Is there any killer that legit scares you in dbd?

Options
ppo8820
ppo8820 Member Posts: 763

I’ll admit Michael Meyers gets me every time. I’m not easily scared in video games and no other killers in dbd can jump scare me like Meyers. The creep, the white face stalking, and if he’s using the jump scare build, I can’t handle it.

I know ghost face is similar but he’s just more annoying vs. scary.

Which killer has jump scared you the most?

Comments

• oTechnic
    oTechnic Member Posts: 120
    Options

The shape, The nurse (only if it is a good nurse) The ghostface can make me panic and jumpscare me sometimes.

• RememberIt
    RememberIt Member Posts: 7
    Options

The shape, because every single time I am always picked off gen because i don't hear nothing. Which is why I love spine chill :D

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    edited May 2020
    Options

A good Nurse on a non-open map can terrify me to bits.

Edit: Don't see these anymore, and her nerf made it so that my answer is now "no". A shame, really.

Post edited by Kind_Lemon on
  • Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238
    Options

I love playing Myers because I get so many jumpscares. Often I'll sneak up on someone and they'll stand still for a few seconds after they get hit, and other times they'd fail a skill check when they see me coming up to them (I know they're just getting screwed by RNG but it's still funny to watch). I often get messages in the post-game chat about how I scared them, which I'm always happy to hear. It's what I play this game for.

I do still get scared sometimes as survivor. I often jump whenever I think a killer is in one place when I'm actually walking right up to them lol

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238
    Options

Did you forget to make the poll btw?

• Xenoraptor_Rose
    Xenoraptor_Rose Member Posts: 7
    edited January 2020
    Options

Hag and Michael especially.

Stepping on a Hag trap actually makes me jump out of my skin, whilst seeing Michael behind a tree staring at me while I'm doing a gen is an "oh s word" moment.

• Pumpkin_King
    Pumpkin_King Member Posts: 22
    Options

I think the scream of the Oni really gets my attention. The Demogorgon is nice when he is coming out of the portal, that raises the intensity quite a bit. But sadly this game is not really focused on fear and scaring elements. The Survivors just have to much information to really get scared. It might even be scarier to play killer because you never know if there's a head on survivor waiting in that locker xd

• Pok
    Pok Member Posts: 100
    Options

Ghostface always make me jump the most. And the most creepy of all stays the Doctor for me, especially with the skin with eyes everywhere.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Hag.

And not because of her jumpscares, i don't see jumpscares as something scarY.

Good Hags are what terrify me.

• Kyle1234
    Kyle1234 Member Posts: 24
    Options

Leatherface when I am in the basement.

• Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,110
    Options

Ghostface because of how terrible his reveal mechanics are; I swear he is always working against me no matter what side I play

• drimmalor
    drimmalor Member Posts: 909
    Options

Hag and Ghostface. Myers is only bad on indoor maps, but Ghostface crouching around and Hag traps jumping out of nowhere get me every time. I started running Spine Chill for the sake of my heart 😅

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options

Hag.

Shudders

• Mang_Anwar
    Mang_Anwar Member Posts: 56
    Options

Hag always got me...

• fairfieldisms
    fairfieldisms Member Posts: 43
    Options

The Hag, I always get jumpscares ;;;

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,779
    Options

Michael Myers. I believe in the boogeyman!!!

• ohgod
    ohgod Member Posts: 23
    edited February 2020
    Options

The doctor.

You just fixing a gen, then you hear a skillcheck noise. No biggie, you say. Then it's a counter clockwise in the corner skillcheck, ye fail it and then you're on the hook.

Also the pig:

She's a killer q u e e n

Knock out and the face masks

Escape blocks and the glory basks

She'll teabag your corpse, any t i m e

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited February 2020
    Options

Gameplay wise I'm always on edge against Ghostface, and really any of the stealth killers but the most on Ghostface because he's the best and most likely to catch you out out of all of them.

Fear factor wise I remember thinking The Spirit was the most disturbing and freaky killer who was truly horrifying on release. The statement still stands.

If I saw them IRL: I'd actually say Clown. I don't mess with that crap man Clowns are creepy. A huge fat one who probably killed a guy and stole his clothes and is using chemical gas to disorient me and maybe knock me out would be ######### intense.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    Options

Hag and any other stealth killer will make me jump. Hag is annoying after a while but Ghostface will always scare the hell out of me.

• shadowwings8810
    shadowwings8810 Member Posts: 28
    Options

Always Micheal Myer The creepy mofo X'D

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621
    Options

Shape. When he gets T3 and starts chasing I get scared. plus, when you turn to find him stalking you is terrifying.

• Kagari_Leha
    Kagari_Leha Member Posts: 555
    Options

Hags trap always jumpscare me but that's all, I'm not "scared" of killers, at best, i get jumpscared by a Myers T1/Ghostface/Hag trap

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426
    Options

Myers and Ghostface if they randomly grab me off a gen.

