Licensed characters yall want.

What are your biggest requests for licensed characters in DbD?

How would you want their killer power to work?

What would their survivor perks be?

I for one would love to see candyman added as that was the first horror movie I watched that made me a junkie.

Honestly wanted to know the community's input?

Comments

• OtakuBurrito
    OtakuBurrito Member Posts: 512

Jason :(

• Ruckpie
    Ruckpie Member Posts: 49

I really hope people don’t spam Jason. I want the guy from little shops of horror and a map made out of the shop.

• KrispiesChicken
    KrispiesChicken Member Posts: 171

I'm not into a lot of scary movies so I don't know a good majority of the probably licensed killers out there, but I'm really hoping for one to be added that's actually terrifying, creepy, and makes the hairs on your neck stand. Let's be honest, for a horror game. No one is actually scared of the killer.

I personally go "awwww" when the killer keeps failing a mind game

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

I'd LOVE to see the Warrior-form of the Xenomorph and possibly Ripley.

No clue as to what their perks or power would be, but hey. They'd be a cool addition.

• RedrumCB
    RedrumCB Member Posts: 15

Were you thinking the guys who feed people to the plants? Honestly that would be neat I'm just not sure how it would be executed.

• Musicalhex
    Musicalhex Member Posts: 55

Not sure if it'd be liscensed but an SCP killer would be pretty damn cool.

• RedrumCB

I think it would be worth it to pitch the idea the the actual scp forums. Someone might come up with an Scp specifically for this lol

• RedrumCB

I'm not sure I know of what or where Brenda is from but those perks seem really well thought out. That first one would be cool if it was like decisive but only worked if you were within like 12 meters of a hook and it eliminated you scratch Mark's for 10 seconds?

• Ruckpie
    Ruckpie Member Posts: 49

The guy who feeds the plant. I can’t think of a way for the actual plant to be a killer lol.

• Kwikwitted
    Kwikwitted Member Posts: 641

Pinhead from Hellraiser would be my obvious choice.

Jason got his own game so likely he won't be available until that thing dies a horrible death. Pennywise would be crowding with the actual clown killer we already got. It's already kind of weird we have two chainsaw wielders in the mix thanks to licensing.

If they wanted to get very true to the lore they should go with Clive Barker's original pinhead from the novel which is female.

• TFjawbreaker
    TFjawbreaker Member Posts: 43

Pinhead or the chatterer from hellraiser

• NorMak3
    NorMak3 Member Posts: 89

The reason none of the killers are intimidating is because they're underpowered and aren't given the proper tools or graphics to be legitimately scary to experienced players, but I still kinda see your point.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

Alien, SCISSORMAN, Matilda (Mrs Trunchbull), Terminator, Predator, Dave from I.T, Penny-wise from IT, The wendigo looking creatures from a Quiet Place (insane hearing but blind), Deadites, Jason, Pinhead, The mummy from the mummy movies, RA, giant boulder from Indiana Jones, and Adolf himself from Wolfenstein or Zombie army trilogy or something.

Anything less then I'm uninstalling. You have 24 hours.

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578

The Tall Man from the Phantasm movies would be one of my choices.

• doublev1986
    doublev1986 Member Posts: 78

Tallman Phantasm

• skullybonks
    skullybonks Member Posts: 2

I know this doesn't really fit in with the horror movie trope, but the character itself is pretty horrifying as a concept.

But, yeah, General RAAM from Gears Of War would be a cool one imo. His primary attack would be his serrated blade & his secondary would be a ranged Kryll attack. I guess the latter would work similar to Huntress's hatchets or something.

Given that executions are a big part of Gears, maybe he could have 3 randomized Memento Moris, or the ability to change them or something. I'd have them be his impalement he does on Minh in the first game, his neck snap from Gears UE & the beheading from the RAAM's Shadow DLC in Gears 3. I mean, if that's not possible, just the impalement would be fine.

I don't know what his perks could be, though. Maybe he can like smash a gen and completely put it out of commission? Seems like it'd be a little OP, though. I dunno, perks are kinda hard to come up with, tbh.

The one big problem I can see is that... well, canonically, RAAM is 10ft tall lol. I don't think his model would fit through certain doors lmao. Although, with breakable walls, maybe that'd be slightly less of a problem. You could always just scale him down, I guess.

