2»

Comments

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

or maybe people just wanna play with friends

u should try it sometime

• Rouge
    Rouge Member Posts: 102

Have you guys thought of a pinging system similer to apex or something? Possibly pre-made chat options like smite? That would bypass the language barrier and allow the game to be balanced around SWF.

• Junebug
    Junebug Member Posts: 64

people's desires are used to sell them products, my guy

• DisappointedUser
    DisappointedUser Member Posts: 420

You do realize that buffing killers and solo players is the exact same as punishing SWF right?

• chenais
    chenais Member Posts: 69

@BigTimeGamer ok now I can guess the answers to these questions.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

No, it's not. It merely brings everyone else to their level.

• poweredbycookies
    poweredbycookies Member Posts: 2

When all the killers stop playing they won't have to worry about playing with their friends. Not fixing the imbalance is going to kill the game.

• nimesulide
    nimesulide Member Posts: 39

Well, if they would add nerf to SWF groups, then I just couldn't play with my friends, because we're not boosted or toxic at all, just playing for fun.

So yes, it would definitely solve one problem, but create another for the average SWF players.

As a killer what I do, is that I wait for the last gen to pop - try to do some of my objectives meanwhile - , and then I go to the exit gate and open it to trigger the end-game collapse.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

This is what happens when you balance around the lowest common denominator. Don't nerf X because it would be unfair to player A, meanwhile SWF sweat squad over there is more than happy to abuse said broken mechanic that is in place for inexperienced people but benefits them. Don't get me wrong, I don't blame SWF for abusing unbalanced stuff, it's not their fault the devs leave it in the game. There are ways to balance SWF but it would likely require changes to the core of the game which is why I believe the devs have yet to and will never change how SWF works nor balance it. They will continue to balance the game around solo survivors so best to just accept that if a SWF is good enough, you cannot beat them no matter how good of a player you are, it's simply outside the ability of the killers to do it.

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656
    edited May 2020

This is a weird and inaccurate way to try and justify nerfing survivors. But whatever, buddy.

• OutcastEric
    OutcastEric Member Posts: 495

The thing now is that we cant even tell what's a swf lobby or not one bc everyone joins in at the same time. Bringing a mori would be complete guess work at this point

• BestGame
    BestGame Member Posts: 69

How bad ? Very bad for killer. But, very good for that SWF survivors, of course.

They don't need perk like kindred , spine chill, alert, or any other perk with killer information.

They can split juke killer and gen rush very efficiently .

They can use perk and communicate efficiently also.

" He, I am in the locker near the killer shake just lure there in case you dying in front of my locker, I will use head on."

" He's going after you bro. I can see him going near your gen using Object of Obsession. Just go and let the gen."

" Open the gate and then save me. I have Decisive strike."

" The hag place trap near me. Bro, you have borrow Time, Please save me !"

" Killer is chasing me. Do gens guys."

In the end if killer don't pretty skilled will get punish by SWF team

especially SWF with team chat program ( discord, team speak , steam chat, etc )

• Dzeikor
    Dzeikor Member Posts: 704

some people just cant be taken seriously,just ignore him

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
    edited May 2020

If I'm no longer spending Bloodpoints on a killer because that killer's already maxed out, I'll eventually run out of mori's.

They should just give the killer a free mori when facing SWF.

• Yellow mori when facing 2 members (can only be used on the SWF members)
    • Green mori when facing 3 members or 2 groups of 2 (can only be used on Survivors in a SWF)
    • Red mori when facing 4 members

They also need to show which Survivors are in SWF groups so that you can avoid wasting your own mori (unless you want to mori the non-SWF Survivors).

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

That's a terrible idea. We should never use Moris as the solution to playing against SWF. Not everyone is a goddamn Kill/Bully Squad.

• UseTheValve
    UseTheValve Member Posts: 350

I don't want comm in this game, it wasn't intended for that in the first place, the only SWF exist is because it boost the game sales it's normal that the devs wants to keep it in but if you keep saying you want to bring solo to SWF level I'm out.

Like all these game would become with voice comm at high level would be a BT/DS/Unbreakable all day everyday.

The game is way more fun at least for me when playing solo and ######### around with all the perks I want.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

I just think the problem is overstated. I do still think they need to do something about match speeds when facing a 4 man swf, if you have a 4 man thats efficient at doing gens youre not slowing them down, period. But overall, one game to the next, thats rare enough. I probably get one of those once every 5 games or so at rank 1.

You have to keep in mind to not all swfs are good, and even if they are good they arent necessarily great.

Heres a good rule of thumb, if 3 gens pop when you get your first down, do your best to get someone in the basement because youre not stopping the gens. Getting them in the basement gives you your best chance. And its not the teams that flock to body block and flashlight save you have to worry about. Those are easier, its the teams that dgaf about your hook and finish their gens. This is why getting someone in the basement is important in this situation. The gens are already gone. Its done. Get them to the basement and force them to be altruistic if they want to save their friend.

