"Devs: Adrenaline is fine"

Th3Nightmare
Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,266
edited March 2020 in General Discussions

Can you make the perk really balanced?

It is so simple that, if at the end of the game if you are exhausted, it does not give you the speed increase, but the heal does, easy?

and if you don't have exhaustion at the end that all five generators were repaired, you get both effects

Its so simple.

Comments

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I do. I think both need to be altered to avoid giving such a big momentum swing once the gens are done.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

The speed boost last for a couple of seconds. It's not like it gives you the speed to shoot from one side of the map to the other instantly.

• Th3Nightmare

Is it fine? When the survivor who is in chase, launches his exhaustion perks and the team repairs the 5 generators, also in exhausted state, grants speed and healing, of course, 10/10.

• Th3Nightmare

Noed its fine, cleansed 5 totems and done. Playing against 4 adrenalines has no counter, the only counter would be that the players who play adrenaline have a risk, right now there is no risk. Despite exhaustion, adrenaline kicks in and gives you both effects regardless of whether you are exhausted.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

That is fair then. They can both be op and change the game momentum.

I appreciate you seeing both sides as well.

• Kwikwitted
    Kwikwitted Member Posts: 641

Honestly Adrenaline is the least annoying out of all the second chance perks, and rarely is it a game changer.

Occasionally it brings a downed guy off the ground but unbreakable can do that too, the speed boost isn't very long.

It would be middling priority to change it, I'd rather see DS get re-worked into de-activating when I hook someone else way more.

• Clevite

You cant always get 5 totems by yourself. I mean there is a killer trying to catch and hook you during this time as well.

Plus unless your a 4 man swf you can only control what you see. Run a killer for 5 gennys and he gets to hook and camp you and some random totem until you die on first hook. Yeah that sounds balanced.

More like both are a bit op, I think that is the fairest way to see these perks.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    edited March 2020

NOED and Adrenaline are both fine. They both have their ways around them.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Adrenaline has always been fine. Honestly I've seen it used a lot less in the past 6 months at red ranks so I definitely don't think it needs touched now.

• Teshie
    Teshie Member Posts: 19

Noed has counterplay. Adrenaline nearly hasn't any.

The only counterplay i know against Adrenaline is dropping the Survivor if down'd.

• Clevite

Yeah but noed rewards failure to do objectives and adrenaline rewards completion of objectives.

Dont play the argument that it punishes you for not doing bones. Remember it wasn't a hex perk to begin with so that was not its intention.

• Mo4ntus
    Mo4ntus Member Posts: 416

Adrenaline is not that bad

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

Maybe you're forgetting that this is the game in which survivors have a perk that makes them immune to the killer for 60 seconds when they get unhooked.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

Both perks are fine.

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

LMAO, apparently a perk that: gives you free sprint burst, insta heals you, gives you free unbreakable, heals you after being unhooked and that works even while exhausted completely bypassing the exhaustion mechanics, it's balanced for everybody. yeah, totally not over-performing or a little too much strong with other meta perks...

and this probably comes from the same minds that think that dead hard is fine just because "you can wait and bait it" or just because dedicated servers sucks.

• Hsizzle
    Hsizzle Member Posts: 74

its fine. its a survivors reward for completing their objective successfuly, unlike noed where youre given a steroid for doing nothing.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060
    edited March 2020

You can counter Adrenaline by preventing 5 Gens being done.

Its a funny logic:

Adrenaline-->OP Perk

NOED-->Killer play only with 3 Perks!

Someone who uses Adrenaline also plays with 3 Perks, if he is dead before all Gens are done, there is 0 value for Adrenaline. When I used it, I mostly got it while healthy and not in chase, meaning it did exactly nothing (except for blocking my Exhaustion Perk).

Not saying that it cannot come in a really good situation, but I think Adrenaline is overrated.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,096

One thing I would do to Adrenaline is that it will permanently exhaust you when it activates, so you can no longer use any other exhaustion perk in the end game.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

I don't know but I thought noed was adrenaline's counter.

• SurviveByDaylight
    SurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 720

Survivor perks are all made to counter the million abilities they give to killers. Why should they make it even easier for them? I know people want to slow the game down but tbh every second I spend playing survivor is another second one of my teammates have lost a health state or are probably Just gonna die. Killers are really fast too and can easily find new targets where chases seemingly don’t last long majority of the time. And I see red and purple rank survivors. You’re over here complaining about a perk that allows them to have another chance because you probably left them to bleed out on the floor while you look for the other guy because you’re greedy about the kills. Trust me they need every chance they can muster to keep themselves alive when they give killers the ability to kill after just one hook. Or Michael Myers insta kill. I can count way more times I haven’t felt like I had a fair chance playing survivor than killer. It’s a PERK. That’s what perks do.

• Leyoyo
    Leyoyo Member Posts: 105

I play both side at red ranks , adrenaline is globally fine , maybe strong in a good swf but doesn't need nerf of any kind , maybe just when you are in a SWF only 2 people max can bring it but those kind of perk are good like inner strenght , This is rewarding you for being good and complete your goal like pop those kind of perk are great for the global state of the game

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134

na fam. it's fine. just don't fail your objective of defending the gens in the first place and u should be fine. it should even be easier considering the survivors you're going against wasted a perk slot for adrenaline.

• smappdooda
    smappdooda Member Posts: 544

Also, if you are on the hook when it procs, you don't get a full heal off the hook. That's some BS right there. You shouldn't be rewarded for being caught. It should be a gamble, not a guarantee. NOED, while being disliked, is a gamble. It might not work at the end if your team is diligent. Adrenaline should be the same way. It will work so long as you don't get caught.