Alt skins: Gears 1 model, UE model, "Vold RAAM" model, maybe standard red Theron outfits & Palace Guard outfit as well.

His chase theme could be a "chase-friendly" remix of the Gears 1

In-Game Name: The General or The Uzil (which just means General)

If he had to have a Survivor counterpart, it'd probably have to be Chaps or Franklin, the Stranded from Gears 1. Having Marcus & Dom or anyone like that wouldn't feel right, given that the average Gear soldier is like 300 pounds of muscle & armor and can crush skulls into paste with their bare fists lmao.

Another cool killer would be Skorge as The High Priest or something, cuz his double-sided Chainsaw Staff is a pretty sick weapon. But, I think RAAM fits the game better.

But, yeah. I'm done for now lol. Sorry for the super long reply.

• skullybonks
    skullybonks Member Posts: 2

The Old Man would be cool. SCP-106, I think it is.

I know 173 is the popular one, but gameplay-wise, I think 106 fits in better. A voidwalking ability would be pretty cool to walk through walls and whatnot. Maybe it'd work kinda like Demogorgon's portals do, idk.

The "Shy Guy" would be sick. But again, like 173, I don't think they would work at all in terms of gameplay.

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927

Not really licensed, but part of me would love to have Jeff the Killer. I don't have any idea how that would work, but the Mori would have to be the "Go to sleep" thing.

• OtakuBurrito
    OtakuBurrito Member Posts: 512

bruh if brenda got into this game i would literally NEVER play anything else

• Gamekeeper
    Gamekeeper Member Posts: 47

Am i the only want one who wants candyman? I think the devs could think of something clever with his bees

• yutycorn
    yutycorn Member Posts: 246

JASON

JEEPERS CREEPERS

IT

MINOTAUR

FRANKENSTEIN

VAN HELSING

TERMINATOR :')))

Uhh that's all I can think of at the moment. I desperately want JASON added though. He'd be such a great fit for this game.

Just woke up to be discussing powers for each but for a quick sum up, I want their powers to be similar or on point with their abilities in the movies.

• TheVampyreSlayer
    TheVampyreSlayer Member Posts: 21

I'd love to see some kind of alien. Or maybe the blob. :P

• GhostofYharnam
    GhostofYharnam Member Posts: 597

They said awhile back they will never add Jeepers Creepers due to the guy being a pedo.

• GhostofYharnam

Weeping Angel

Grace from Ready or Not

Pumpkinhead

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002
    edited March 2020

Buffy Summers. I would honestly be close to tears if she was added. She’s been my hero since I was 13. 😂

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398

Ben Wilis from I know what you did last summer.

• TerminatorGuy
    TerminatorGuy Member Posts: 434

1-The Terminator T-800 that looks like Arnold Schwarzenegger, but as the game progresses his fire could melt off his skin exposing the T-800 endoskeleton. We need a soulless machine/android in the game.

2-I wanted to say Jack the Ripper, but I remembered he's unlicensed unless they take the one from Assassin's Creed Syndicate and make a deal with Ubisoft. The 1800s London map and atmosphere would be phenomenal. The survivor could be the male detective working on the Ripper case.

3-Jack Torrance as killer from The Shining. His wife, Wendy Torrance as a survivor and the Overlook Hotel as a map. Corridors, rooms, wide open lobby, maybe even the maze a little.

4-Xenomorph drone from Alien. Either Ellen Ripley or Amanda Ripley as a survivor idc. The USCSS Nostromo OR The Sevastopol (depending on which survivor they choose to add) as maps. The Xenomorph can possible get a lot of cool cosmetics based on different variants like the Deacon or the Protomorph, if you've seen all the Alien movies.

5-The Engineer from Alien Prometheus as a killer. Yes, I know another character from the Alien franchise, but those Engineers are scary when they're mad and....they hate humanity. Anyway, the survivor would be Elizabeth Shaw and the map would the the inside of the Engineer's 'Juggernaut' spaceship.

6-Pyramid Head/Red Pyramid from Silent Hill 2 with James Sunderland as a survivor. The Wood Side Apartments would be the map. PH's chase theme should be "Betrayal" theme from the game and his terror radius coming closer should give the scraping/dragging sound of his Great Sword.

