The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Do the same mods run this forum as the steam forum?

nipplesNchowder
nipplesNchowder Member Posts: 1
edited September 2018 in General Discussions

I got perma-banned because there was a thread on there with a critical opinion about the DLC releasing on Sept 11 and I said if I was Muslim I that I wouldn't be offended at all. One hour later I was legitimately perma-banned by a mod because of it. I made a detoxifying comment to a fair concern and even regrettably backed their HIGHLY QUESTIONABLE release date because I dont care about that stuff and just wanted the DLC

But now im not interested. I realize where this company is going.. I mean look at Deathgarden, and look at the state of their unhinged mods with zero respect for the people who PAY THEM. I buy the game on launch day and all the DLC, I buy multiple copies for my friends across multiple platforms, and this is how some rogue mod on a power trip repays me: by locking me out of the steam forums.

Not another dollar from me. Fix your SJW issue.

Comments

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

Just as an fyi buying the game gives you no special rights and or privileges to be offensive etc on any forum if that's what indeed happened. You buy the rights to use the game ie rent their characters usage unless and until you break their rules. The forums are no different and having been a mod they don't ban for just what you described.

If they did they'd have to overturn bans non stop, while the occasional one gets through it's rare someone goes power mad. You could easily contact Steam support and ask for it to be overturned and if you were wrongly banned they'll remove it.

• Nightmare247
    Nightmare247 Member Posts: 187

Did you get perma-banned from the forums or from the game?

If you get perma-banned in the game that is because you did something that was against the rules. A perma-ban on the forums does not mean an in-game ban.

If you said something hateful on the forums and happened to be banned in the actual game, that is most likely a coincidence and you most likely broke some in-game rule, maybe use of similar language.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    I seriously doubt you were innocent in all this. The mods are not out to get you.
  • Chiaki16
    Chiaki16 Member Posts: 17
    Pretty sure I saw your comment and it said “I am Muslim” not “if I was Muslim”. That could easily be construed as you baiting people who were effected by 9/11, which you definitely should be banned for.