I need an honest answer: Why do u tbag?

Options

Just why? It's used to incite a reaction, and people who don't know that is like a 5yo waving around the middle finger, you wanna tell them stop but u can't hit kids so they keep doing it.

I ask ppl after matches y they do it, and of course reactions are dismissive as u would expect when dealing with something as complex as a question: Why do u tbag? I'm met with anger and laughter, both are just as humiliating as the tbagging itself.

I don't camp hooks so idk y ppl do insist on doing it. I don't want some BS answer like an dumb joker quote, or tell me to ignore it, or tell me bc the internet is a place where u can act any way u want and get away with it. I'm so sick of never getting any genuine answers.

Answers

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options
    This is an answer I saw on another post and it said that they think that those that t-bag aren't good at any other game and feel better about themselves when they tbag in a game that's basically on EZ mode. I think they simply tbag because they want to get you mad, they WANT you to camp them, they obviously want attention so I personally dont give it to them unless no one else is around 
  • PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options
    Rattman said:

You take these braindeads way too seriously. Obviously they do it to piss you off and make you lose concentration. While you angry, you more likely will make mistake in chase, allowing them to win.

A warrior's greatest weapon... is patience.
    (c) Zenyatta

My main boi zenyatta and his great quotes 
  • IGutlessIWonder
    IGutlessIWonder Member Posts: 8
    Options

Yea I know I take it too seriously, but its just oneof those things that gets to me, and most of the time its at the end of a match.

Even had a good game just now, sacrificed 3 and the last 1 escapes only bc of the hatch and feels I'm trash bc I got everyone else but him. I mean, the thinking of some ppl is just horrendous.

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647
    Options

@IGutlessIWonder said:
    Yea I know I take it too seriously, but its just oneof those things that gets to me, and most of the time its at the end of a match.

Even had a good game just now, sacrificed 3 and the last 1 escapes only bc of the hatch and feels I'm trash bc I got everyone else but him. I mean, the thinking of some ppl is just horrendous.

It is more funny when you don't pay attention to it and the tbag gets them sent to my basement ;)

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816
    edited August 2018
    Options

I did it all the time because i didn’t know it was t-bagging to crouch until a couple days ago. I thought it was a way of telling people to crouch, lol

Post edited by xmenfanatic on
  • pauloandrade22
    pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697
    Options

@IGutlessIWonder said:
    Just why? It's used to incite a reaction, and people who don't know that is like a 5yo waving around the middle finger, you wanna tell them stop but u can't hit kids so they keep doing it.

I ask ppl after matches y they do it, and of course reactions are dismissive as u would expect when dealing with something as complex as a question: Why do u tbag? I'm met with anger and laughter, both are just as humiliating as the tbagging itself.

I don't camp hooks so idk y ppl do insist on doing it. I don't want some BS answer like an dumb joker quote, or tell me to ignore it, or tell me bc the internet is a place where u can act any way u want and get away with it. I'm so sick of never getting any genuine answers.

its specifically only for "no reason at all facecampers" and "slug guards".

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Options

I mainly t-bag to say hi to my teammates and while waiting at the exit gate when killer hardcamps a hooked survivor.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

Honestly, I have a nasty habit of doing this at the exit gates.

I guess it's a form of showboating.

There are a lot of games where the killer plays really scummy (and still loses), which just makes the temptation too high.

• Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    Options
    Some may find this shocking but I do not crouch up and down aka “teabag” unless I’m next to another survivor that’s either to tell them hi or thanks
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options
    Make blood warden active by pressing a button. Teabagging at the gate will vanish over night.

I assume it's to show superiority. "I'm better than you and I know it." Then they step into your trap and dc because they already wasted their DS.
  • Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

Dailies.

• Vietfox
    Options

@Mc_Harty said:
    Dailies.

T-bag the killer for 3 minutes.

• AzazelAxios
    AzazelAxios Member Posts: 51
    Options
    I don't mind when people do it, I just assume they're children. When I play survivor, if there's no one that needs saving, I just leave.
  • Vadim239
    Vadim239 Member Posts: 217
    Options

@Rattman said:
    You take these braindeads way too seriously. Obviously they do it to piss you off and make you lose concentration. While you angry, you more likely will make mistake in chase, allowing them to win.

(c) Zenyatta

Teach me man. How to play killer when there are 4 of such tbaggers? or 3

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
    Options

@Vadim239 said:

@Rattman said:

(c) Zenyatta

Teach me man. How to play killer when there are 4 of such tbaggers? or 3

Just do your objective. Its simple. Sooner or later they will make mistake.

• jwentzel987
    jwentzel987 Member Posts: 150
    Options
    Some may find this shocking but I do not crouch up and down aka “teabag” unless I’m next to another survivor that’s either to tell them hi or thanks
    I do this as a form of thanks for healing me
  • mdoa212
    mdoa212 Member Posts: 29
    Options

I don't tbag as survivor, and as killer if I see survivors at the gate teabagging I turn around and walk away. They are literally children who want attention (and are probably laughing at this post, giggling at their screens).

