Why is BT working for killers with no terror radius?

Options

BT seems to be working for killers with no terror radius, such as a cloaked Wraith.

Is this intended or a bug?

Comments

• Danu
    Danu Member Posts: 281
    Options

In otzdarva's latest wraith video he notices this as well and gives it a small test at the end and I think it may be for wraith anyway that it counts him as he's coming out of his cloak as terror radius?

Honestly don't take that as concrete though that's just the only instance I've seen people discussing it

• Haku
    Haku Member Posts: 614
    Options

Wraith is broken for some time .... Lots of uncloaking bugs

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 994
    Options

I've had a couple of bugs when playing against Wraith. He'd cloak and for some reason he'd still have the heartbeat for another 5 before it disappeared.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776
    Options

We need some tests, probably.

However, there's some weird stuff going on with BT. I can tell you that yesterday, I witnessed a save against a facecamping Freddy. The guy was awake and Freddy let him unhook without hitting him. He immediately smacked the unhooked person who went down. In chat, the rescuer asked why BT didn't proc, but we couldn't figure out. The hooked person never replied, so we don't know if he never got the endurance status, or if he did and it glitched. The rescuer did have BT, I saw it in the tally screen.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    Options

Its probably "just" a wraith bug, thus it should be how BT works, to end the 1-IQ-plays of no TR killers.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,187
    Options

So you get to unhook survivors in front of every killer's face without consequences? Got it.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    Options

I mean its how it should be, making TR and not distance nullifies the entire reason the perk exists

• xCarrie
    xCarrie Member Posts: 982
    Options

It’s currently a bug, expect to see a fix early next year.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725
    Options

Oh, that's one of the things Freddy can do. Because the survivor on the hook is awake, they only get the lullaby and not the actual terror radius. Consequently, they don't get Borrowed Time which requires a terror radius.

• LifeQuestions
    LifeQuestions Member Posts: 26
    Options

Either way I don't really care, if a no TR killer is camping I think it should still proc.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    Options

Thats what BT should do yes. To prevent those 1-IQ-plays from killers. So if you wanna complain, complain about your own kind of players, that force survivors to use these perks.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,546
    Options

I think in that comment you quoted @PrettyFaceKate is saying that the unhooker was awake, and Freddy didn't hit them so they didn't get put to sleep, so therefore didn't have the Oblivious status effect, so BT should have worked. It doesn't matter what the situation is with regards to the hooked survivor.

• HURRI_KAIN
    HURRI_KAIN Member Posts: 358
    Options

Only killers are allowed to manipulate game mechanics to the detriment of the game!

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    Options

Is this a joke? In what other ways have killers modified game mechanics to the detriment of the game? What does that even constitute in your mind?

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    Options

So unhooks should always be free and respected, then? Because it's actually a 1 IQ play to let someone go just to chase someone else. It can work out every once in a while, just enough so you survivor only players can switch to killer for a daily or rift, get a 3K and talk about how easy killer is because you never have to camp, tunnel, or slug at any point ever and only chase fresh hooks.

• Pigpen
    Pigpen Member Posts: 58
    Options

To answer the OP this has been in the game for a while. Uncloaking counts as if you are completely uncloaked in regards to BT. You have to wait until the survivor is completely off the hook before starting to uncloak. As for Freddy I have no idea why BT does and does not trigger sometimes. I understand how it's supposed to work, but it's not very consistent. If the unhooker is asleep then there should be no BT because there's no terror radius for them, but that's no always the case.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650
    Options

I tend to find most players use the perk to farm others for the WGLF stacks and safe unhook points, rather then killers forcing its use.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

I had a game as deathslinger. I had 3 stacks of DH. I reeled in a guy and instead of going down he only suffered deep wounds. I know for a fact DH works if you reel in someone for a melee. I've been doing it all day. Yet somehow this person only suffered BT. Then they ran out. It didn't make any sense. He wasn't unhooked recently. He was even full health.

• AlsendDrake
    AlsendDrake Member Posts: 103
    Options

I think you got it backwards.

Since Freddy's rework, you have a Terror Radius while they're awake, but once you fall asleep, you become oblivious, thus he loses the TR and Red Stain, and you hear the Lullaby instead.

Not only that, but Borrowed Time runs off the unhooker, not the unhookie.

I think what's really happening is it's bugged, seeing as that happened and the Wraith stuff.