I've got "-rep" for slugging as Pig

Options
Aztreonam78
Aztreonam78 Member Posts: 1,131

I guess the Pig is overpowered, unfun and frustrating to go against even for rank 1 Survivors because she has got crouching, ambush and head traps. TOO MUCH THINGS FOR JUST 1 POWER, this should be nerfed!

I did expect a comment with "tunnel killer" though I didn't really tunnel because they were being downed so quickly. But "slug pig"...

So, If I have momentum which is extremely hard to get in Red ranks especially as Pig with no snowball potential - I should just hook all you and lose it?

We played on farm, Fractured Cowshed - one of the most Survivor favored maps in the game. They were greedy at pallets, picking items in front of my face (franklins demise). They had a key and Brand New Part with commodious toolbox.

My perks were Bloodhound, Franklin, Nemesis and Play With Your Food. No gen defence - only two gens done. But no, I was just not playing nicely for cocky Survivor mains and should eat some #########..

Comments

• Hunter__
    Hunter__ Member Posts: 53
    Options

Care not about survivors - rep bs.

Play to win or have fun. Nothing else should matter unless you feel like it should. Remember this is a video game after all.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

I'm not a red ranked Pig, but still a decent Pig and all I can say is yes there is snowball and massive amounts. And that build is not one that I'd ever use.

Also slugging as Pig isn't a bad thing. If I accidentally ambush into a person who just got unhooked, I'll leave them. Free pressure and the other guy doesn't feel super frustrated about tunnelling.

PSA for any Pigs out there: Just don't tunnel trapped survivors ever. You are wasting your free pressure. Even if they only have the trap on for a few seconds. They are not healing, working on generators or doing totems in that time.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

You lost me at fractured cow shed being one of the most survivor sided maps. That is by no means survivor sided. Especially compared to Haddonfield and Ormont. Cow shed is actually quite favorable unless you get too many pallets by the one loop.

Pig is anything but OP. Unfortunately, many run her as a camper or tunneling killer and her strength comes from keeping numbers off of gens. Sometimes that means slugging. Traps plays slugging is a good way to slow a gen rush down.

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285
    Options
  • Warlock_2020
    Options

Kill rate is still over 50%. I would not count that as survivor sided. Pig tree is all in how you play it. There are a lot if unsafe loops on that map and 2 strong loops. I like when the pig tree is in the middle because it's easier to peel off and hit unsuspecting survivors on a nearby gen.

Think like a survivor on that map and you'll find yourself liking it more.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480
    Options

Unless you're mori-ing off first hook + instant down and then calling me dumb in the end game chat like what just happened in my last game, I wouldn't be giving -rep. I don't get some people.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

By this logic, no map is Survivor-sided according to those statistics. That simply ain't true.

• Warlock_2020
    Options

Well, considering I played over 20 matches tonight and the only time the map became the issue is when I faced 4 man SWFs. These maps are not bad when facing a 2 man and 2 solos, or 4 solos. No map is an issue in those matches. When you face a 4 man SWF, maps can be an issue. I think that is where we get confused and obfuscate the map issue with all survivors as opposed to SWF. I had about 5 matches on that map tonight. In all but one I had a 4k. The one I did not, you got it, 4 man SWF. The map is a pain when dealing with a coordinated group. I also struggled pretty bad vs SWF on Badham. That school loop is a pita when you have 4 coordinated survivors. I had the same map with 4 solos and 4k'ed with 4 gens left.

It is not so much the map as it is the groups that know how to use every corner of every map. That goes into a question of overall balance. Buff Solos, buff killers, tweak larger maps/strong loops.

• TAG
    Options

Basically, what you're saying is that Survivors need to know how to break the maps. That still puts the problem at the maps being unbalanced in the first place.

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054
    Options

Who cares what others think

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options
  • R3V3RS3R
    R3V3RS3R Member Posts: 3
    Options

If you play a little better or more strategic.. You get frequently reported and ######### comments on your Steam page.

I started instant blocking and removing ######### comments on my profile. I guess we get used to it with time but yes it's a kind of harassment players suffer after game and I'm not sure if @Behaviour is aware about this kind of abuse and toxicity between players!