If you cant get that person in the basement, find someobe, push them towards basement, down them put them in basement. Expect the borrowed time, slap the unhooker instead of the person theyre about to unhook. If they all flock to the basement focus on getting one of them down and slap as many others as you can.

Ive had success doing this against these teams, not the 4k, thats probably not happening, but ill take 1 or 2 just fine.

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533
    edited May 2020

The funny part is that I run Bond in a 4 man red rank SWF and its actually still helpful. When someone calls out they need help, I can just run over to them, they don't have to try to badly explain where they are on the map and have me guess the general location.

Voice Chat is great for knowing who's getting chased and the general area of where the Killer is. Kinda like everyone has Object with no drawback. But finding teammates still kinda feels like you have a blindfold on and can take longer than it should sometimes.

• ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG
    ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG Member Posts: 359

Dont pretend like 4 people being able to communicate across the map and everyone being able to pin point exactly where the killer is just by one person saying "the killer is after me!!!!" doesn't give them an advantage of course it does even if 2 high rank survivors are just playing casually in a party chat they can still do all these things with ease. Maybe they wont win everygame but even just a little communication will make the killer sweat.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

The issues i have with SWF are the fact you cant reasonably buff solos to SWF level without Immediately doing the same for killers. If one gets buffed without the other the game Would slow to a crawl because people (solos or.killers) would leave in droves. Give killer +5% movespeed per person in the SWF And the solo can have some other buff (i dont play solo enough to know what to add) only when working with an swf

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522

Every time SWF comes up people talk about, "Yeah, but some groups are still bad anyway, so it's not a big deal."

I still wonder if people would feel that way about big killer advantages. Give killers a 5th perk and would people say, "Sure, but some killers are bad and will still lose! And a good killer would beat you with 4 perks anyway! So 5th perk is fine."

Probably not!

The fact is that SWF is an economic reality more than anything else. I'd say there's about a 99% chance that the devs know that it's a huge advantage but won't say so openly, of course, and can't do much about it. It's just something we all get to deal with.

• Mekochi
    Mekochi Member Posts: 942

You're the one who DCed though, if you think they're doing SWF, leave then, no one told you to stay. If you're already in a match just go afk it by looking in a corner, when gens are all done, force survivors out by opening exit gate. Cuz no one forced you to DC. You did that yourself.

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 889

The problem is the voice comm, and that you don't know if the swf is playing with voice comm at all. Swf without voice comm isn't that OP, the only advantages it gives them is:

• you know which skill level all your teammates have
    • you can set up your perks so they synergize with each other
    • you can make up a basic matchplan ("we do the gen in the middle first", "i run the killer around", "i have BT, so i go for unhooks")
    • drawback: they tend to be very altruistic and help each other even in situations where they should just leave

i sometimes play in a 4 man swf without voice comm (because of language barrier) and we lose against better killers as much as i lose against better killer when i play solo.

But i was playing in a 2-man swf with voice comm for 1 month or so... even just 2 people with voice comm gives you an incredible advantage, i don't wanna know how OP a 4 man voice comm squad is. Sometimes we just wanted to chill and talked stupid #########, but if we wanted to win, we told each other what was going on around us constantly. Which killer is it? Where are you? Where is the killer? Which generators are being worked on currently? Where are some pallets left? What are our 2 team members doing? I saw a burning totem there! Let's meet at place xy for healing! let's meet at crucial generator xy for repairing! i go to this exit gate, lets meet there!

And let's not talk about all that "advanced" stuff like "i'm in the left locker at killer shack, lead him there for head on", we didn't try that...

Sure, if the killer is way better than you in chases, no voice comm can help you but it definitely gives you an tactical advantage over the killer, and that's only 2 people! That's why i dodge every lobby where all survivors come from the same country, when i play killer.

• Wonderz
    Wonderz Member Posts: 8

I think that SWF should just be private. So solo queueing is always solo.So that if you want to play with your friends, it's always going to be private.

Or some sort of nerf of course.

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,110

That would depend are we talking the swf that are there to have a good time or the swf whose entire goal is to bully/ruin the killers day. I personally don't have anything against swf unless they're acting super toxic with 3-4 flashlights acting like pests.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

The thing is though, most solo q teammates are so unreliable that you basically have to swf, or take a chance that you get good teammates, which is rare.

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583

When was the lack of communication a core design concept? The game didn't come out in 2003 when the internet was barely coming into widespread use. The game came out in 2016, everyone and their gaming grandma has Discord or some way to communicate quickly and reliably.

It's not like this originally came out on the Wii U.