In Game rewards for interacting with the fourms?

Options
NineTimes
NineTimes Member Posts: 4

I’ve always wanted a reward system for these forums. For example: After interacting with a certain number of forums you’d receive a small amount of blood points or In game cosmetics.

Something to pull more people into the forums. What’s your thoughts?

In Game rewards for interacting with the fourms? 24 votes

Yes
25%
inferjusNineTimesGamekeepertemery2015letatheFobbo 6 votes
No
70%
MandyFoggyDownpourGibberishAtchooAdelooFibijeanCheersMegaWaffleTheRockstarKnightHoodiedRaptorrotasKrilkalBoosted_DwightFichteHiroOicimauKeezo[Deleted User] 17 votes
Other Idea
4%
yobuddd 1 vote

Comments

• FichteHiro
    FichteHiro Member Posts: 711
    Options
    No

Bringing more people to the Forums is certainly a good thing, but it is kind of complicated to decide what interaction would award people with in-game rewards. Let's suppose posting 100 comments would give you 100000 Bloodpoints. People would most likely just post comments that don't really have anything to do with the discussion or post extremely short comments such as "Yes" just to get the Bloodpoints and not necessarily to contribute to the discussion.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    Options
    No

People should use the forums because they want to talk about the game\with other players, not because they want exclusive cosmetics.

If the devs are gonna bring back exclusive cosmetics they should tie them to in-game events as in the past. Not to making posts or comments or doing whatever on here.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options
    Other Idea

I like the idea of in-game rewards, but it shouldn’t be promoted in-game. Only forum users will know about it.

Make it an Easter egg hunt. Periodically insert a code (Such as 8CJ25B, you know, obvious) into a random comment from the first 10 pages of the “Recent Discussions” section. It’ll be in a random place in the comment, maybe even in the middle of a word. This could be done automatically by a program, or manually by Devs and Mods.

In-Game, add a field in the store page for “Promo Code”. The first however-many players to type in the code get the associated prizes (items, Bloodpoints, shards, cosmetics...). Once the code has been used up (or times out after so many days), it disappears from the forum.

Finally, the frequency of codes may be totally random. One day may have 3 new codes inserted, while the next 2 days don’t have any at all! This way people who come just to skim the forums are very unlikely to get lucky.

I think this would work because the only way people will reliably come across the codes is if they’re actively reading all the comments in a thread. Even if they’re here because they heard about the codes, reading the comments will eventually stir up their opinions and encourage them to engage.

• FoggyDownpour
    FoggyDownpour Member Posts: 288
    Options
    No

There would be loads of junk and spam if there were rewards for coming here

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options
    No

The amount of "shitposts/useless crap" people who make just to meet requirements would be insane. This would be so easily abused...

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options
    Other Idea

That’s why I like my idea about hunting for a code. Unless you’re interacting with the forums regularly (and therefore constructively), you’re not going to have much luck. Furthermore, my idea rewards reading other people’s comments rather than just posting mindless snippets.