Stay strong and see you in the Fog! 😉

• Mo4ntus
    Mo4ntus Member Posts: 416
    Options
  • Warlock_2020
    Options

Not at all what I'm saying. I'm saying SWF combined with the game being balanced around solo play is the problem. Though large maps are a pain for some killers, it is exacerbated by coordinated groups of survivors. If you are facing the average group of solo survivors on Fractured Cowshed and getting owned, it's not due to the map. That map becomes a problem when it's a SWF.

Furthermore, if you actually read my post you would see I am calling for buffs to killers and solo survivor as well as tweaks to those loops in order to balance them.

I don't get the blind emotional bias that affects the reading comprehension of so many on this forum.

• CrispyChestnuts
    CrispyChestnuts Member Posts: 175
    Options

Just throwing this out there, the safest map says right there it is over 50%, but consensus reality is that some maps favor survivors.

• CrispyChestnuts
    CrispyChestnuts Member Posts: 175
    Options

You said those maps when played by four man swf groups are enough to prevent the 4k. If this is only true for some maps, then that is what is meant by the term "survivor sided map".

• Aura_babyy
    Aura_babyy Member Posts: 583
    Options

Pig is just obviously OP

-rep!!!!

• Warlock_2020
    edited March 2020
    Options

It's true for all maps (vs SWF), larger ones more than others. Survivor sided would mean the survivor has more chance than the killer, at least to me. Vs no SWF I don't think any map is that way. I 4I on all maps pretty regularly unless it's 4 man swf.

• TAG
    edited March 2020
    Options

No, you actually are saying that it depends on Survivors knowing how to break the map, even if you don't really realize it. Yes, you are saying a bunch of other stuff about solo vs. SWF (which is legit, to be fair, as there is at least some correlation between the size/number of SWF players on a given Survivor team and how one-sided certain maps become), but the stuff you are saying about your experience with the games still pretty much highlights that Survivors who are able to take advantage of the bad map design makes things hell for many Killers. The thing is that solo players are more at the mercy of one or more potatoes mucking it all up in a way that the solo players have little to no control over, whereas a SWF team can compensate for that greatly with comms. But that doesn't change the fact that solo or SWF, it is the good Survivors who are able to break those maps while the bad ones make it more so the Killer can still potentially win despite the map imbalance. It is still possible for a team of solid solo Survivors to take advantage of the poor map designs, though there is little argument that a SWF team is absolutely more able to abuse it to the fullest extent.

I didn't say anything about your comments for buffing Killers/solo Survivors because my focus was still on how map design is IMO the biggest fundamental problem in the game right now.

• Warlock_2020
    Options

Has nothing to do with breaking the map. It has more to do with the limitations of the killer vs a coordinated team. Buffs are needed to equal it out. Some map sizes are an issue for slow killers as well.

• Kbot22
    Kbot22 Member Posts: 96
    Options

The only thing I don't like about pig is the fact that you can get completely screwed by rng both ways. Either you get screwed as killer and everyone gets their trap off first try or you're always unlucky like me and it's always the last box. I have gone against the pigs with the added box add ons and I had to go through all 6 boxes.

• TAG
    Options

It does have a lot to do with breaking the map, though.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options

The - or + rep system on Steam was(is?) mainly used by traders more than anything else. If you don't trade on Steam it shouldn't really do anything at all, tbh.

• Zamblot
    Zamblot Member Posts: 270
    Options

Why do you care? Why do you make a post on it? It's no secret that the dbd community is extremely toxic... It shouldn't surprise you that someone would negative rep you eventually, no matter what you do. You can literally just delete the comment, I don't see the need to make a whole post about it...

• Number22
    Number22 Member Posts: 27
    Options

Because some people need to whine and [female dog]. The amount of crying and complaining on this forum is ridiculous. A lot of the posts are sickening and biased up the wazoow, from both sides. I think the saddest part is that all the whining and strongly worded posts on here amount to little to no change. It's just a bunch of salty players expressing their feelings and receiving validation from other salty players.