Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Tool box rework is pathetic.

All because of cry baby killers the tool boxes are useless now. The developers make the game worse every update and yet all that the high rank killers do is camp and tunnel survivors because they suck. Your game is a joke and it's no wonder why players quit matches. The reason why quitting is down is because fewer players are playing because this game is trash now.

Comments

• LordEmrich
    LordEmrich Member Posts: 258

Best thing to do is to not allow Survivors to bring in items PERIOD! You come in and have to search a chest to find an item. It makes zero sense as to why they're allowed to bring items in to begin with.

• FichteHiro
    FichteHiro Member Posts: 711

I think some Maps also have their own issues that affect the game a lot too, such as the God Lop on Wretched Shop. I think the Devs should redesign most Maps to make them more balanced, just like the new Maps they've been publishing.

I kinda understand why they are able to bring in Items, there are only 3 Chests per Trial, so the possibility of all Survivors getting an item is zero if no Chest Offering is burned.

• rickyray101
    rickyray101 Member Posts: 141

I put more time in this game than anything Believe me I know enough about it. What I'm getting at is developers catered towards certain players and they don't care about how things are supposed to work.

• FichteHiro

The Devs wanted to change the overall function of Toolboxes with the Sabo buff, and since the Gen Speed is already fast, they decided to make the impact Toolboxes have in the game less major.

• LordEmrich

Sometimes that's the way the cookie crumbles. They're given waaaaaayyyy too advantageous positions in a scenario where they should have little advantages.

• FichteHiro

Yeah, the problem is, most Maps have some sort of God Loop, and that's quite problematic when Survivors know how to use them as effectively as possible.

• Spectre13
    Spectre13 Member Posts: 179

As a survivor it is kind of annoying to be more careful with my toolbox. But as a killer I don't feel so intimidated now if I get a lobby with 2 or 3 boxs in peoples hands.

• FichteHiro

Yeah, true. Since Toolboxes aren't that impactful anymore, they aren't as feared as they used to be.

• LordEmrich

Oh I don't mind the loops. If I get into a chase where I feel like a Survivor knows the loops well I'll just break it off and find someone else. Even in a SWF there's always that weak link. You find it and the whole chain breaks.

• FichteHiro

It really depends on RNG. If a given iteration of a Map has far too many strong, interconnected loops then it's quite difficult to get a down.

• Sodahead
    Sodahead Member Posts: 99

I agree with god loops being an issue. I usually leave them if I see them running it well and move on to another survivor.

Playing killer is about time management. I do not have the time to bloodlust someone through god loops. I will take the god pallet and catch them later away from the god loop or cut them off if they run back to it if possible.

I suggest you do the same. I usually injure them and move on until everyone is accounted for. Most run self care and are to scared to play injured.

Someone said Survivor should bring anything in? Lmao ok. Killer can't bring a weapon in then. See how dumb that sounds? Same argument reversed.

How about people actually be gamers and learn how to play instead of calling for specific nerfs to fit their garbage playstyle? After all, we have seen one game nerfed so bad it is dead now. Behavior seems to be following that model. :(

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

Dude all they did was pull there foot off the killers head. There still drowning. You must be a potato because survivor is STILL dominating AF. Most on ps4 are swf's. What joy that is. Try playing killer, and not at tater ranks. I bet you'd change your tune real quick...

• FichteHiro

It depends, like I said, RNG is really a factor in this game. It is possible for practically all areas of the Map to have strong, interconnected tiles. If the Survivors know how to use them as effectively as possible, there isn't much you can do if you're not playing a viable killer.

The Devs are trying to balance the game out for the majority of the Community since it is quite divided on the core issues of the game. Survivor players are an effective majority in the game, hence why most changes are made to improve their gameplay. However, the Devs are constantly trying to make everyone happy, however, that is very difficult to achieve with such a divided Community.

• toxcitynacl
    toxcitynacl Member Posts: 464

To be honest, I don't really see much camping at the higher ranks...sure you get some but it really is rather rare in my experience anyway. Now, at the gray and yellow ranks...they camp like there is no tomorrow because well that don't know any better either that are they are just awful and that is the only way they can actually kill anyone.

Be honest now...you're just not that good now are you?

• FichteHiro
    edited March 2020

Agreed. From my own experience, I don't see many Killers camping at Red Ranks. However, slugging became more common with the Ruin Nerf since it's one of the most reliable strategies to try to get map pressure and a 4k. Besides that, there isn't much you can do to slow the game down other than downing and hooking Survivors, which can be quite the challenge depending on the Map you're playing on.

