How to red ranks on LEGION? Help me...

Options
Dinasy
Dinasy Member Posts: 26
edited March 2020 in General Discussions

Can somebody say perks, add-ons, builds, TACTICS. Thank you.

Comments

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,053
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hmmm, Legion is not the greatest Killer in red ranks, but in Red Ranks I'm using Bamboozle, BBQ, Thanatophobia and PGTW / Fire Up. I'm using the Duration addons or the faster recovery addons.

Why those perks?

Bamboozle because Survivors can go through you while vaulting a window and vault it back, this prevents that, also you get a nice vault speed bonus.

BBQ because extra bloodpoints and map awareness.

Thanatophobia because Survivors would be injured most of the match so if they decide to heal it will take much longer and if they don't then Gens will take a bit longer to repair.

PGTW to slow the game down even more.

Or Fire Up because I like vaulting windows EXTRA fast.

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

legion is actually the best killer to rank up, pretty easy to reach red ranks exploiting the ranking system, just the good ol' stab and leave.

• ChiTenshi
    ChiTenshi Member Posts: 877
    edited March 2020
    Options

I normally take Forever Legion and work towards the 3-gen strat. Below is my personal build.

Perks:

• Thanatophobia - For obvious reasons.
    • Dying Light - If used correctly, can works wonders to delay the late-game. Not everyone's cup of tea though.
    • PGTW - Delays early/mid game, drastically hinders late-game.
    • Discordance - Disrupts team-work and leads you to an area your power will be more effective.

Add-ons:

• Defaced Smiley Pin - Strong synergy with Thanatophobia and Dying Light.
    • Julie's Mixtape / Joey's Mixtape / Cold Dirt - Reduces the fatigue cool-down, ending chases quicker.
  • Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    Options

Nurses, Spies from the Shadows, STBFL, and Blood Echo or I'm All Ears has been working well for me. Though you may want Bloodhound in there in case they have Iron Will.

Then whatever you want with add-ons. Either build for getting your power faster and longer or keeping them injured.

Always use the Obsession as a way to find the other survivors. I don't think you lose stacks with STBFL when you use FF on them. Also use FF on people unhooking. It overrides their Borrowed Time and injures the unhooker as well. If a chase is taking too long, use FF to whack the looper then find someone else. If a survivor corners themselves while using FF, end it there to get the hit, but give yourself a wide enough berth to get to them. By that I mean back off a bit to see where they try to go, then cut them off.

• Sonicslinger
    Sonicslinger Member Posts: 27
    edited March 2020
    Options

Pop, Thanataphobia, BBQ and blood echo

pop and thana for gens, bbq for info and bloodpoints and blood echo to make chasers a little easier

addons any ruler addon, button (not the brown one) or power time increase (mural sketch, sketchbook)

have been staying in r1 for the last three seasons with this build

• avilmask
    avilmask Member Posts: 599
    Options

Mine is Thana, BBQ, PGTW, Discordance (how many months it was since devs said they gonna change it so 1lvl is better than 3lvl?).

Usually in order to 4k I have to 3 gen, and Legion are notorious for their camping skills, so 3 gen defense supposed to be pretty decent on them. (Honestly, lately it's the only strategy if you can't move faster than 175% or teleport).

Alternatively, if you can manage to kill one of survivors with 2 or more gens to go, it shouldn't be hard to seal the game from here, but Legion aren't very good tunneler (ability doesn't promote that).

If you lose a good 3 gen, just try and get as many ability hits as possible, hooking what you can. You can blackpip at reds with 0k Legion, they's one of those killers.

• Kwikwitted
    Kwikwitted Member Posts: 641
    Options

I personally got there running the following.

BBQ and Chili

Monitor and Abuse

Hex: Ruin (yes, the new one)

Surveillance

Addons: Iridescent Button (Best) Cold Dirt (Second Best), Stolen Sketchbook (Third Best)

Playstyle: You're goal is to continually harass survivors off gens, starting their regression and highlighting them with surveillance, after two to three gens are highlighted this way you will have a lot of information about which gens survivors are trying to finish. With Iridescent button your terror radius affects the whole map so often survivors will let go of a gen for a second and then get back on, which highlights it because it regressed for a second with ruin and then highlighted by surveillance.

