Mori's don't need a nerf

Options
Hamburger
Hamburger Member Posts: 28
edited March 2020 in General Discussions

I scout the forums and see alot of people who want to nerf or rework Mori's. And I'm not gonna lie i was one of those people. I was a surivivor main. But as soon as i started playing Spirit and hit rank 10. IVE LITERALLY HAD 3 GAMES BACK TO BACK WITH 2 PURPLES AND 2 REDS. And I didn't equip a mori for the first two and got my Bottom handed to me. However once I equipped a Ebony Mori, I got a 4k. I think until they fix the ranking system. Mori's are a must for us new killers that are put against these unfair situations.

Let me reiterate my statement. I personally believe that, until your matched with opponents that are around your skill level so it can balance out and be more fair for both sides. Killers could use mori's as a sorta training wheels. Until we ( BB killers) work out the kinks. I beileve its fair that, if placed against unfair one sided opponents we could use mori's. And I get it. Im a red rank survivor for Christ sake, so i get Mori's are annoying as hell, And is unbalanced. But since again the matchmaking is unfair as hell. Especially for us bad killers, I personally think that BB killers could use mori's as a way to balance it out towards the more experience red rank sweats.

Btw side note: as a survivor I ran into a bb killer as a red rank, so I have been on both sides on the receiving end.

Post edited by Hamburger on

Comments

• OtakuFreak
    OtakuFreak Member Posts: 206
    Options

They shouldn't touch them until other core issues regarding killers have been fixed (map design, weak killers). Sounds rough, but the truth is that some killers even with a mori struggle against optimal survivors.

• Hamburger
    Options

Yeah,I do hope they fix it. I ain't gonna lie on the second one I was sooo close to dc'ing but didn't want to give them the satisfaction. So i ate it.

• Auron471
    Auron471 Member Posts: 1,310
    edited March 2020
    Options

its more like 33-50% reduction, since you still need to down them twice. You just dont need to carry them to the hook the second time you down them. But yeah, hyper nerf keys and mori offerings. Dont let keys open hatch, and make moris be at death hook. Moris should be like fatalities in Mortal Kombat

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159
    Options
  • Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578
    Options

Only the Ebony Mori should be reworked because it can be used on everyone and it's a big gamechanger. Killers should have to hook a survivor twice before they can use it.

• memiieko
    memiieko Member Posts: 187
    Options

I think both Moris and Keys sooo much. Both should be nerfed

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816
    Options

Yes they do.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994
    Options

TBH, Moris don’t have a place in the game, and should completely be removed, including Tombstone. Keys can be reworked to ONLY allow the reopening of the hatch, or to be used after ALL of the gens have been completed. You can’t balance a game while either of these mechanisms exist in the game as they currently do.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

Mori's definitely need a nerf. So do keys. Every time I see a hidden killer offering, I'm tempted to just leave the game immediately because I know what's coming next: As soon as someone goes down, they get tunneled, and Mori'd seconds after being unhooked (maybe a little longer if someone has borrowed time). That's all I've ever seen killers who use Ebony's do. Tunnel someone straight off the hook and Mori them. Not my definition of fun.

• Kwikwitted
    Kwikwitted Member Posts: 641
    Options

I could give up Mori's if survivors give up keys in a heartbeat, not gonna lie.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    Options

Given the speed of gens they could make mori's just base kit and it would be fine haha.

I started running mori's because I'm tired of being bullied and dealing with the insane speed gens are done; and everyone having WAY WAY WAY more experience than me in my match- the result has been my games are MUCH closer, more intense, and far less bullying because there is heavier risk to that type of behavior.

(This post is going to trigger so many people into flaming me but it's an observable truth for me; call me bad I don't disagree but the fact is I am playing only against people who are better than me like almost every game- so yeah it evens things out a lot more)

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

Imo IDC about mori's.

From my survivor POV it's a challenge that I thrive on, simply because it excites my blood knowing that I have 2 less lives which makes it more intense and if I escape through the exit gates it feels rewarding.

