What do you consider to be the most toxic action a player can do?

Options
whammigobambam
whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

What do you consider to be the most toxic action a player can do? 96 votes

As survivor, DC on first down
20%
PuggyMohawkAcesthetiicJayjaygrayon444Keo2018TaigaGam1ngga5tlyRaven014fly_172Mattie_MayhemOGthemirrortwinLavalinater9209Kagari_LehafairfieldismsEmpathyModuleFblthpPestilence27pizzamessLarikalAwkward_Fiend 20 votes
As killer, DC at match start
1%
Aneurysm 1 vote
As survivor, spam quick actions until the killer comes
11%
myers_obsessionAdelooGnomeuSteenGooierABannedCatoTechnicMigrantTheGreat909Yanthegamer558ToastyyPok 11 votes
As killer, purposefully run applications in background to manipulate survivors into not being able to play due to lag and inaction
10%
arslaNUnnamed_FreakSunaIIanuEnderloganYTmrmeowskeeenHalloween2005FamicxraspberryprincessTheCrookedmanvalakDwoot 10 votes
As survivor, teabag at the exit gates if the killer did really poorly in the match and is clearly ready to move on
18%
TapeKnotInnCognitoMegMain98xEaWalker_of_the_fog_96musstang62FilledPizzaLordRegaltenoresaxDreaded_Wraith887HazDaBoijzlm1815bubbasbasementchestBelegarTFjawbreakerinagoKerkDellerOwlzey 18 votes
As killer, facecamp first down and slug any over anxious heroes until that first hook is dead and gone
8%
YucchiPlanetJuke420whammigobambamzmassanitherikoGabbieBenJCZletathe 8 votes
As survivor, farm any body and everybody with no borrowed time, with no regard for your own survival
3%
ThatGuyFromThatPlaceDarFirghostfaceisthegoat 3 votes
As killer, ebony mori + pink add ons + proxy tunnel
10%
TheLegendDyl4n1AxX7891Mert_MKAzurlynxtoxicmeggDebridgedArtsy_Chipkate_mainppo8820Fobbo 10 votes
As survivor, bring a powerful item and use it to its full potential
1%
TheChinCollector 1 vote
Other
14%
BossASpazNamedSteveOnryosTapeRentalsAven_FallenKillermainBTWm8rch614PigsterBrucecastro81DetailedDetrimentJohnNorwich19623ThisGuuy83first_lightingDemogordon_RamsaySirCracken 14 votes

Comments

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options
    Other

Cheating/hacking is probably the most toxic thing.

• whammigobambam
    Options
    As killer, facecamp first down and slug any over anxious heroes until that first hook is dead and gone

Yes not much time has passed since I posted this and I already see good options for the other option such as, survivor sides with killer sandbags teammates, tracks them with bond, uses them as bait for their own survival.

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609
    Options
    Other

Being salty after teabagging

• Kagari_Leha
    Kagari_Leha Member Posts: 555
    Options

know i already voted for dcing on first down, basically dooming the match for the others survivors and not giving a good match for the killer, but post-game chat insults are pretty much the same level (or in other, the whole swf team dcing after one of them dcs, making basically the match end instantly with everyone unpiping, unhappy, losing items and add-ons and offerings thrown away for nothing)

i even encountered survivors that dc on first down, then wait the whole match to insult everyone in the post-game chat

• whammigobambam
    Options

The DC has really gotten out of hand. Over the course of the year I've seen it get worse and worse, yellow and green ranks are the absolute worst. Lobby dodging is mainly a red rank problem in my opinion but I feel comfortable saying that these game stalling actions are not as toxic as thought out actions that just want to ruin the game for others. While the DC does do harm at least I'm not gen rushing a killer standing still at the hook again unless of course the toxicity over exceeds itself and you experience one of these toxic actions because of another of these toxic actions.

Sometimes I question, where does it end?

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    Options
    Other

Exploiting a bad bug as much as you can for an advantage is pretty damn scummy.

