The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

expensive costumes

sahidoaisow
sahidoaisow Member Posts: 11
edited March 2020 in General Discussions

what are people's thoughts on the pricing system of cosmetics for characters? most of them cost more than actual characters...

Post edited by sahidoaisow on

Comments

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651

It seems really expensive to me as well, but apparently many people have no problem with it. Some people on these forums admitted that they have spent over $200 on skins.

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681

Anyone happen to know how expensive Nancy's red top is? I like.

• deollie
    deollie Member Posts: 168

I spent $10 on an outfit that used to be new and now it's like $7.50-$6.50 or something. Idk if I consider it unfair because it's obviously older now, but $10 is too much for one outfit in my opinion 🤷 Just wait for the price to go down I guess 🤔

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

@kcwolf1975

I spended probably over 500€.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

Agree, since we get every few weeks new cosmetics I would like to get some more shards overall to compensate that huge amount of skins right now.

• ZFennecFox
    ZFennecFox Member Posts: 510

I think a while back sometime around Freddy's release the Devs said something about making it expensive so people buy it over time instead of dropping a wad on it right away.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

The current pricing system is working, which is why it hasn't changed.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

That's not unusual. In most games which have paid characters and paid cosmetics on top of that, the cosmetics cost a lot more than the characters themselves. In League, for example, even the cheapest skins will regularly cost 1.5-2x as much as the champion themselves, and often even more than that.

• sahidoaisow
    sahidoaisow Member Posts: 11

i never said it was a problem, i was just wondering people's thoughts on the costume pricing/ why costumes are more expensive than actual characters.