From my killer POV mori's have already been nerfed and they are fine. It just might be my entitled side talking but I mostly use mori's vs swf so I can take out the strongest survivors and watch the other crumble from stress

• Hamburger
    Options

I get what your saying. And yeah I do need more training. I really do. It's just that, how can I train, when im put against people that are too good for me. And the only way for me to even atleast try to kill is using a mori. I know I need more experience. And the harder the challnges the better you become,but when it's so one sided where two of them are red and have comms( my second game), and just giving you the work of your life, shouldn't I be able to rely on a mori for the time being? So once I can get better and be able to handle the Red rank sweats I don't have to put a mori

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879
    Options

That the thing with that idea if a killer need to hook a survivor 2 time before he is able to mori this cant be good i will just hook the survivor a third time and save myself the mori animation and 7k bp.

If i tell you all the survivor need to be hook 2 time before you can use your key are you still gonna use it i dont think you will do because i know for me i will never bring them

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    Options

Moris are being used as training wheels causing players to remain horrible at the game by just going for the easiest route to get kills.

Mori games are not to be taken srsly if the mori user has basic game knowledge.

For survivors the game is a L because you don't have to ability to fend the killer off because we don't have the ability to prepare for the game.

I definitely feel like it is two different game modes. It's easy to understand why someone refuses to play it out. And when survivors refuse the team suffers more. And it's just boring and draining.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

But people can only learn if they are not completly outmatched, because otherwise they cant even realize their mistakes. There was a time some months ago, where matchmaking actually worked, and i got a lot of matches in my skilllevel. At some i had 4k, on some all survivors left, and most had 1-3 kills. But the point was that i was never just outmatched, i could win or lose mindgames and chases sometimes.

And from those matches i learned a lot more than from the matches where 3 redranks teamed up with a rank 15 just stomped me.

The argument is always just to learn, but a lot of people dont understand that you can only learn if you are not overburdend (or overcharged? dont know, not a native speaker).

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578
    Options

The key can only be used after the survivors repair the required number of gens and there's no guarantee that it would get to that point, whereas the killer hooks someone then hits them with Mori and all of a sudden, the momentum has changed in a matter of moments. I think requiring 2 hooks for Ebony Mori creates the balance against the key. I should also say that I've seen more Mori's brought in than keys though. Again, I'm fine with the Ivory Mori being what it is, but that Ebony should be reworked.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159
    Options

They are still live, so go for it. The main problem is the matchmaking, if that is fixed, there's no problem anymore. :)

• Hamburger
    edited March 2020
    Options

I'm new to killer. Going against red ranks, when im just a green.

Post edited by Gcarrara on
  • LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    Options

Double standards at its best.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

i would disagree here.

imo they should be nerfed (nerfed, not made utterly useless as many suggest), though they should NOT touch them before they touch keys.

such a nerf should - imo - be a rework to the requirements that need to be fullfilled in order to kill someone, something like "when all 4 survivors have been hooked once" or maybe "gain a token each time a gen is repaired" or something like that.

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620
    Options
  • Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,642
    Options

Ivory Mori is a Gamechanger as well. You should not underestimate the amount of pressure which is dealt when one Survivor (=25% of the Team) is dead early in the game.

An Ivory Mori can turn the game into the Killers favor as easy as an Ebony Mori.

• TinyMoon3
    TinyMoon3 Member Posts: 45
    Options

That's why theres more than 1 Mori item. Besides, the Ebony is much more rare to get in the blood web. None of my killers have gotten the Ebony Mori to appear. Just the Cypress Memento Mori. Ebony let's you kill all, while Cypress let's you kill the 1 remaining survivor. Mori does not need to be reworked.

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879
    Options

There are no guarenti a killer can hook anyone in the game of all survivor are god at looping, on comm and know how to do gen im sure the killer wont have many hook in that kind of game

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

As someone who plays killer a lot I don't like to use moris as I find them unfair, the only time I do is if I am doing the 'kill all survivors' challenge.

I honestly think moris should be on last hook phase only. Also, and this may be controversial, that they should deactivate for a short while if you have camped the hooked survivor for a certain amount of time.