7-Frank West as solo survivor. Shoutout to the dedicated person on Twitter ;)

8-A Candyman chapter based on the 1992 version. Candyman killer and a Cabrini Green map. But also Helen Lyle as a survivor. But the devs better do her looks justice unlike Laurie and Quentin. They gotta make Helen as pretty as she is in the movie. She would take the number one spot for prettiest survivor in the game probably.

9-Outlast 1 chapter with Chris Walker as the killer and Miles Upshur as the survivor. The map would be somewhere in the male ward of Mount Massive Asylum. Walker's chain sound could be implemented and his power could have something even more to do with the breakable walls we already have and BHVR are testing them even more. "LITTLE PIG"

10-Re-Animator DLC with Herbert West as a survivor and undead Dr.Carl Hill as a killer. The map would be one of the labs. (BIG PS: Jeffrey Combs(the man who played Herbert West) said something like he would be glad to negotiate with BHVR if they approached him first with an offer.)

Optionals-Pinhead(Hellraiser), Pennywise(I.T.) Jason(Friday the 13th) (when the lawsuit is settled), Supernatural chapter with Sam and Dean Winchester, B.J. Blazkowicz as a solo survivor(Wolfenstein game franchise) @Peanits

Thank you for reading if you made it this far. :)

• 2LuvRias
    2LuvRias Member Posts: 352

Predator

Sue me

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

WOW! Jeffrey Combs wants in?!?! Where did this come from?

I'm hoping Bobby Rhodes aka Tony the Pimp would be similarly open to negotiation!!!

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503

None. Absolutely goddamn none.

• Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 604

Gale (Riley) Weathers!

The Scream 2 version with white top, black pants and red highlights

• skynightjourney
    skynightjourney Member Posts: 128

Shoot there's a decent amount of characters still out and about to use. My personal 3 I would love to see is 1) Pennywise 2) Candyman and 3) Pinhead. I would love to see Pennywise make an entrance into this game I don't mind having two clowns, we already have two cannibals, and he could be very fun to play as and play against. Candyman would be such a fun game changer honestly, just because he could use his bees as a tracking device or something. I really wished we got Pinhead instead of Deathslinger this chapter, would've preferred a cowboy to have a different power like an actual gun or something plus the chain power is now used up. Of course there are two others I would love to see which is Jason, Chucky and the Creeper from "Jeepers Creepers". I'm not gonna focus on those three though because both Jason and Chucky are ALWAYS talked about and the other has a convicted child molester attached to it... But yea those are my picks and even the predator and alien ideas I've heard are pretty cool so I'm all for them!

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578

Mick Taylor from Wolf Creek would be cool too.

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651

I would like to see scarecrow from the dark night trilogy. He could have a power that would be a mix of doc and clown. Throwing a gas that causes hallucinations that would actually be scary instead of seeing a motionless doc pop up.

Others on my wishlist would be an alien xenomorph, a predator, and a werewolf.

• Benno101
    Benno101 Member Posts: 47
    edited March 2020

The only thing that creeps me out in real life are ventriloquist dolls. Doesn't have to be chucky, sort of like Slappy from Goosebumps (*from the original TV series) but tall.

• The_Grim_Reaper99
    The_Grim_Reaper99 Member Posts: 53

Chris Walker and Dr. Trager from Outlast. The next licensed chapter should be from a horror game. Outlast is the perfect game with lots of enemies to choose from as Killer like Chris Walker and Dr. Trager with Miles as a survivor. The asylum is a great setting as a indoor map with its maze like layout.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

This one is quite an usual and old one of mine, but it's something I thought about the other day.

I'd love to see a killer and survivor from the tv show 'Charmed' (original not the reboot).

The killer could be 'The Source' from season 4, the guy with half a face. It'd be awesome because his name fits with the 'the' for the other names of the killers.

The survivor could be Piper, as she was the strongest witch and the source really wanted her power. She was also the only character to appear in every episode of the show.

This is just my opinion, I don't expect many people to agree but I would love this idea.

• yutycorn
    yutycorn Member Posts: 246

Wait but... wait. Am I crazy or don't they already have a pedo? Fair enough though lol

• GhostofYharnam

The director of the movie is a pedo. They dont want to promote that sort of thing or pay him to use the liscene.

• GhostofYharnam

Yeah. But they could always make something similar or slightly inspired off it like billy is inspired off bubba.

• balenciaga
    balenciaga Member Posts: 21

Chanel Oberlin from Scream Queens is the only right answer tbqmfh! xxx