Anyone else getting connected to high ping Servers?

Aven_Fallen
Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,089
edited March 2020 in General Discussions

Hello,

since a few minutes I get connected to Servers which have way higher ping than usual. Usually I have around 35 ping, but since a few minutes my ping varies from 133 to 290. I get anything in between those two numbers, most of them are around 200 Ping.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Steam, Germany

Comments

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984

Are you playing survivor and how are your queues? They might be expanding the regional limiters in order to reduce queue times

• Aven_Fallen

Yes, Survivor and Queues are really fast. But this is the usual case around this time of the day.

If they expanding the regional limiters, they should first learn that 150 Ping is not "pretty good ping". Let alone 290.

• Atchoo
    Atchoo Member Posts: 326

Same, 8/10 lobbies have a yellow or even a red ping. Something is wrong rn.

• Kurrmiu
    Kurrmiu Member Posts: 23
    edited March 2020

I'm experiencing the same since the new patch. Most lobbies are at least yellow ping (around 150) or worse.

edit: EU, steam

• Aven_Fallen

I only have it since a few minutes.

And even the other 3 Survivors in my Lobby had a similar ping, we played that Lobby with ~300 Ping and it was not as funny as someone might think. But its not like I was at a wrong Server, the other Survivors and also the Killer (who was from Austria, so I doubt that his Ping was any better) were also on high Ping.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Yes, been watching some streamers today and many have high ping. I watched a U.K. streamer that found he had 3 NA players in his lobby. Something is up with the servers.

• Aven_Fallen

Just wanted to mention, it is happening again for me.

This time as Killer, first game of the day was with Green Ping, the 4 Lobbies afterwards I got had yellow Ping (1 time) and Red Ping (3 times), with 230 up to 300 Ping.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

Yep just now, constandly 200 - 300 ping, im from Europe, dodging lobbie but cosntandly the same.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

I'm in western europe too and i get connected to high ping servers too. Playing mostly killer rn.

• myersismydaddy
    myersismydaddy Member Posts: 232

Same thing is happening to me too, again. EU here as well.

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772

I also get high ping servers as Killer

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,878

I play mostly Survivor and get decent ping lobbies, but I'm on Xbox and our dedicated servers are disabled so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Northeast USA btw.

• DontFaceCamp
    DontFaceCamp Member Posts: 18

Same for me the first 3-4 games have been 135-200ping lol. idk why im connecting to different servers. maybe its to reduce queue times but i would rather wait 30 extra seconds to find a game in my region lol

• Nova_Terra
    Nova_Terra Member Posts: 123

Yes! completely.