Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Maps you want?

Vampire
Vampire Member Posts: 90

Maps I would LOVE to get

-A fully underground mine map (penumbra style)

-A cruise ship, imagine just hearing the creaking boat (perhaps a new mechanic would be rusty floors for this map only, meaning if two survs or a surv and killer go on it at the same time it collapses)

-A shopping mall

What are your dream maps?

Comments

• Inji
    Inji Member Posts: 1,096

Personally really into ocean things so a cruise ship could be amazing for a map. I think it will add to DbD's aesthetic. Especially if it has a matching killer (A captain or a crew member)

I would love a beach themed map. You can have sand dunes, beach chairs and beach umbrella's as LoS blockers and wood debris as loops or even a beach hut for the shack.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

A 3 tier Zombie Apocalypse underground map.

Where as the match progresses, everyone HAS TO move to another set of the map not opened yet by the gates.

You do 2 gens, the next tier opens, 4 gens the next tier opens and you have to do 1 more gen to get to the bunker.

Match ends when killer kills all 4 or they escape to the safety of the Bunker.

• grayon444
    grayon444 Member Posts: 757

I would love a zombie apocalypse themed map set in a big city.

And instead of seeing the normal and boring brick fences that most maps have (the end of the map fences) i would love it if there are fallen trees, police cars and S.W.A.T trucks blocking the survivors and killers from going out of the map boundary.

And just for aesthetics of the map to make it so you can see the big skyscrapers in the distance.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Another woodland one but darker, perhaps a graveyard.

A football/soccer stadium

• inferjus
    inferjus Member Posts: 479
    edited March 2020

Graveyard would look cool on Red Forest map.

Personally I would like to see a laboratory like the one from SOMA's first location. It would be cooler Hawkins version, just like new Treatment Theatre is cooler version of old Threatment Theatre.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

WWI trenches

• Vampire
    Vampire Member Posts: 90

Imagine hearing the distant groans of a horde, or seeing them shambling in the distance.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

I created a pirate killer once... but the core mechanic was used for the Deathslinger so... back to the drawing board. : P

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

I would love for a gothic city style in a similar vein to Bloodborne.

Or a castle. That would be cool. A german castle with a knight/plague doctor as a killer.

• UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13 Member Posts: 182

A dilapidated sewer system.

A ghost ship.

The ruins of a medieval castle.

An abandoned theme park.

A derelict space station.

• Benno101
    Benno101 Member Posts: 47
  • ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

As long as its legit creepy, thats what I want more then anything, just a layer of horror over the entire thing.

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

Since I started playing I have been wanting to play in a Haunted Mansion setting with a graveyard in the backyard. A primarily indoor map with some outdoor for the backyard, graveyard, and Killer Shack. Also with hidden doors that lead to secret passages to add some extra finesse to the game for Killer and survivor. They find the hidden switch in a room, perform a timed action to open it, and the passage door stays open for a few seconds before closing again. A good reference is the mansion from the board game Clue, or the house in Resident Evil 7: Biohazard.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Pirate Killer was already on the wishlist for some time now ;P

This would actually be also a great way to control map size, regarding gen control

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523

Sorta', but as you mentioned, it's a very long and straight one, and it's all houses. I always imagined a variety of buildings. Maybe a small gas station, a post office, a garage, a motel, etc. If it were a crossroad type shape, you could also do some things with the space behind the buildings.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291
    edited March 2020

I'll take part of my post from another thread

In order of my most wanted map themes.

• Amusement Park - With various attractions and working objects like a Merry-Go-Round. Imagine a chase happening on an actual moving Carousel.
    • Prison / Asylum (Like an actual asylum) - Could be in the Lery's Realm as one of the areas Herman practiced medicine in as well.
    • Spooky Mansion - Ideally with an outdoor area like a garden or greenhouse too. As stated above maybe from the Victorian Era

Honestly I'd like to see the Coldwind Farm maps re-imagined. Wasn't the family that owned the farm relatively wealthy? I'd expect Thompson House to actually be a relatively big farm house overlooking each other area in the realm. For the most part yes I'm suggesting make that map more of an indoors map. If anything more similar to the house in Texas Chainsaw 3d where Bubba lives.

