Newly leaked Perk or a bug?

So I got into a match earlier today on PS4 and soon as I got loaded in, the whole HUD was missing. No survivor status info, or names, or icons, no indication of number of gens left, or status effect, no perk icons on the bottom right corner. So basically, it was all blank except I could see the auras. I wanted to quit, but I thought it would be really unfair. But the worst was yet to come. I soon realised that I wasn't able to see any progession, be it gen, heal, open chest, unhook, cleanse totem. I didn't even see the pop up even. That wasn't all. It didn't show me the skills checks as well, I could hear them. But it was like hitting them blindfolded. I repaired three gens by tapping. Even healed like that. My teammates (solo game, of course) thought I was fooling around the entire time. I don't know how I survived that match. I didn't even know when all the 5 gens were completed. There was no EGC bar when the gates opened. I managed to escape.

If this is a new perk, it's really over-powered.

Anyone else had this issue?

Comments

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433

Also, I played as Jane Romero against Michael Myers spawned on Gas Haven. I had equipped an ultra rare key with addons (killer aura reading + increasing charges by 15). My perks were Head On, Bond, Self Care, Streetwise. I didn't see what perks the killer had. Maybe the newly leaked one? Hah.

• Groxiverde
    Groxiverde Member Posts: 767
    edited March 2020

Dude, I would LOVE to have a gamemode like that. Or just be able to EXPERIENCE THAT. HOW can you complain D:

Btw, it was obviously a bug.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

It's a bug, it's the Cinematic bug.

Record it, takes pics and submit it as a bug.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Yeah I had it a few times as survivor. OP. NERF

• agutty1
    agutty1 Member Posts: 36

Yea I experience this bug probably like 5 times in the past 2 years.

• Kai6864
    Kai6864 Member Posts: 377

Had the same bug, sadly it isn’t a perk! Super rough though, glad you escaped through it

• Khalednazari

Yeah, right =.=

One fellow teammate showed some solidarity for 5 seconds, she gen-tapped along with me. But got really mad at me when I failed a healing skill check on her.

• Khalednazari

Oh, so it's a shadow perk activated by the entity with a very low chance.

• scarslookgood
    scarslookgood Member Posts: 157

For PS4, I've had this happen on multiple occasions before the 3.6.0 patch, but not since (yet).

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063

Funny enough, I came up with a perk that limits survivors information in the above killer concept, just not as overwhelming on the amount of information the hud displays as the OP has said:

Mind Numbing Mist: Your intense desire to kill transgressors has saturated the fog of the trial grounds dulling and suppressing the Survivors sense of situational awareness. Up to 2/3/4 Survivors no longer receive Status Effect, Perk and Teammate condition notifications during the trial. Injured, Down, Hooked and Exhaustion notifications are exempt from this effect.

Basically it stops survivors from seeing if they are in the dream state, sick, broken, the obsession, etc, and It also doesn't display any notifications for perks being used against them, like Ruin, Huntress Lullaby, Coulrophobia, Unnerving Presence, etc, but while this perk removes all the noise and Icons in the HUD which blatantly spell out everything for you, it does not prevent their effects on you. So for example, say you were healing a survivor in the presence of Coulrophobia, You still get a red progress bar showing that you are being de-buffed while you are in the killers TR, same goes for someone suffering from the Mangled effect, Gen slowdown perks, or while you are hindered you see your characters movement speed still slows down so you can figure out what's going on based on your gamer instincts. Exposed, Exhausted, injured, and Hooked are exempt from the perks effect, and of course it does nothing against survivors aura reading. Sure the perk isn't too nice to use on brand new players, but anyone who has played this game for more than 50 hours will be able to tell if somethings wrong and work to counter it, much like how survivors already instinctively know when the killer is using BBQ&C, or NC, they don't need any notifications or icons on their HUD spelling it out for them because the killers behavior gives it away.