• FichteHiro

Yeah, Toolboxes aren't that impactful anymore since Gen speed is just faster in itself right now. The Devs probably tried to change the main function of Toolboxes from repairing to sabotaging with the Sabo buff.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

The amount of people who throw a hissy fit rather than adapting to a situation is astounding.

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 820

lol imagine needing toolboxes 🤣

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828

yet i still have gens popping before i can reach them at the start of the game vs brown toolboxes

• Seluecus
    Seluecus Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2020

Are y'all serious??? "Insanely Fast Repair Speeds?" That's not a Toolbox issue! that's a Perk setup issue! ######### is even the point of these toolboxes now. even with a really good one it'd still take me 60+ seconds which is MORE THAN ENOUGH TIME for a killer to happen in my area and look for me. Now we're stuck with these useless tin cans that deplete in 6 seconds for what, 10% of the gen?

Survivor mains have a right to be mad about this update as it doesn't affect the killer's any more or less.

• Seluecus
    Seluecus Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2020

how are you pulling that from what i said?

I'm telling you how long a gen use to take, WITH A TOOLBOX, if the survivor is not found.

I never implied anything, of the sort, about wanting to not be found. My complaint is about the fact that the toolbox is useless now because it doesn't do any amount of reasonable repairing. Just because you're unlucky with finding Suvivors, doesn't mean that they're Insta-Popping Gen's as you have VERY CLEARLY pointed out in your anger over playing killer against Surv's that know how to fit a TB and setup their perks.

I wouldn't be surprised, in the least, if you constantly try to put words into other people's mouths, like you tried to do with me. Go back and read what i put and what everyone else is saying!

TB's are completely useless now, just like the Flashlight and those damn Chinese Firecrackers. But, seeing as how you responded to me about gens, i'm going to guess you'll say Flashlight's are OP and you ALWAYS get blinded and stunned by the firecrackers.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

Yep, toolboxes are trash now.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

The problem was never a single toolbox but how 4 with the best add-ons could finish gens much quicker then they would like.

If a change such as this makes you hate the game so much is suggest taking a break for a while. Maybe if you come back then you will realise tool boxes were never needed and they are being changed to what they should be. An item which gains a survivor a little extra speed in gen time.

The playerbase isn't dropping. Everytime changes come about some post the exact same statement. Wishing for something and it being true are quite different.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Well I'm not saying it to you and while I do want to avoid the US vs them mentality.

Roughly about one day after the ruin rework at least from my personal experience I saw survivors practically jumping at the heel to bring tookboxes in the game just to crank out gens as fast as possible.

Before you saw that much tool boxes and you were going up against a rare civil squad even more rare coordinating brand new parts team but after ruin got swabbed toolboxes for generators everywhere.

So I'm actually not that surprised that they got hit

• PatchNoir
    PatchNoir Member Posts: 600

I liked some addons but they are weak boxes to repAir, as a solo player of course.

The problem is most of the time not the boxes but the other survivors are not doing gens or are 3 gening me. With the new boxes i cant 5 gen rush in a match solo so i need the team working and as i said that ######### me

• MamaEagle
    MamaEagle Member Posts: 115

Yes, not to mention I think they were changed to be more utilized for hooks now that each one "unlocks" sabo... However I think that yes, they are weak on gens (but that's a good thing in my opinion for killers who aren't as skilled) but they are really good on hooks, even if they only get a few uses. I for one would like a very slight (and I mean slight) buff to the hooks returning (for survivors) so that when the hooks are sabotaged they actually take a little longer than 15-20 seconds to spawn a new one... Otherwise we're going to continue to see killers camping downed survivors (from what I've seen) until all toolboxes are used up on them.

• kosmi
    kosmi Member Posts: 363

Sad that you have little bit hard time bulliing killers with friend on comms?

• SurvivorsAreRuined
    SurvivorsAreRuined Member Posts: 75

Sounds like something a crybaby killer main would say. No, I agree here they were over nerfed. There’s hardly any charges to even be able to use them anymore. I’d almost rather not even bring one in because it’s literally almost useless now. It’s ridiculous how hard survivors have to work to get out alive while killers prance around Mori’ing people and moving around so swiftly. Yet they complain about perks that literally prevent the killer from preventing someone from being able to play. Toolboxes just really didn’t need that hard of a nerf. If the aim is to slow down the rate at which gens are completed then you have to slow down the rate at which the killer can kill you. Why should killers still be able to rob you of your 2nd and 3rd hook by using a Mori? I literally see an ebony one in every single blood web level in the 40s and beyond. It’s not as “ultra rare” as it should be. I’m sorry but nobody should have to be anyone’s kill every game and this game is buffing killers too much.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

