The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Aura reading

In my opinion, we have too many aura reading perks. There's tons of them for Killers, for almost every occasion now. There's multiple perks to see survivors and gens being worked on. I know those perks are not being used all at once, but it's impossible to be ready for all the different possibilities as a survivor. I don't know, it Just seems more and more pointless playing stealthy and I really hope they slow down with the Aura Reading perks in the future.

Comments

• inferjus
    inferjus Member Posts: 479

Just use lockers if you think killer can see you or stay stealthy and do not perform any actions that could notify killer of your presence.

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897
    edited March 2020

One of my META is Distortion. It gives the exact data you need to know when a killer can see your aura, and than you can act to avoid it after the 3 stacks are gonne. And this is the most use of this perk, not the stacks, but the data it gives you so you can avoid having your aura readed by a perk or an addon, saving your time and keeping you more stealthy.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

They also did add in that aura reading prevention perk from Zarina with this patch. On top of that you can use distortion to try to guess which perks they have, or maybe even sole survivor to try to prevent aura reading on you. On top of what the other guy said about lockers. Or hiding behind gens for BBQ. I can think of several ways aura perks can get screwed.

• NeonAlien
    NeonAlien Member Posts: 328

But playing stealthy is kind of pointless with the ammount of Aura Reading perks a Killer can possibly have, that's what I meant. I use lockers for bbq but what about the other Aura perks?

You gotta do gens though, so not doing anything that could notify the killer won't help you in the end. Especially with the Rank 20's you're getting teamed up with ATM.

@Oicimau

I'm gonna try distortion, but I'd rather use other perks to be honest. But maybe I'll enjoy it, who knows?

• NeonAlien
    NeonAlien Member Posts: 328

I think what bothers me the most ist that the Aura Reading ist tied to gens a lot, and when you got teammates who don't help a lot with Gens, you're getting targeted even more than usually. But those are all good Tips, thank u

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

The aura reading went overboard with the new totem perk. I have seen a worse gen rush since the killer came out. Nobody is doing totems for fear of having their aura revealed for a rediculous time frame.

This was my concern when we read the perk originally. What we need is a perk that protects totems instead of punishing survivors. Something like Corrupt Intervention for totems.

Survivors have little incentive to do anything but gens at this time. That makes gen times an even bigger issue.

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897

If the surv cleanse a dull totem, he will get Oblivion. Only if its a hex totem than there will be aura reading.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

I understand that. The aura reading is still overboard. I had enough time to watch someone run all the way across the map and start healing with others. That is nuts! 10 seconds is way too much.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

I'll agree the diversity in aura reading perks is a little bit bland. And you're welcome. Nothing you can do about the survivors not doing gens unfortunately, it's just something that comes with trolls and unskilled/new players :L