Realistically though I just want a map editor / access to the unreal engine build to make custom maps.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

I just want the reworked originals. A lot of good ideas there but with ugly visuals. Maybe give the Asylum some lively prisoners. I dunno, Fresher cows on the abattoir that moo.

And level perks like mud slowing you down in the swamp, or poison gas clouds that blur your vision. Would make playing certain killers on those maps more interesting.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

A space station, kinda like dead space and the survivors get space suits. They have to complete all gens to power an escape pod. That or the inside of a pyramid.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

A dark warehouse packed with DBD Props, animatronics, and sounds.

You come across a cleansing pool... ok cool, it’s Plague. But turn a corner and the Pig roars and lurches at you, yet doesn’t actually attack. It’s just a prop. Then you see a fake bear trap in the floor in front of a jigsaw box.

As the killer you see countless variations of survivors crouching around, running in circles, etc.

Throughout the match you hear all the different sounds. Bing bong bing of a wraith in the distance. Screams and shouts. Terror radius at random intervals. Hooks dropping. Nurses squealing. On and on.

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398

A summer camp.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    edited March 2020

You can also do a similar thing with an Australian "Shanty town" which is basically made out of sheet metal and other on-hand supplies. Or try something similar to the Wolf Creek movies with the bad guy's encampment.

Or do an underground map similar to Coober Pedy.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

-A Haunted Mansion, complete with jump scares. It'd be cool if they had a room of mirrors where the killer would appear in the mirror even if they weren't there.

-A High school. I know there's Badham Preschool, but I mean one where the school is the entire map.

-A prison. This would be great if they ever got a walking dead character

• Amacky
    Amacky Member Posts: 94

A theme park can be really cool.

Imagine, some attractions, a carousel that activates after a generator, revolving around it, an ice palace where the killer and the survivor will think face to face, take to the heights on a roller coaster or a haunted house with screamers of monsters when we pass. I would see a killer "The mascot" who would come with this map, it would be really nice!

It would be nice to also have a big wheel containing a generator in a cabin which takes us to an upper floor once the generator is finished, the interactions make the game more dynamic. :)

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

Think about the Haddonfield, Temple, Cowshed, Rotten Fields, Hawkins

i want maps that’s are not those

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    • A submarine where players (killer and survivors alike) can interact with objects to flood certain areas or seal bulkheads.
    • A blazing forest with very thick smoke. Flames injure survivors and significantly slow the killer when touched.
    • A ski slope. All players can move sideways or downhill, but uphill is prohibitively slow. If you go down far enough you seamlessly find yourself at the top again. (Infinite downhill loop. The Entity can make this happen!) In other words, everyone is always moving down.
    • Rainbow Road from mariokart. Everybody will fall at some point!
  • Joelwino
    Joelwino Member Posts: 550

The spirit's university or kendo studio

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147

Not a bad idea. But tbh I would love a Nuketown underground bunker type of map.

But I feel like it would kinda be similar to The Game in a way. So if we either see a bunker map, or a ocean/beach map (maybe variations) I will be happy =P

• BraveClem
    BraveClem Member Posts: 333

An abandoned or ghost ship,kinda like the ones in, Man of medan or Resident Evil revelations 1

• thenegativone
    thenegativone Member Posts: 254

So you don't want indoor maps and you dont want outdoor maps. You dont want maps to be big and you dont want maps to be small. You dont want killer favored maps and you dont want survivor favored maps. Be more clear...

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068

I want a water park map, where if you complete a generator, slides open up, allowing both the survivors and killer to navigate differently over time.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    edited March 2020

Haddonfield, Temple, Cowshed, Rotten fields are all maps that take an entire gen's worth of progress to cross

Hawkins is a map that has RNG Doors, Sounds that are beyond broken, 0 loops that have mindgames, its awful

---

Azarov's Resting place, a mostly symmetrical map which has decent loops and no overly strong tiles or buildings, its a good map

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

The nostromo (gimme the alien chapter).

A submarine.

A lake (we could get a creature of the black lagoon type of killer, or jason)

A mall or megastore of sorts (infinite ikea)

Big ass mansion

Cave system would be fun too