New killer is bad or me just lucky?

Options
Oshi
Oshi Member Posts: 306

Every single game on red/purple rank - campslinger with NOED, sometimes with Blood Warden.

Comments

• jokerdude23_
    jokerdude23_ Member Posts: 102
    Options

It's very early, only 2 days and also he's a fairly hard killer to use, those 2 factors make it hard to call him bad already, it's a matter of killer mains need time and even then on top of that he is a harder killer, some do good already but a lot need some time, all the NOED usage is because exposure perks are also extremely good on him

• ZaKzan
    ZaKzan Member Posts: 544
    Options

He's very good. He shuts down conventional survivor pathing and forces survivors to make mistakes. In a sense he is comparable to billy, he just doesn't have a one shot down.

He would be above billy if he could drag people across pallets

He's a high skill killer that severely punishes even missing once, so not many people will be good with him, even going forward.

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471
    Options

It's been less than a week, and he's a killer who requires a relatively high amount of skill. People are still figuring out how to play him and don't have their optimal builds on him yet and are just using the best of what they have. Like, why would I run Monstrous Shrine when I have NOED? As the weeks pass people will get better with him and have better builds, just wait a bit.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

Yes, he is mostly weak, and it seems 80% or more of them resort to camping and/or NOED. His biggest benefit is the tiny terror radius.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

Im currently running pop, bbq, m&a, and thrilling tremors. Tt is just good with pop in general. Bbq for blood points because as someone else stated, the entity is a dick in bloodwebs lol.

Either way perks are useless if you can't hit with his power

• InTheBushes321
    InTheBushes321 Member Posts: 72
    Options

What a ridiculous evaluation.

He would be comparable to other high B/Low A tier killers. He still wouldn't be as good as Billy if he could drag over pallets. As it stands, his power is easy to juke, the hitbox sucks anyway, he's slow, has bad map pressure, survivors have more.control over his power than him, etc.

He's a really bad killer. Definitely bottom 5.

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131
    Options

Slinger is not the only one people use noed on. Just expect noed every game and you won't get surprised, just like I do.

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632
    Options

My excuse is I didn't start playing Dead by Daylight because i'm good at FPS games. I assume if we get some big COD player in here to run him a few trials we will see a much bigger difference than what any of us have been doing.

• Anevian
    Anevian Member Posts: 47
    Options

I've been running Pop, BBQ, STBFL, and M&A with pretty good results. Out of roughly 25 games I've only had 1 0k, 1 1k, 3 2k, and the rest have been 3 and 4. But I also used to play fps games which helps.

I'm not a big fan of the majority of his addons, but the best for my play style is one reload addon and one stun reduction addon (so I dont lose 2 stacks of stbfl when I find the obsession I let them break out of the first shot.)

I kind of want to try pwyf as well but after 2.5 mil BP spent it still hasn't shown up. I've heard that shooting them and letting them break free doesn't lose you a stack.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,027
    Options

Wouldnt the thrilling tremors only really work if you down someone without using your chain for the 2nd hit? If I remember right, the game acts like the chase is over when you shoot someone. At the point that your reeling them in, your TR would shrink to 16 meters before you down them.

• Cheeki_Beaky_Bird
    Cheeki_Beaky_Bird Member Posts: 148
    Options

You seem to have confused some perks: Thrilling Tremors blocks all generators not being currently repaired for a few seconds upon picking up a survivor, with a significant cooldown. It's main use in the build is likely to find out which generators they need to target with Pop Goes The Weasel.

• Cheeki_Beaky_Bird
    Cheeki_Beaky_Bird Member Posts: 148
    Options

One of the big reasons NOED is so popular on Deathslinger is that it's main function (survivors are Exposed) is the same throughout all tiers. It's kind of like Devour Hope and Sloppy Butcher in that for the most part, base NOED will do all you want from it. The fact that you're slow as molasses without a haste effect certainly gives it some extra allure, though.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    Options

He has no pressure at all

You'd think the Devs would realize this design flaw by now

• memiieko
    memiieko Member Posts: 187
    Options

He's not that hard to aim with honestly but it's the hitbox that's ######### up. (I play Rainbow Six Siege, COD, BF, etc)

• InTheBushes321
    InTheBushes321 Member Posts: 72
    Options

I mean, I've played fps games at a high level for years, but the aiming mechanic isn't even comparable. Especially on console. No ads customization, at all, worse projectile hitbox than in Apex (which has famously bad net code)...

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    edited March 2020
    Options

Huntress neither. You are supposed to apply pressure ending chases fast.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    edited March 2020
    Options

to add onto this, lets ask a question: What makes a killer good?

Simply put, if the killer can apply pressure and end chases fast, they are good, if not, then they are not.

Spirit, Billy, and Nurse are obvious, they can end chases extremely quickly as they movement speed from their kits allows them to. Huntress is a toss up and she is heavily map dependent, Oni as well if he can start snowballing with his power.

But Hag, Legion, Clown, Deathslinger, and everyone else really suffers from their power being High risk-lowish reward. Sure, legion and deathslinger can get quick first hits, but legion suffers from a long stun and Deathslinger is punished hard for missing a shot which is more precise than Huntress without guaranteed damage. This is compounded with many maps being so large a gen can pop before you can even get to it.

Spirit's power is simple: She moves fast but cannot physically see people. That's it. It's nothing flashy or "cool" its just speed, and that's all a killer needs. Deathslinger has a gun that can be easily dodged and has a long recovery and the person shot can be body blocked, spirit suffers from none of these.

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998
    Options

He is pretty slow killer to chase and down people which results in survivors pressuring gens heavily which are already a problem but devs don't see it so it's fine.

