should ban penalties be reduced to a 20 minute limit ?

Options
batmanscar
batmanscar Member Posts: 466

ban times are clearly unfair so cast your vote on if you think they should be changed

should ban penalties be reduced to a 20 minute limit ? 49 votes

yes , sometimes I get bored of always playing as the same survivor/killer and want to switch , or playing the same level multiple times and I want to d.c , and I should be able to do that since I payed for the game , it's chapters and cosmetics and 20 minutes is enough for a waiting penalty if I want to d.c from a game
16%
pootis_BearalaenyiatoxicmeggOshicornbreadeater[Deleted User]MutaTirsatShin_Vertigo 8 votes
no , players are not allowed to leave a game and should be forced to stay in it even if they are not having fun , even if they purchased the game and d.l.c and cosmetics and generously supported BHVR , they should still get frustrated and annoyed because they deserve not having fun since I decided to complain about a player d.c'ing in my game and I have no life so I need to annoy everyone else and beg BHVR to make unfair d.c penalties for people who suppoert them
73%
MandyGibberishSeiko300AlonzoJnnsMuFibijeanCrtKazzPeasantCheersVolantConch1719Jacoby2041xmenfanaticFirepaul19TheRockstarKnightHoodied_HSboom04_GrootDudeWalker_of_the_fog_96AwakeyAvilgus 36 votes
no but if you have a penalty time out as killer you should be able to play survivor or vice versa since you bought the game and you should have that right
10%
Timtom24FichteHiroPurgatorian[Deleted User]Kagari_Leha 5 votes

Comments

• then4321
    then4321 Member Posts: 234
    Options

I didn't know it went higher than 20 min until I read this post. I've only dced once for two reasons:

1) To give the other survivor hatch, because I was slugged.

2) Just out of curiosity to see how long the first penalty was.

• Larikal
    Larikal Member Posts: 54
    Options
    no , players are not allowed to leave a game and should be forced to stay in it even if they are not having fun , even if they purchased the game and d.l.c and cosmetics and generously supported BHVR , they should still get frustrated and annoyed because they deserve not having fun since I decided to complain about a player d.c'ing in my game and I have no life so I need to annoy everyone else and beg BHVR to make unfair d.c penalties for people who suppoert them

The point is : sure, you bought the game and should have right to play it. But remember - others ALSO bought it. And also should have right to play it. And its hard when one their team just dc at start :P

• JnnsMu
    JnnsMu Member Posts: 249
    Options

Having bought the game doesn't mean you get to ruin it for 4 other people everytime you decide you're not having fun.

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621
    Options

hmmmmmm, I sense a strong bias

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    Options

I really hope this is a joke, and I don't like that I honestly can't tell.

Pretty funny either way.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    Options

Neither of the three options. Honestly, the game should just recognize the difference between losing connection and rage-quitting

• Hecking_Idiot
    Hecking_Idiot Member Posts: 15
    Options

If you do something ban-able then you get the ban punishment. End of story. Play by rules or don’t play at all, it’s really that simple. If DC is a ban-able offense the its against the rules. Another thing, if you only DC when you have a rare disconnection because of problems with your device then I can guarantee you will NEVER earn a ban of 20 minutes.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited March 2020
    Options

LMFAO I like how more than 70% (currently) of people who responded to the poll chose the option you clearly didn't want people selecting by using language like "I have no life so I need to annoy everyone else"

Get ######### on buddy. The more people introduce these biased polls the more I relish in disappointing them by selecting the answer that they don't want to hear but is still ######### right. If you DC too many times, serves you right for getting a penalty, if you get heated playing the game take a break and play Civ 6 or something lol

(only real gamers will recognize that reference)

• Shin_Vertigo
    Shin_Vertigo Member Posts: 10
    Options
    yes , sometimes I get bored of always playing as the same survivor/killer and want to switch , or playing the same level multiple times and I want to d.c , and I should be able to do that since I payed for the game , it's chapters and cosmetics and 20 minutes is enough for a waiting penalty if I want to d.c from a game

It is annoying that the game devs don't seem to know what they want or do what they want. If they want people not to tunnel or camp, which is something in the game, they should manually take it out. Make perks that deal with those things game mechanics. Same thing goes for DC in my opinion. Why is there even an option to disconnect if you get punished for doing it regardless of the circumstances. I could dc on death hook and get the same penalty as somebody who dcs at the start of a match. DC penalty itself is fine, but I feel it needs reworked and not just reinstated like they did.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,002
    Options

Bruh, just have Yes or No without an explanation that is so biased

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,055
    Options

My dude is upset.

No, DC penalties should not be reduced.

If anything, DC penalties should be massively increased.

if you arent going to play the game, then dont queue up.

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 650
    Options

I don't think there should be a DC penalty of any kind. The first comment "If believing that players don't have the right to selfishly do whatever they want when they want at others' expense like spoiled children" is asserting that this is people who DC. But in reality that is what we have now that the DC penalty is in place. Every game now is just camp, tunnel, slug...rinse and repeat because the killers are confident that you will not leave no matter how bad it is to avoid being penalized. It is worse and more toxic than it ever was before this ridiculous ban. I was as annoyed at the next guy over people DCing 10 seconds in because they didn't like the killer or map or what have you. But if you have run a good game and you aren't having fun due to overtly toxic behavior you should have the option to leave. No other large multi-player game that I know of traps people in with a$$*oles and then further victimizes them if they choose not to put up with it.