You want everyone injured constantly using your frenzy and cold dirt to have lots of uptime. The Monitor and Abuse is to sneak up on already injured survivors. BBQ and Chili helps with additional location assistance as well as keeping your BP up to afford more and more addons.

The other major factor is map offerings. When I climbed to rank 1 with legion I abused map offerings like crazy. Hawkins and Lery's were my primary go to map offerings as hawkins is in general the best killer map in the game and lery's suits legion well as vaulting isn't really a problem for him and lery's is lacking in pallets. Lery's also usually has plenty of alternate routes to chase survivors through rooms as well.

Good luck.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,013
    Options

Hi, glad you are wanting to play some Legion! As somebody who mainly plays as the Legion, I can suggest quite a few perks/add-ons for you to help within your trials!

I have a few perks/add-ons that I can recommend:

PERKS

• Discordance (situational awareness)
    • Thanatophobia (passive slowdown)
    • Blood Echo (helps in chases)
    • Enduring (helps in chases + has some cute builds with iri-button)
    • Spirit Fury (helps in chases + has some cute builds with iri-button)
    • Bamboozle (helps in chases)
    • BBQ & Chilli (situational awareness)
    • A Nurses Calling (situational awareness)
    • Hex: Ruin (passive slowdown + Mending forces survivors to leave gens)
    • Monitor & Abuse (increased terror radius to find more survivors)
    • Corrupt Intervention (passive slow down)
    • Stridor (helps locate survivors)
    • Bloodhound (helps locate survivors)

ADD-ONS

• Iridescent Button (Vaulting pallets will breaks them, and your terror radius affects the entire map.)
    • Stolen Sketch Book (Increases Frenzy's duration by 2.5s.)
    • Mural Sketch (Increases Frenzy's duration by 1.5s.)
    • The Legion Pin (Hitting survivors revealed by killer instinct applies the Broken status effect for 60 seconds.)
    • Defaced Smiley Pin (Hitting survivors revealed by killer instinct applies the Mangled status effect for 60 seconds.)
    • Cold Dirt (Reduces post-Frenzy cooldown by 0.6s.)
    • Joey's Mixtape (Reduces post-Frenzy cooldown by 0.4s.)
    • Fuming Mixtape (The progress of generators is determined by the intensity of their auras.)
    • Filthy Blade (Increases Mending time by 2.5s.)
    • Susie's Mixtape (Increases killer instinct detection range by 16 meters.)

PERKS/ADD-ONS TO AVOID

• Do not use any basic attack related perks. They do not apply their effects during Frenzy. (Sloppy Butcher, Remember Me, etc..)
    • Do not use any Deep Wounds reducing add-ons. (Frank's Mixtape (-7.5s) and Stab Wounds Study (-5s) have not been reworked since Legion's initial changes, and thus, do not synergize well with how Frenzy's power functions. The add-ons do indeed work, and can down a survivor, but requires up to 5 hits to achieve the affect.)
  • DoingGens_You
    DoingGens_You Member Posts: 10
    Options

Surprisingly no one has said I'm All Ears, which is a perk I love on him. It really helps to get that second hit, which is something Legion really needs.

• Tactless_Ninja
    edited March 2020
    Options

Chopped liver.

Edit for clarity: What am i, chopped liver? My first post was overlooked.

Apparently I can't slang properly.

Post edited by Tactless_Ninja on
  • Tactless_Ninja
    Options

I'd play around with it but it doesn't seem to want to appear in my bloodweb.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159
    Options

For my build you need to be good in chases in general.

Perks: Hex: Ruin, Surveillance, Enduring, BBQ

Addons: Duration and Recovery

Playstyle: B-line straight to the area where you think they spawned. Go for stab stab, killer instinct yes? Go for multiple injures. No? Cancel frenzy instantly and down the dude as fast as possible. Hook, BBQ or Surveillance, rinse and repeat. The big difference between this and any other build is, that you just never respect pallets. Never. Even in frenzy, just swing through every pallet. It works surprisingly well.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    Options

Usually I use this build: Thanatophobia, BBQ, Surge and Spirit Fury.

No need to explain why BBQ, Thanatophobia make survivor waste a bit more time either they heal or not (win win for you), Surge gives info and saves the time to kick gens (the bonus regression is also nice), while Spirit Fury helps getting the second hit on a survivor.