• jiminie
    jiminie Member Posts: 200
    Options

I do it if the killer is a straight up jerk if not, i also do it to communicate with my fellow survivors when i'm soloing

• GunManSpy
    GunManSpy Member Posts: 50
    Options

Why do I teabag?
    Because it's the Sangheili formal greeting if you get what I mean...

• Cass
    Cass Member Posts: 47
    Options

Exactly what is tbagging? (honest question)

• Vietfox
    Options
    Cass said:

Spam crouch button
  • Bemaduray
    Bemaduray Member Posts: 4
    Options

@Cass : it's when you spam Crouch :-)

On PS4, I do it to say hello & goodbye to the other survivors (there is no chat).

I do it "to" the killer only when I want to be chased instead of another survivor (as an example if he will die soon but I haven't been catched yet, or if i'm playing SWF), but not during the chase and nether with disrespect or the will to be insulting him.

I also sometime do it near the exit to say goodbye to the killer - but only once, not spamming it. Most killers don't like it so I am avoiding it now.

• CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540
    Options

People Teabag because its fun. If you get upset at someone pressing LCTRL on their keyboard in a video game you may need to re-think life a little bit

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

@Bemaduray said:
    @Cass : it's when you spam Crouch :-)

On PS4, I do it to say hello & goodbye to the other survivors (there is no chat).

i think on pc people told me to do it to get the united-bonus, because its broken?
    i crouch a lot in the game, but never to insult the killer (although a killer has accused me for that, even if i didnt intent to do so, and i think i was only crouching. (migt be the united-bonus again).

• Cass
    Cass Member Posts: 47
    Options

@Vietfox said:
    Cass said:

Spam crouch button

really? people get angry about that!? I see it all the time. I thought tbagging would be griefing or something

• Vietfox
    Options

@Cass said:

@Vietfox said:
    Cass said:

Spam crouch button

really? people get angry about that!? I see it all the time. I thought tbagging would be griefing or something

You got a good example here, watch it from 08:17 till the end xD:
    https://youtu.be/VgdnN6Pv2TE?t=8m17s

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Options

@IGutlessIWonder said:

Ok history lesson in fighting games there was huge conflict over smack talking each other. Some saw as a sign of disrespect others say it was a strategy to tilt the opponent into playing badly. Muhammad ali popularized the tactic in boxing often inciting his opponents to act aggressively so they were easier to predict. Honestly its a ######### strat that kinda spits in the face of good sportsmanship. But some people don't care whatever it takes to win they'll do it. My advice pay them no heed and remember as killer to hunt the weak first the strong later. Dont let a teabagger piss you off get your hit at the exit gate and let em move along don't feed em by giving em a reaction just gg and move on you will be a better killer for it and a stronger one ^ ^.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493
    Options

@IGutlessIWonder said:

because the killer camps and tunnels me the entire game and i still escape and he gets no kills because of it

• Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Because the ctrl key occassionally gets stuck when crouching and I have to mash it get the damn thing to let me sprint again.  And also to say hi or thank you to other survs.
  • IGutlessIWonder
    Options
    Of course I was heated when I made this post and just checked now, plenty of replies. I don't mind the 'Hello' or 'thank you' crouch at all and honestly don't see that one much since if I so see them im chasing them down instead of admiring them heal, lest of course I'm Michael.

I just try to go into matches now just expecting everyone to tea bag me, and if they don't I respect them.
  • redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Vietfox said:

@Cass said:

@Vietfox said:
    Cass said:

Spam crouch button

You got a good example here, watch it from 08:17 till the end xD:

Er yer you do know that little icon he has is a illegal cheat that gives you a map of the game please forward this to the devs so they know what there working against
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited September 2018
    Options

I have very large and heavy survivors balls from running NM and doing stuff like this:

http://xboxclips.com/thesuicidefox/c715e081-3acf-4b10-ab52-b1f4909eb51f

and this...

http://xboxclips.com/thesuicidefox/46d027be-a193-4259-9c26-b43c4d8c5744

So I'm not teabagging as much as I am just resting my legs from the immense weight.

It's honestly a detriment to my life. Unless a building has a double door I can't come in 😞

• fakelove
    fakelove Member Posts: 82
    Options

To make Kate's bags bounce 8-)

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

@IGutlessIWonder said:

I generally leave the bag in my tea so as to avoid any awkward eye contact with someone as I continually dip my bag in and out. I guess its just a preference.

• kone19
    kone19 Member Posts: 72
    Options
    In other games it is used as psychological strategy in this one it’s just to be a jerk 
  • JustJess
    JustJess Member Posts: 154
    Options

I usually teabag to random survivors for saying hi or thanks, often I also did teabag to killers for saying thanks when they actually brought me to hatches or just left me alive for making us points.

When im on the exit I always let the killer hit me twice so he gets more points, rare cases I teabagged as for being a jerk. Yes when the killer tried to camp me.