Dc rates being down by 30% is underwhelming/disapointing

Options
Seltas0208
Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056

While it's good that the amount of dcing has gone down....it's not as good as its being portrayed to be. Let's throw in some numbers

If in 100 matches you had 4 dcs. Out of those 400 dcs only around...120 less people would be dcing after the penalty introduction. So that's 30 matches where nobody dced at all...

Additionally. These dc penalties only apply to killer and people who's games crash on them.

For survivor's who hit the disconnect button like wraith hits his bell all they have to do is die on the 1st hook. Achieves the same effect as dcing just that the killer gets some points. That's it.

The only way to remove this would to remove the struggling part of being hooked. That way you don't have to do anything to the escape attempt....

Actually. No. No it wouldn't be removed. Because once they were unhooked they'd just go afk or force the killer to hook them again.

How do you solve it then? Do what the conservatives did in the 1950's and bring about an age of blood point affluence.

Increase the blood point cap

Double all bloodpoints earned from scoring events

And decrease the cost of all items in the bloodweb by 20%

That way people will want to actually stay in the game to get more bp so that they can progress even more. It worked in the 50's for Britain so why can't it work for dbd? Because dbd is not Britain it didn't have a referendum that's taken God knows how long to actually being delivered on....albeit poorly from what it looks like but....

#bloodpointaffluence

Comments

• Seltas0208
    Options
  • johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793
    Options

Bloodpoints are a VERY SMALL factor to a lot of people, many people have everything maxed out if you think BP will significantly impact DC I hate to break it to you but no. I see people bring in their own BPS and then still DC as soon as they go down lol.

• Dolls
    Dolls Member Posts: 395
    Options

Dont remove the struggle. Just keep all players in the game until it ends. Even if you die you shouldn't be able to connect to a new game until your current game has ended.

Die on the hook if you want. But you still should have to stay in the game.

• AkimboJEsus
    AkimboJEsus Member Posts: 27
    Options

This is a pretty ass backwards way to do stats. All you did was describe what 30% means. Why are you assuming 100 matches where everyone dc's?

And going by your arbitrary metric, isn't it a good thing that we made 120/400 matches playable, where before everyone was just dcing all the time, according to you?

This isn't one of those moments where the statistics are misleading on paper. We have 30% less DC's. That's a significant reduction, and you can't really "misinterpret" those stats. But yes, if you frame things like you just framed them, you can make anything sound bad.

• Dolls
    Dolls Member Posts: 395
    Options

Why is it terrible? You come in as mates. You leave as mates.

• tortrader
    tortrader Member Posts: 539
    Options
  • Galklife
    Galklife Member Posts: 726
    Options

ok imagine that kind of scenario: youre survivor and get tunneled off the hook and green moried, so you have to sit and watch 3vs1 lobby? or just casual tunnel and watching 3vs1 for 5 mins xd

maybe that was brutal example so lets look at those "mates" i came into the game, you have 2 immerse piece of ...(players) that dont do anything in game only hide, you die because killer cant kill sth he cant see (and if killer doesnt have whispers he wont find p3 claudettes in corner that dont even dare to come close to gen) and you watch 2vs1 when both survs are hard blending and literally are keeping killer hostage because both survivors just wants hatch xd and waits for killer to find other surv

and btw about waiting for your "mates" that is already in game and its called SWF, so now youre going to tell all those killer mains here SWF is more fair than soloQ?

• 6yXJI0
    6yXJI0 Member Posts: 589
    Options

You can't prevent people from leaving the games in any way.

Its better to have them die on first hook, instead of dcing even before you picked them up.

• DisappointedUser
    DisappointedUser Member Posts: 420
    Options

Or... the reporting system actually does something. And they start matching hook DCers with other DCers and they can live in their rage quitting world together.

It is incredibly easy for them to tell who kills themselves on hook as a form of DC over an extended period of time.

• Wylesong
    Wylesong Member Posts: 642
    Options

I can say I personally know why people D/C though. Yes it is out of rage but I cannot say with honesty that I have not D/c or even let myself die on first hook. Slight out of rage but also because the killer wanted to tunnel or camp and I did not feel like rewarding that behavior by letting them farm BP by hooking me 3 times.

I had at least 2 games where the killer no joke would not hook me but instead drop then pick me up so I would be forced to get away then he would slug me again to get the chase points I was guessing. I will be honest and say I decided to D/C then because there was no fun to be had. I would have been 100% OKAY had he hooked me and moved on OR if my teammates even tried. I personally will stay in a game with campers because it gives my team time to do gens. The problem was after 4 minutes of this not one gen was done. I D/C and view the game and my team was hiding no wheres near gens while I was farmed for points for 4-5 minutes.

