Just Got One Hit Downed?

Options

Not a single generator was completed, I was playing against The Spirit and she instantly downed me in one hit. I waited until the end of the game and I didn't see any perks attached that would give this ability (unless 'exposed' means instant downs). Was this a glitch or is there seriously a perk or offering that can instantly down you in the first 30 seconds of the game?

Comments

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725
    edited March 2020
    Options

What perks and addons was she using? Exposed does mean one hit downs.

• tortrader
    tortrader Member Posts: 539
    Options
  • Sasorii19
    Sasorii19 Member Posts: 27
    Options

Somebody must've cleansed a totem that caused the Exposed status. Therefore hide until the timer is over

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    edited March 2020
    Options

Exposed means you can be one shot. Sounds like she had Haunted Grounds and some other survivor triggered it by breaking the totem.

Here is a list of Expose perks:

Hex: Haunted Grounds (Spirit Perk): Two totems will spawn as lit. Cleansing one of them will give all survivors the Expose effect for a limited duration. After this the other lit totem (that wasn't cleansed) will become a dull totem. How to work around them: Don't get found during this time/ don't cleanse totems.

Iron Maiden (Legion Perk): Getting out of a locker will cause you to scream your location to the killer and give you expose for 15 seconds. If you scream when getting out of a locker, don't get in them again when the killer is near. The killer can also open lockers faster than normal.

Hex: Devour Hope (Hag Perk): The killer has to hook and walk 40 m away to get a token. At 3, every survivor becomes exposed until the totem is cleansed. Solution: Save close or cleanse the totem. At 5 tokens he can MORI ALL SURVIVORS.

Hex: NOED (Basic Perk): Pretty explanatory, when the gates are powered, the killer gets a speed boost and all survivors are exposed as long as the totem is up.

Rancor (Spirit Perk): An obsession perk, when the last gen is completed, the obsession will be exposed and Moriable. The work around is to not be the obsession, or to hide if you are. The obsession can see the killers aura when a gen is completed, so if you are the obsession, look for a killer aura if possible (you won't be able to see undetectable killers though).

Make Your Choice (Pig Perk): When the killer is 40 m away from a hooked survivor, this perk activates. For a limited amount of time, the rescuer of the hooked survivor becomes exposed.

These are all expose perks at the current time. Some killer powers expose you, like Myers and Ghostface, some can one shot without telling you, like Billy/Bubba, and some addons give expose, like Iridescent coin for Deathslinger, Redhead Pinky Finger for Clown, and Iridescent head for Huntress.

I hope this helps you.

EDIT: @DWolfAlpha reminded me that wording must be specific, because the distinction changes how NOED and Rancor works. : P

Post edited by Raven014 on
  • SurviveByDaylight
    SurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 720
    edited March 2020
    Options

That iridescent head for huntress is OP. they should really limit it to one Ultra rare item per character. One hit throws are just stupid. Like why would anyone want to play against killers with one hits or ebony Mori’s? I’d rather back out. Like I said though, they should just remove some of that stuff. Because it’s not like survivors are doing all 5 gens without getting found. So you’re telling me somebody gets caught, they just die. And that was fair game? 😂 okay. It’s not like survivors have an ultra rare item that gives them an instant quarter or half gen to trade off for that instant down (no, not brand new part, you have to work hard for so little). Or an instant gen for an instant death after hook trade off. No they get 2 hard skill checks on a brand new part and a bulb that you have to put yourself in harms way to use 😂 either way, it’s gonna take extra hard work to use their effects. But killers, no they don’t have to work hard to use their ultra Rares. Cool thing is, they get to use them all game long. Meaning, they don’t burn out like a brand new part, or a flash light bulb. Lmao.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited March 2020
    Options

Exposed means you go down in one hit. Since you were against a Spirit, she probably had the perk Hex: Haunted Ground where if the Survivor cleanses a Hex Totem (those small skull thingies you sometimes find on the ground, but they're glowing), everyone receives the Exposed effect for 40/50/60 seconds.

Are you really trying to turn this into another "Iridescent Head is OP" thread?

• SurviveByDaylight
    SurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 720
    edited March 2020
    Options

i just don’t think it’s solving the issue of slowing down the game to have one hit downs as an add on, ability, perk and have insta killing Mori’s 😂 it’s kinda excessive. I hear people talking about slowing down gen speed, well slow down killers then 😂 because it always seems one way or the other than makes games go by way too fast. Either it’s a slaughter or it’s a gen rush. But I think you can’t hit one without hitting the other. Cool thing about exposed, is you can avoid it or wait it out for the most part. Now, I do think killers like ghost face can get it way too fast. Iridescent isn’t as bad as ghost face looking at you for like 3 seconds and the game decides that’s a mistake on your part. You shouldn’t have let him see you as he walked by you and turned his head in your direction momentarily, now you deserve to die! 😂😂 okay yeah. Sure. Totally.

snake man please don’t get aggressive. I’m only offering my pov

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927
    Options

Noed activates when the exit gate is powered, not when last gen is completed. Ik it doesn't seem like much of a distinction, but with rancor, if you close the hatch, it doesn't activate, because it specifically states that the last gen has to be completed. Noed will still activate after closing the hatch.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,667
    Options

If it's any consolation, his posts make me cringe, too.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

Killers aren't that much faster than survivors. Its why looping is as effective as it is.