Do any killers leave hooks anymore?

Options

9 out of 10 games now they refuse. There’s no such thing as a safe unhook without BT.

Comments

• Beardedragon
    Beardedragon Member Posts: 425
    Options

when you run Hex: Devour hope they do.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

Yes I'm one of the few that leave the hook 😀

• WRussoW
    WRussoW Member Posts: 715
    edited March 2020
    Options

Because 80% of the time one of the 3 remaining survivors hides somewhere near you. Once a killer leaves, bam, instant unhook. Plus, it's a rare occasion when your teammates leave you on a hook when your second stage is about to start and killers know it, duh, so they come back to get that survivor who is rushing to unhook you before the Entity fully appears.

It's bald to assume that "bad" killers do so but your nickname kinda allows me to understand why you would think this way. GGEZ

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

Most of my games I face killers that play normally, and not camp.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

have i ever, in any way shape or form said i would "sit around the hook all game"?

all i said was that i wont leave the hook without a reason. if i get more value from staying around, i will do that - its called optimal gameplay.

im not a camper, not at all (cause that is very suboptimal gameplay). though im also not gonna just go and gift you that unhook - you gotta earn it.

• Vampire
    Vampire Member Posts: 90
    Options

I only don't leave hook area if

1. All gens are powered. No sense in letting them all get a free escape
    2. If BBQ doesn't show anyone, I give a look around the hook before leaving
  • SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192
    Options

I run an ambulance build, I literally designed my perks to be very good at safe hook saves....and i rarely get to use it. 8 out of every 10 games i play, survivors swarm the hook or are just behind the hook and will unhook before the killers terror radius is even gone, usually without BT.

If people feed themselves to the hook then sure, why should a killer not stick around and let you run into the meat grinder?

I can approach a hook slowly, and sensibly and still get them off the hook before hitting second phase. But a lot of survivors will just act like lemmings and it's literally snowballing the game for your opponent.

There are face campers sure, and you punish them by not falling for it and doing your gens. But if people just kamakazi hooks...most killers have no incentive to move away from the hook. End of story.

• BlueFirebilly
    BlueFirebilly Member Posts: 257
    Options

Except survivors don’t give killers a fun time 90% of the time, how hypocritical

• SoylentPixie
    Options

Just out of curiosity. What exactly do survivors do to ensure the killers have a bad time. Not counting any perk/item/strategy that is allowed by the game, AKA - Within the rules of DBD.

• Vampire
    Vampire Member Posts: 90
    Options

Noise spamming

Refusing to leave until the last second

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

Killers need more perks to make them leave hooks and pressure gens.

• mouse0270
    mouse0270 Member Posts: 849
    Options

Generally I leave hook, but have been called a camper for more than one reason.

• The first one is usually BBQ. If I hook a second person and see someone going for the save but don't see the 4th survivor... I just go for the guy going for the save. I would like to point out I don't generally tunnel the guy who was saved, I usually go for the rescuer. But many have called this camping.
    • The second one is, I left hook, but haven't found anyone and got the notification someone was saved, so I go to chase the rescuer... I am not going back to hook if I know where a survivor is or am in chase, but if I am currently just walking around and I know where two people are, I am going to that location.
    • Lastly, after hooking someone, I will generally break the pallets and kick the gens in the area around them, as I rarely break pallets during chase. Usually in this time I see another survivor, which causes me to stay in the area because that survivor wont run away from that location.

Also keep in mind, I will get called a camper during End game too, because I avoid tunneling, slugging and camping while there are gens, once all gens are done, I play more like a no holds bar cage match. You get caught, unless I know I can down someone else, I am pretty much proxy camping.

If survivors don't like it, pretty much tell them to suck it up, I'll do my best to play fair while gens remain so everyone has fun, but once all of them are done, someone is dying.

• SoylentPixie
    Options

See those i agree on. Now i will say if I'm the last person in trial and the hatch is closed, i kinda feel that's a win for the killer unless they face camped the whole game, so i WILL noise spam just to give them my location so they can hook me. But doing it just to be an A**hole is just stupid. Same as the idots who can't take a win with any amount of grace and wait at the gate for the killer to judge the butt Olympics.

My usual reaction is "Dude...are you 5?"

• jwentzel987
    jwentzel987 Member Posts: 150
    Options

I do unless the survivor taunts me and insists on tea bagging. Then I'll camp the hook I out them on and just tea bag in front of the hook.

• SoylentPixie
    Options

As someone who mostly plays survivor, this all seems fair and common sense to me. The worst part is, that MOST survivors will see common sense in it, they just don't like to admit it. It's a lot easier to insult someone rather than admit you might have made a bit of a whoopsie.

• mouse0270
    mouse0270 Member Posts: 849
    Options

I mean it never gets me mad when they call me a camper, because I know when I camp or tunnel. I own when I camp or tunnel. They wanna be salty let them be, I'll just laugh and if I am lucky... I'll get them again in the next match and pull out bubba. lol

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,532
    Options

You need to go for an unhook during the sweet spot. Wait until they walk away to find other people. But not so long that they give up and check hook

• SoylentPixie
    Options

Insidious Bubba waiting patiently in an upstairs room on Haddonfield was possibly the second best pants wetting jump scare I've gotten, next to Micheal Myers gen grabs.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

Me because I prefer not to be genrushed. Unless you hook swarm in which case my pray is already here so why leave?