• Kagari_Leha
    Kagari_Leha Member Posts: 555
    Options

You know, I feel like there's no real scale of toxicity, all of the toxic actions you can do have the same consequence : frustrating everyone else

so it can be pretty much everything it can even go to bad matchmaking and memeing as some people dont like having fun in the game and dont like to face someone who's having fun

tho i would say there's a difference between making a mistake and being toxic, as most new survivors for example will farm unhooks unvoluntarily because, well, they dont know the timing, it's not being toxic or something.

So toxicity would be doing something voluntarily to ruin the other side's enjoyment of the game

like facecamping, being annoying to the others, insulting other people, dcing on down, using the most broken combinations to get a 90% of 4Ks (like Spirit Prayer beads Noed facecamping Ebony Mori), tea-bagging in a not funny way etc

there's so much ways you can ruin the game for someone it's quite impressive actually, and most (even insulting in post-game chat let's be honest) wont lead to a ban, so it also asks another question, what could be done to prevent that sort of behaviour ?

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    As survivor, teabag at the exit gates if the killer did really poorly in the match and is clearly ready to move on

I am very confused that there are people who imitate Ochido or the old Noob3, or some fog wisperers.

• ppo8820
    ppo8820 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    As killer, ebony mori + pink add ons + proxy tunnel

Honestly they’re all toxic af and seen daily in dbd.

• rch614
    rch614 Member Posts: 551
    Options
    Other

As far as things that are legal in the game, mori channel spam / slugging until bleed out when game is already over.

Anything against the rules is more toxic though. Especially hacking.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    Options
    As survivor, spam quick actions until the killer comes

You physically can't ignore it. The loud noise notifications are so loud you are basically a deaf killer. Only way to counter it is turning sound off, but then you are, well, a deaf killer too.

There really should be a cooldown on it, or someway to mitgrate the sound volume of them.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    edited December 2019
    Options

This would be the biggest toxic move you can do (without hacking, and my opinion). It denies the killer points (or perks if you’re the obsession), and screws over your teammates.

If I see a dc in a game, I’ll be willing to go easy or farm with the remaining survivors, as a big middle finger to the one that left. I can’t stand it when they do that.

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 720
    Options

I always TEABAG at the exit gates and do "The butt dance" to provoke the killer. Even on pallets being put down.

Another toxic move is to put the pallet down, crouch and do a "nod" of yes to killers. its FUNNY.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,907
    Options

Other than exploiting it cheating it has to be this.

If a killer obviously wants you to leave and be done with the match but you continuously teabag at the exit gates and vault over pallets and flashlight spam, you’re just being an immature child and a poor sportsman.

I don’t even feed into it when playing killer. I break pallets and walk around the map while they act stupid on the other side.

It doesn’t affect me personally because somebody spamming a button shouldn’t personally affect you, but it’s the survivors own way of saying “screw you”.

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303
    Options
    Other

Swf's mega teams...

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,593
    Options
    Other

Trashtalking in Endgame Chat, especially after a pretty fair Match.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    Options
    Other

I feel that ivory mori tunneling one specific survivor that was you giving you the hardest time to be toxic.

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Other

Teabagging is annoying. Shaking your head after tunneling someone into the ground is annoying. Pointing is annoying. Mori spam is annoying. But one thing these all have in common is that they’re all visual, and though annoying, they are not an aesthetically unpleasant stimuli.

The sound of a flashlight being clicked, however, creates what is in my opinion the most infuriating sound in the entire game. It physically makes my head hurt. It’s an ugly, unpleasant, uncomfortable noise being broadcasted because it’s such an audible irritant. I hate the sound of flashlight clicking so much that it will almost always cause me to DC. I could be farming, or on the road to a 5 gen 4k, or playing Survivor and seeing a teammate be toxic—no matter the scenario, I immediately want to leave the second that atrocious sound touches my ears.

So I would say flashlight clicking is the most toxic thing you can do.

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Other

The only thing that I'd argue is toxic is hurling insults in the end game chat. It is easy to deflect players being "toxic" in the actual game because you can counter what they are doing, (depending on your team/build), but otherwise it's better just to close the chat and move on to the next salt-fest.

Not like there's ever a shortage of them.

• shadowwings8810
    shadowwings8810 Member Posts: 28
    Options

Salty text messages