People will camp with him as he is very lacking against survivors that are average which is pretty bad for a new release.

He feels really clown level as most of his mechanics slow him downand don't offer much of a pressure. You may have fun hitting fun shots and reeling people in but at the same time huntress would have killer everyone in sight, billy would have downed everybody and doc would have shocked people to constantly stop them from working on gens/healing while making them reveal themselves to him.

• Arxaion
    Arxaion Member Posts: 104
    Options

NOED is particularly good on him, considering he can deny survivors the ability to run away. I would even consider running it on a core build just for that fact. That said, there are some very good perks on him that I couldn't bring myself to replace with NOED.

• theArashi
    Options

Huntress will chuck two hatchets in 7 seconds. If you have LOS survivor will go down and any other survivor is in danger of getting downed as well.

Meanwhile this guy has to shoot, hit survivor which is already hard if they don't have perfect connection, reel them in for 5-6 seconds and that's just a first hit. Then they run away and you reload for extra 2 seconds. Survivor is already out of your range.

Where is this pressure assuming that survivors aren't playing really dumb by just staying in 10m radius from you at all times?

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options
  • The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

Any deviation from the survivors rulebook for killers should result in ban.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    edited March 2020
    Options

He is designed to be a camper. Like Oni was designed to be a slugger. Dont even understand why devs obivously favor cheap killer play all through this game, thus its just annoying for anyone else.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

I have seen a decent amount of killers using him being a little campy. I worry he may develop into a camper because he can run insidious and prevent the unhook by dragging survivors away from the hook. Saving while injured could definitely cause a snowball from this style of play.

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927
    Options

Personally, I can see any perk with exposed being used, as attacking a survivor on the harpoon that is exposed is a down. So no butt wiggling in the exit gate. If you're exposed, he can just pull you out and down you.

• Haku
    Haku Member Posts: 614
    Options

She is not. He can use all the exposing pekrs in the game you can think of - noed, rancor, haunted, devour, MYC, even Iron Maiden has better use on him if you ask me but ony only on not amazingly big maps. Huntress cant do that. Also she can be mindgamed around pallets with big walls. He cannot be cause he can insta shoot / which is dumb if you ask me again but who am I /

• GhostofYharnam
    GhostofYharnam Member Posts: 597
    Options

I like him. Hes not as op as other Killers. But he is fun to play as.

• Mikeadatrix
    Mikeadatrix Member Posts: 890
    Options

She is better than him and that is just a fact. She has map pressure and can snowball really hard by just taking pot shots. I love Deathslinger but until he gets buffs, she'll always have the edge on him.

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927
    Options

Idk, he has precision and accuracy. People keep complaining about his hitbox with the harpoon. I was chasing an injured survivor towards an open gate. Another survivor bobbed and weaved between me and him. Huntress would have hit the body blocker, but with the harpoon, I was able to shoot past her and catch my quary.

• Mikeadatrix
    Mikeadatrix Member Posts: 890
    Options

I'm not saying he's not good, I'm saying he's not as good as Huntress.

• theArashi
    Options

He can deny unsafe loops... Almost any loop with already dropped pallet is safe against him.

I didn't forget. I've played him for awhile and he is great at countering some loops on his map, mostly because they are already unsafe.

• csandman1977
    Options

Yes, TT is used for pop more than anything. Cool down sucks, but so do I so by the time i find and down someone its ready to proc again lol. That and even if you are competent, most times on the big maps, cool down is half over before you 110% your way across the map.

Pallets against a healthy survivor don't really matter as hitting your target and lettung then struggle out will still injure. It's hust the injured people who are safe behind them.

Also, expect devour hope and/or noed on pretty much every slinger. They are just too good on him.

• underlord99
    underlord99 Member Posts: 1,030
    Options
  • Sickskillsforchills
    Options

Luck has nothing to do with this killer. I start the match ds is just right there. Music? sound? foot steps? where is hes 24 terror range lol? Hes a freaking ninja gun slinging myers. I can't stand how much bs this guy has.

• JakConstantine
    JakConstantine Member Posts: 118
    Options

I would say watch some streamers and youtubers. They can be very helpful with new content.

• csandman1977
    Options

Every time I run that perk the obsession won't leave me alone. I get no value from it. Although when i unlock everything i want to unlock i will trade out bbq.

Also on console i turned down the sensitivity. It helps with the aiming

• HURRI_KAIN
    HURRI_KAIN Member Posts: 358
    Options

There's no counter to his harpoon, and no wind up or charge for his gun. = No counterplay.

As survivor you just have to hope he misses, since he can hit you through objects even if you should have cover.

He's fairly strong, if the killer can aim. If the killer can't aim, then It's not difficult to loop him.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

He needs to be 115ms and once again his addons are a joke. Not sure which add-ons are worse, his or demo.

• underlord99
    underlord99 Member Posts: 1,030
    Options

you gotta watch for when hes aiming down sights, I've found that moving side to side rather than running in a straight line helps with messing with his aim.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options
  • HURRI_KAIN
    HURRI_KAIN Member Posts: 358
    Options

Zig zag helps, but with a competent shooter, doesn't matter much.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,148
    Options

@HURRI_KAIN I have escaped most of my games against deathslinger so clearly most of those competent shooters weren't competent enough but for real. you get a lot of second chances against deathslinger. loops with walls when a pallet is down is forced break, other loops he can shoot through but the price for failure is high and often it is best case reward is injure. If you understand how to struggle properly. sometimes you can bait a shot and purposely get hit because you can go next to an object and if you succeed to break chain, he gets a stun and you get sprint burst even when injured.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,027
    Options

Definitely did, lol. I read thrilling but pictured infectious fright.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Pwyf is one of the first perks I got on him + you heard right