that I haven't faced him in high ranks, and neither should that matter. If it calms your nerves, I'm rank 1.

I don't think he needs a speed buff, he needs a decreased base reload time. 3 seconds of reduced speed when you're already 110% is hard, and especially after you've already missed a shot. By that time, a survivor is going to be far away enough that he is behind an object and cannot be harpooned.

You can tell someone what to do on the internet, but it doesn't mean someone will do it. The discussion was made to discuss, and so here we are; if you have a problem with that, it's your own issue.

The harpoon is a small projectile and should have a small hitbox, I get that, but it shouldn't be the case that latency will keep a killer from getting a hit he deserved because someone has a ping above 100. I'm sure a lot of people have been playing him recently, and have gotten shots that go through the survivor because there is a disconnect between the killer's screen and what's being registered. This is why it would be better to make the hitbox of a harpoon on a survivor should be slightly larger; not large enough to make a big difference, but large enough so that if someone has a high ping their 'real' position will still be inside the harpoon hitbox and, therefore, register as a hit.

• Th3Nightmare
    Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,266
    edited March 2020

No. The projectile speed was nerf on the ptb before its official launch .. sooo he needs some buff, not nerf he is 110% ...

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

I think it's the survivor hitboxes more than the killer's harpoon... and on that, the way the harpoon sometimes spawns in weird spots before firing.

• Maníaco_da_garrafa
    Maníaco_da_garrafa Member Posts: 144

It's still too fast.

I'm not saying he's balanced, i'm saying making the hitbox larger so scrubs can get easier shots is the wrong way of buffing this killer.

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416

I love tic tac.. But yea i think the size should be increased by more than just one tic tac. :c Sometimes it just feels like the shots go through the survivors.