I do not promote one hook deaths are D/C BUT I do understand it sometimes. I rarely do it and I guess when I do it is out of rage but I am not normally mad when I do it but more thinking give me a team that tries. If I am gonna be camped on a hook PLEASE other survivors pop at least 1 GEN! The game has sadly become (at least in the past 2 or 3 weeks for me) a race to see what survivor gets the hatch. My most recent 3 games I have done 4 gens minimum if not all 5 and in at least one game been punished for this by a one hook death because my team open the gate and run.

I guess to sum it up I understand the frustration on both Killer and Survivor side but I get why SOME people do it. I HONESTLY hate doing it because I hate loading a game up and all that only to decide D/C is better than what is currently happening in the match but I do not do it more than maybe once or twice a week.

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977
    Options

Rofl what?... Nothing would prevent me from CTRL+ALT+Deleting.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    Options

You actually do not understand why people DC. Do you even play this game OR do you just trash talk about survivors?

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

LAUGHS IN XBOX

• Ghostwithaface
    Ghostwithaface Member Posts: 594
    Options

That sounds like it would be awful. To someone who die super early on in the game, due to the killer targeting them, plain bad luck or just got out play every single time. Sure it might not sound so bad to be force to sit there, if everyone else dies quickly as well but if the game just keeps dragging out for some reason or another. It like, if i wanted to watch others play. I could go on youtube for that. I want to play the game myself. Since if i die super early on, i can collect my blood points and hop onto the next game for more blood points. To unlock that perk i want for Bill or David or The Ghost Face.

Not everyone plays with friends. Some play solo, so to them, they are being forced to watch total random strangers play the game. Unless they are wondering how the match turns out, due to say dying or escaping near the end, wondering if the others made it out. Which would be due to a choice they made. Forcing people to do something against their will, normally doesn't lead to good results. Since this is a video game, they can always stop playing the game, if it forces them into doing something they don't wanna do.

• Boludosattendant
    Boludosattendant Member Posts: 71
    Options

Bruh, new "DC" es like this:

1-Enter the game.

2-Make noise (drop pallet, vault window, etc).

3-When killer is near, find a hook.

4-Teabag under the hook.

5-Get hooked.

6-Take your chances off the hook.

7-U ARE DEAD. CONGRATS! (it takes you 1 min)

NEXT GAME!

• Seltas0208
    Options

Do you ever take a moment to think "hey. I've got no valid point to make so ill just try to insult this person who's opinion I don't agree with" before commenting? Or do you just talk trash about everyone who thinks that this game is unbalanced event slightly in the survivors favour?

I do understand why people dc. But if you give them an incentive to stay in the match instead of dcing or suiciding on hook early it's likely to at least have some impact on people quitting early.

• FearedbytheGods
    FearedbytheGods Member Posts: 476
    Options

It's the killer echo room on this forum, guys like him are a dime a dozen here unfortunately.

Really appreciate your post because these types of discussions were had by a number of people before the d/c penalty was even enabled. People were talking then that the devs should focus on WHY people d/c rather than straight punishing people for it.

I suspect they either didn't care or knew it was going to be complicated.

Remembering of course too that killers have recently had to face a number off nerfs due to their 70%+ kill rate and not being used to hard nerfs, killers have nerd raged hard the last few months. Just look at Tru (streamer) in action, despite his continual 4k's every game.

Anyway I suspect they introduced d/c penalty to appease killers, rather than looking at solutions to keep everyone interested in staying in the game.

It really has switched from d/c penalties to suicide/afk, the devs solved nothing.

GJ Devs -.-

• FearedbytheGods
    Options

What's the criteria for that 30% rate being down?

My first thought is that its a type of misnomer, because people can't d/c if they are time penalised. Basically the people who d/c are playing less.

• SurviveByDaylight
    SurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 720
    Options

yeah that’s discouraging people from wanting to play even more. At that point just uninstall the game. Idk why people insist on someone doing something about people DCing by enforcing stricter punishments. But that’s not gonna make people wanna play your game anymore. Instead rather you should be searching for a solution to making both sides a little happier. As a killer I don’t feel like DCing Bc I’m getting gen rushed. Trust me I still get 2-4 people every game. I could care less if I don’t get everyone or if all of them got out. As long as it’s not bad enough to where I can’t find a single person. But at that point I’m pretty sure that’s just me being a bad killer. So idk why you would DC as a killer. It is stressful at times, but you’re in charge of match duration. Not survivors. I feel sympathy most for survivors because they’re the ones in more matches than killers to have their game cut short from hook camping and ebony Mori’s. If you’re not gonna let the survivors get off and heal what’s the point in continuing to play? That’s why DCing is understandable. Rather, the dev team should be trying to discourage that or rework things that allow people to keep playing. Otherwise the penalty for the killer is loss of rank and points. It’s just not how the game should be designed. It’s designed for you to keep all of them under control. But no, people want to be lazy as killer and hide, stalk, be undetectable, hide in a bush. It ruins the game for everyone. Why play if I’m only getting 2-5K blood points I agree. Even though you’re also correct about them not being everything, I think they still mean something to people. At least it won’t feel like a complete waste of time.