I never used toolboxes in the first place because they were crutches and unfun to bring because they made the game go by too damn quick and I couldn't even break 15k gen rushing. But if your gonna call the other half the community that is keeping the game alive "FOR YOU SURVIVOR MAINS" (Because the survivor community is way bigger than the killer community) cry babies. I suggest you play killer and get an understanding of why gen's go by so quick

• SurvivorsAreRuined

It’s not disliking the game to complain about something that shouldn’t have been tampered with in the first place. Toolboxes are very necessary because it allows solo survivors to have a chance when they’re teams been knocked down. So many games I’ve been in where my teams constantly going down and I don’t have that extra help I need to repair gens. Because it takes WAY too long by yourself simply because the killer can easily run laps around generators before they even get any progress on it. The killers move too fast and they have too many ways to cause significant regression on generators that it’s almost not even fun to do anymore. The gens need to be more spread out In my opinion for that reason. Killers shouldn’t be able to camp gens like I’ve seen. Even with gens to do on complete opposite sides of the map, killers can still camp them. Please tell me, why is it you feel you come into a game as killer and deserve to kill anyone? 90% of the time I was seeing killers get their 4Ks. And that’s going against red and purple rank survivors. Killers are too strong. Don’t tell me you have been going into games and not being able to chase people or kill anyone because of gen speed. That’s a god damn lie. You don’t need that much time to kill all 4. It’s not fair to have someone sit on a gen for 5 hours while you’re out slaying people. It takes too long imo on most these maps because they’re either too small or gens are cramped together. survivors didn’t need that hard of a toolbox nerf. I was expecting maybe half the charges.... but 24... that’s just sad. As a killer you already get to chase people around and absorb points like crazy, it’s not really fair that killers have all that mobility or the ability to slay people after their first hook. There’s tons of issues I see with killers because of how fast someone can die. So why should they slow down gen speed without slowing killers down? It’s not fun for survivors at that point. Like I don’t want to sit on a generator for 5 hours (exaggerating) while I see teammate after teammate going down. I mean heck, the killer practically spawns on a survivor at the start of a match. You’re typically getting your first down before somebody even gets a gen done.

• SoylentPixie

Are you 12?

I know, I know. It's easier to state someone is a killer main than accept that there are plenty of survivors who aren't actually bothered by the toolbox changes. I mean if it makes you feel better and everything you can cover your ears, shut your eyes and scream "LALALALA YOU'RE A KILLER MAIN I CAN'T HEAR YOU"

However my post history pretty much poops on that accusation.

I don't like Mori's any more than you do, but i deal with them as they come because they are a part of the game. If I whined about everything that got changed on either side I'd never have any fun. The simple fact is, I never relied on toolboxes in the first place, they were just a beacon for being camped in my experience, so I honestly don't care about the change. If the toolbox change is that detrimental, take a break, because stamping, screaming and accusing everyone of being a crybaby because they don't agree with you, is beyond Ironic.

• SurvivorsAreRuined

That kind of response was Definitely something A 12 year old would say. Nobody’s kicking and screaming here 😂 I’m simply submitting my opinion. And I know it’s the right one. They overnerfed toolboxes.

and I don’t think toolboxes are a crutch either. You obviously didn’t read the key words solo survivor or Gen camping. It’s too easy for killers and I’ll stand by that until I see some changes. You can’t convince me otherwise. Gens are too cramped and the killers r too fast. Why shouldn’t toolboxes remain the way they were in situations where they’re needed to get that last gen done? Don’t act like you’re having that hard of a time as killer. You just suck.

• SurvivorsAreRuined

How about the lag issues on survivor side and how it affects their game play? The ability for killers to get off unfair hits? I’m sorry but there’s too many unfair disadvantages on survivor side of things

• Auron471
    Auron471 Member Posts: 1,310
  • SoylentPixie

Ahhhh still denying that I'm a survivor, well whatever works to prove your point i guess.

I spend 80% of my time solo, maybe 15% 2 man and I'll play killer once a month maybe in order to get a top up on points. I am fully aware of how hard solo is and i don't believe i said toolboxes were a crutch, they simply weren't the deciding factor for me when it came to whether or not I won a match. Literally just finished a game where i spent most of my time getting people off hooks with we'll make it and kindred. Nobody had a toolbox. 3 escapes.

You have every right to have your own opinion. You don't however get to arbitrarily decide someone is a killer main because they don't share the same opinion as you. It makes any following argument weak and childish. If somehow, the toolboxes went back to how they were, this still wouldn't bother me. It is not the end of the world, survivor, even solo survivor, is still playable with or without the nerf.