Survivors self caring and not letting you heal them when you have we'll make it

Shaped
Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
edited March 2020 in General Discussions

I really love this perk but I encountered quite a few idiots who refuse heals and killer is nowhere near. And it happens at red ranks. Does anyone have similar experience? I am tempted to switch it for something else.

Comments

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688

I know there is a challenge to heal 8 health states from any survivor and it counts if people heal themselves, so, they might be doing it and that is why they do not want to get healed by someone else. Aside from that, sometimes people are idiots, yes.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Yeah people are ridiculous.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

This is why survivor play outside of SWF is pure crap. I hate playing survivor in general as I don't like being at the mercy of the killer players mood on whether I get campedbor tunnel. Add in crappy solo teammates and it is unbearable.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

This is the nature of rando multiplayer...

• aregularplayer
    aregularplayer Member Posts: 906

medkit, resilience, bottany knowledge, there are situations where selfcaring is faster than being healed by others. if the person don't stop selfcaring, just move on to the nearest gen, or you will be the useless one.

• DarkFox85
    DarkFox85 Member Posts: 74

One time when I was running We'll Make It, I rescued an Ash when the killer was nowhere near and Ash just ran away - and Dead Harded as he went.

Y'know what? Some folk aren't worth healing.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

If I've already started healing myself I won't let go until I get a skill check because I have really bad luck. Every single time I let go of something, there's a skill check lol

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited March 2020

If they have a lot of healing boosts, have a challenge, or are almost finished then I can understand. If they still haven't figured out that WMI heals you very quickly, then they can have fun SCing for 24+ seconds. It's even worse when they don't have any other healing boosts, not even Botany or a common medkit. 32 seconds is a LONG time in DbD. That's almost half of a gen.