• SurviveByDaylight
    SurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 720
    Options

Ebony Moriiiiiiiiii

number 1 suspect - needs to go or get reworked imo. They cut toolboxes into shreds. Why not the Mori 🤷‍♂️ Just sayin. Slow that down a bit. It’s sad because I play with my friend all the time but when we start seeing back to back ebony Mori’s the mood in the party chat regresses into a “I think I’m gonna get off” conversation. Then he doesn’t feel like getting back on . It’s a love hate. Next day he gets on and he’s ready to go 😂 I don’t get it. One thing you’re not supposed to do is prevent people from playing your game or discourage the drive to keep playing. Don’t make people feel hopeless. It’s just not that serious. I’ve had some good scares and cherish-able moments in DBD but when I see how filthy some of these killers can get I lose interest. If I queue up for a game I want my 3 hooks. Just sayin.

• Ghostwithaface
    Options

You talk about a killer echo chamber but you also have no proof it was due to them, the dc punishment happen. Since survivor dcing doesn't just effect the killer you know. It effects the rest of the survivors, since they are now down a man. One less person to body block, do gens or run the killer around.

• FearedbytheGods
    Options

The net result?

Killers get a hook and more points, then watch as the survivor suicides/afk.

The net result of that decision is something better for killers and still the same crap for the survivors that are a man down.

If you think that BENEFITS survivors, then you're just arguing about a different dog with different fleas because it does nothing for them.

• Ghostwithaface
    Options

Where did i say it benefits survivors? I said it effects them as well. I do not recall anywhere stating, losing a man is positive. I clearly stated, one less person to body block, do gens or run the killer around. If anything, that sound like it would be negative, to me at least. Maybe i didn't make myself clear last time. Since you have one less person who can take a hit to protect others, one less person to do the main objective of getting gens done and one less person to chase the killer around aka giving time to the other survivors to do stuff. That is bad thing for survivors, since their odds of a successful escape when down.

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776
    Options

People hook suicide when no gens are done in the first chase and they see survivors doing literally nothing constructive when they go on the hook.

It is better to die and move onto the next game in this situation than get tilted by stupidity.

• LetsPlayTogether
    Options

You obviously do not udnerstand anything, and you never ever any reasonable point to begin with. Those people dont want to play for certain reasons. There is no incentive to give someone who doesnt want to play.

• Hsizzle
    Hsizzle Member Posts: 74
    Options

what kind of garbage suggestion is that. so i need to wait 25 minutes for the blendette to be finally caught after iv been killed in an asemetrycal game and be forced to stay and not queue again? good thing devs dont listen to this forum

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503
    Options

Whiny babies will be whiny babies, unfortunately.

• Seltas0208
    Options

Alright then negative Nancy, you keep telling yourself that and maybe one day it'll come true.

As for you point about there being no incentive : no there isn't. Not at the moment. That's why they need to introduce one.

But if blood points aren't enough. Do something with iridescent shards.

• FearedbytheGods
    Options

Right, so you're agreeing with my initial statement or agreeing with the OP or both.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650
    Options

Increasing bloodpoints won't stop people from dc'ing. Most players don't care about bloodpoints until a new killer/survivor is announced.

Just apply an instant 30 minute ban that most games do. Applying only 5 minutes for your first few dc's is like the devs saying it's okay to dc but only a couple of times.

• LetsPlayTogether
    Options

They dont care for incentives. Whats so hard to understand here?

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984
    Options

You cant force a person to play the game if they don't want to. What the DC penalty does is that it weeds out some of those people, so you don't have to go into a lobby with them. The positive thing from it is not that people DC 30% less, but that you're put in a lobby with people who DC every other game a lot less frequently, because a lot of these people are already banned or sitting out a long timer.

Regarding the BP rewards, I would personally be against that. What brings me back to the game is the grind and the feeling that I'm playing towards a goal. If you significantly increase the bloodpoint gain and the size of the bloodwebs people will max out all of their chars in no time and a lot of us will have much less motivation to come back to the game

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

I feel like I’ve missed something. Where is 30% coming from?

• Seltas0208
    Options

Devs made a Twitter post saying dcing has decreased by 30%

• Splinterverse
    Splinterverse Member Posts: 445
    Options

The problem has only shifted to survivors suiciding on the hook, which of course, will take years for BHVR to address if ever. The statistics they released were an attempt to make us think it's a good thing or that it's safe to come back for those who left because of DCs. It's all PR.