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

I've been thinking about camping a lot more. Games tend to go by so fast that I might as well camp the first guy to death and NOED the second guy for the 2k. It's a better result than trying my hardest to keep people off gens AND down them in a reasonable time with a killer like Pig or Legion, just for them to camp and throw down every safe pallet (which is almost every pallet on each map) which buys everyone enough time to slam out gens and ends with me only getting a few hooks. Doesn't help that exhaustion perks make it take significantly longer to injure/down a survivor a lot of the time. And that's without including the momentum-breakers that DS and Unbreakable are designed to be.

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816
    Options

killers dont give survivors a fun time 90% of the time, how hypocritical

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,137
    Options

I mean you kinda just proved his point when you said most killers are garbage.

Some killers don't leave hooks because it is the right play to do so. See no one on BBQ? stay near the hook. Don't have any tracking? hard patrol. Somebody looping near the hook? chase them and that's a ton of pressure.

Some killers don't camp hooks because they are bad, they do it as a kind of strategic way. Like camping in endgame. Other killers however i will agree just camp because of nothing.

If you're being toxic though then don't expect anything less that a hard camp from anyone.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763
    Options

Imagine thinking every killer that camps is trash when survs camp the hooks themselves. 🙄

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

"9 out of 10..."

There's your answer: Yes. 😋

• xGodSendDeath
    xGodSendDeath Member Posts: 320
    Options

If I camp, I get teabagged, clickyclicky and toxic hate messages on PS4. If I play fair and don't slug and try to hook everyone 3 times, I get the same treatment + gg ez trash killer. I'll play however I want to ;)

• BadGalLexC
    BadGalLexC Member Posts: 9
    Options

Coming from a PS4 main/ survivor I will be more than happy to stream 5 games in a row and I am willing to bet a majority of killers will not leave the hook. And the points that they’re supposed to get as a penalty doesn’t even reflect or encourage change behaviorZ

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,900
    Options

Must be nice! I play on Xbox and I get tons of camping/tunneling killers. This is at red ranks...

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

Hand on heart thats not how it has been for me. Killers just circle hooks endlessly. Sometimes you wait and wait but the killer just patrols a 12m range. Deathslinger players are notoriously bad for this. Its either you farm before survivor hits second stage or you dont get the unhook. You play stealthy and give the killer every chance to leave but they refuse.

You’re Canadian though? Maybe people in your region are just more civil. On the EU servers right now there is no sense of sportsmanship.

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632
    Options

I leave hooks when playing Freddy. I run Make Your Choice, and hook people next to generators. So when you make the save I simply tele back to the gen and then insta down the savior. It really sucks if the survivor tries to heal off hook. Completely counters we'll make it, and the dream world completely counters borrowed time.

Play safe survivors.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

Well it was rank reset. Maybe that has contributed. Since reset its practically every game. Rank resets are always notorious for it.

Easier to sit around the hook and rely on NOED later than it is to learn how to chase survivors.

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632
    Options

But lets be real, you also main Huntress and can ignore safe loops, so having to remain within the vincity of hooked survivors doesn't normally apply to you at all - since you can down survivors much quicker than other Killers.

• TrappinMan
    TrappinMan Member Posts: 66
    Options

It has always depended on time in the game, and what's going on situationally for how much camping I do in a match. Normally none, but someone overly toxic will get me lovingly staring them in the eyes, the ring of bear traps around the hook making sure no one interrupts our special time. And if not only were they toxic to me, but to other survivors (pointing out other survivors to escape their death, bodyblocking someone injured in a corner, etc) they also get to feel that tender love of face camping.

Egc, I'll stand near the hook, but not face camping, unless it's a previously mentioned scenario. It's usually close enough to get the grab, if not then a quick 2hit, and dragging the savior to a farther hook to keep playing musical hooks.

I will say tunneling happens more unintentionally than intentionally. If I'm returning to an unhook and see scratch marks, I'll follow them. If the person I just hooked is there, well, I'm not going to ignore them. And if everyone is wearing the same costume, expect I don't care enough to remember who had the flashlight, the toolbox, and the med kit, since you can swap those anyway.

• Cius
    Cius Member Posts: 86
    Options

It is the best tactic to kill 4 easy in the current red range, in 90% of cases they are apes

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

Will be there more anti-tunnel perks like DS? Something very useful for solo players

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

It's certainly takes the sting away from being gen rushed.

• rhodamia
    rhodamia Member Posts: 275
    Options

Killers who camp lose points in 3 of their 4 categories to gain rank

Going against higher rank killers, you will find less camping, because they can't maintain high rank with that strategy.

• Oshi
    Oshi Member Posts: 306
    Options

Campslinger never leave hook. He always stay 15-20m around so he can tunnel. As non DS user this hurts.