Uhhh, why did you nerf Inner Strength?

Options
WRussoW
WRussoW Member Posts: 715
edited March 2020 in General Discussions

Before the patch the time started once a survivor started going into a locker. Now it only starts once you're fully in it. The perk wasn't that strong...

Comments

• RobMeister88
    RobMeister88 Member Posts: 351
    Options

I hear Deja Vu is the next SS tier perk to be put on the chopping block.

• re5_gamer2263
    re5_gamer2263 Member Posts: 53
    Options

That's a dumb argument. Not only does cleansing remove the chance for noed but it removes that healing penalties that perks inflict. Lockers are common. The coulrophobia argument is invalid because not every killer has a small terror radius when they run it. And being able to heal in a mend-snap out of it situation is busted.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,001
    Options

Its the truth however, you get 5 heals max with it and it can take a while to actually heal as you need to cleanse a totem then get into a locker, you are taking longer to heal with inner strength than medkit or selfcare, also if it removes the chance for NoEd then the perk is literally doing its job

Lockers are common on some maps, I've literally went hunting for a locker before cause I couldn't find one before

And Coulrophobia only works on Big TR killers, which requires you to literally have a loadout that consists of having a big TR to slow down healing, I have never seen any killer use this in the Red Ranks, I have seen it ONCE the entire time I have played this game, and it wasn't even on a clown.

The mend-snap situation is actually intended I believe.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    Options

Good survivors need only 1-2 heals. I play with medkit and 32 charges are enough for me.

• Hsizzle
    Hsizzle Member Posts: 74
    Options

its limited to the totems available. if youre being chased alot you wont get too many chances to get totems assuming your team doesnt take any themselves. its balanced

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578
    Options

Really?? Nitpicking much?

• OtakuFreak
    OtakuFreak Member Posts: 206
    Options

It would start as you were opening the door, which contradicts the power of the perk where you start healing INSIDE the locker. It is hardly a nerf and will not make a single bit of difference in 99.99% of your games as a survivor.

Really just complaining about absolutely nothing.

• WRussoW
    Options

It's definitely more when one second, it's closer to 2 additional seconds when you enter a locker slowly. In a heat of certain moments it can be noticable, like when you need to be immediately healed up because you need to bodyblock. So it's a nerf, I got games where few seconds mattered, you know?

• WRussoW
    Options
  • Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    edited March 2020
    Options

Seriously. If you count totem searching + cleansing, locker searching and everything together, 2 seconds don't weigh that heavy.

By the way it also counters Oni power, Oni gloves addon (he doesn't see you while healing anymore) and Unnerviong Presence and Huntress' Lullaby.

Even if you don't wanna hear it, it is the strongest healing perk. Limited to 5 per game? How often do you selfcare a game? Seriously wasting MORE time than 2.5 minutes because you get injured that often without being hooked? 2-3 heals is average, even 2 survivors running it can make good value of it.

And from a Legion view: let's not talk about nerfs, let's talk about consistency. Head On also starts the counter once you are fully inside the locker, not already while entering it.

This is really not a "nerf" to get mad about

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583
    Options

To better bolster your argument:

Yes, it can be very quick in terms of just straight healing. Admit that. Inner Strength activates and stays activated until you get into a locker and heal yourself. You can be at full health, start a match, get a totem, and then when you get hit or get off the hook, find a locker, and heal yourself faster and more secure than any teammate or self care could ever get you.

But that's the kicker, you still have to find the damn totem, which on some maps is much easier said that done. Against some killers, is much easier said than done. And in all that, you still have to survive, it's not going to heal you immediately, and escaping a chase isn't the easiest thing to do.

It is a very very strong perk, but it comes with the caveat that you have to prep for it if you want to get the most out of it. If you're on the hook and you don't already have a totem down, you're not using the perk right. It's supposed to be in your pocket, not on the shelf. And sometimes totems are just the worst to find. You could know a map inside and out and sometimes those damn totems just won't spawn where you're used to them spawning.

And that's the downside to the perk. Is that you actually have to go out of your way to find a totem, you can't just come across one on the way to a generator, because if you don't have that perk on when you get caught, you're gonna put yourself in a worse position when you get hit or hooked.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

To be fair it says while hiding in the locker. Pretty sure when you're going inside it you're not yet hiding.

• OtakuFreak
    OtakuFreak Member Posts: 206
    Options

Imagine being able to use deliverance as the killer is slamming you half-way on the hook.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

That doesn't seem like a big deal, it was probably to make it sync with the animation.

• Teshie
    Teshie Member Posts: 19
    Options

If the Killer is in a chase anyways, you could also just fast enter a locker because it doesn't really matter then. I usually only see Inner Strength players with Quick & Quiet and Head on. I mean IS counters so many Killer perks so this one second or maybe(which im not even sure about) 2 secs are just fair.

• drimmalor
    drimmalor Member Posts: 909
    Options

It was always inconsistent with the other perk like it - Head On. Head On waited until you were fully in the locker, while Inner Strength started when you began entering. Consistency with these kinds of perks is key for people to understand and expect exactly how it'll work.

Inner Strength is still a really good perk, and if you want to combine it with Head On, Quick & Quiet becomes an even better perk to start the timer almost immediately!

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

This is why I run Self-Care and Botany Knowledge.

5 uses max and only in a locker? Cool. I'll just go here and heal faster after the unhook. Can't be countered by Franklin's either.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,947
    Options

On the subject of the perk, what happens if you go into a locker and exit? Does it consume the perk or do you still have it active for the next Locker? I'm talking in reference to a situation where you may go into a locker but the killer sees you and so you have to come out or use head on.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options

The perk is only consumed if you get the heal off, so if you enter a locker healthy or leave before the timer goes off, dont worry.

• BeardedMenace
    BeardedMenace Member Posts: 215
    Options

I'm pretty sure it's a bug. As I use inner strength. But my gf just used Decisive Strike on Hillbilly and it didn't work. A lot of bugs since the PS4 patch today at least.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,001
    Options
  • WRussoW
    Options

They mean by the time you'll need to heal up there may be none of them left. Or only the ones you'll need to search for a long period of time.

• Ascended4Head
    Ascended4Head Member Posts: 62
    Options

Then we also need to balance locker grabs to make sure the killer can only grab when fully immersed in a locker. Since grabs routinely happen when the survivor already has both feet out and is starting to run. Then we can talk about counters and balance.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

I just find it funny that you think 5 heals max is a hard limit. As if people heal more than 5 times a match and still manage to keep the game together. If a single person has to heal 5 times and you dont get out, SOMEONE is doing their job wrong.