• Owlzey
    Owlzey Member Posts: 442
    Options

Michael still scares me at times. If I know it's him then I'm constantly spinning my camera since I'm paranoid asf.

I also got jumpscared by a tinkerer Billy once.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,163
    Options

To this day, the Pig remains the only Killer to make me scream out loud. My Spine Chill went off while I was opening the Exit Gate, so I ran, then I started walking to break the scratch marks. I do that for about ten seconds and decide to look behind me. She was literally two feet away from me.

The others might make me jump slightly (mostly Hag and Myers), but that was the only time it truly got me.

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687
    Options

Ghostface and Hag mostly

• Joelwino
    Joelwino Member Posts: 550
    Options

There was one time I was the last survivor on the game looking for hatch against a spirit with five stacks of devour hope. My heart was pounding out of my chest by the time I found the hatch and left. Only time I've been scared in this game apart from when I was a baby survivor who was scared of everything.

• giulianodannyfan
    giulianodannyfan Member Posts: 75
    Options

Spirit legit gives me a heart attack.

• FixDBDPls
    FixDBDPls Member Posts: 87
    Options

My mom with a slipper in her hand

• Suxya
    Suxya Member Posts: 6
    Options

Huntress and her lullaby is so creepy for me. I always have chills going against a huntress.

• Miraak
    Miraak Member Posts: 240
    edited May 2020
    Options

Oh yeah! Michael and Ghost Face are the only killers which scares me a lot

• Madcat
    Madcat Member Posts: 1
    Options

I run spine chill so i'm not exactly scared of Myers or Ghost Face.

Oni is pretty creepy because of how menacing he sounds, but Doctor takes the cake for me, i'm a big believer that I can't win against doctors (i'm at rank 1 that's how sad it is) because he creeps the crap out of me

• DNM
    DNM Member Posts: 59
    Options

All of the above which is why I mostly play killer c:

• timidluke
    timidluke Member Posts: 8
    Options

Ghostface catches me out all the time, pig too sometimes

• Martesa55
    Martesa55 Member Posts: 208
    Options

When I started playing the game I used to be scared of Myers. I remember I was seeing him from the nowhere and scream. Now it's hard for me to be scared from any killer

• Netherduck
    Netherduck Member Posts: 1
    Options

Not really to be honest. I have been surprised of course, but I can't say that I'm scared of anyone.

• OBX
    OBX Member Posts: 854
    Options

A Nurse with an OP operator controlling her is the best.

• illiumred
    illiumred Member Posts: 10
    edited June 2020
    Options

Ghostface has given me actual jumpscares before with him sneaking up in stealth, Hag traps can jumpscare me quite a bit...and Myers has freaked me out once before when I caught him slowly walking up right behind me getting a good stalk in. 😰

I don’t think I’m genuinely scared of any killer I face in a match, but I can get caught off-guard depending on how they play.

• alullabyfortheclarks
    alullabyfortheclarks Member Posts: 47
    Options

the spirit cuz now you see her and now you dont.

• JayDoesGames
    JayDoesGames Member Posts: 264
    Options

Any killer is scary lately, cause no matter how good you play, you get hit from impossible distances, even with pallets infront of you and walls.

• AyuZeke
    AyuZeke Member Posts: 1
    Options

Beeing diagnosed with coulrophobia i'd have to say Clown scares me the most. I allways have to dissconnect from matches against clowns as to not get a panic attack lol. Besides from that i also find pig to be very scary because it is hard to see her sneak up on you, but it is scary in a fun way, while clown for me is not a fun scare at all :)

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 617
    Options

Casting Myers, Ghostface and Pig jumpscares aside for a bit... when I first started playing I found Huntress the scariest. Her humming is so disturbing and feels so out of place in a realm where people being brutally murdered is the main thing going on. Her backstory being so sad doesn't help either because once you learn why she's humming like that it becomes even scarier somehow...

Idk how to explain it, she just creates this very specific melancholic, hopeless atmosphere that other killers don't.

• Whispers
    Whispers Member Posts: 5
    Options

I agree, a good Meyers can be creepy. Makes me anxious and worried he's always stalking me.

• TwistedJoke65
    TwistedJoke65 Member Posts: 316
    Options

I've been consistently scared by oni whenever I play as survivor (which isn't much) He scares me because of the roars and the feeling of immediate danger. If I'm caught by him I'm screwed. It hits a bit more than just the jumpscares cause when I hear him and he sounds near I about crap myself

• Kawaakari
    Kawaakari Member Posts: 3
    Options

the demogorgon frightens me so much!!! I hate looking at him, I hate seeing him lol

• ToppingPanic
    ToppingPanic Member Posts: 77
    Options

Not any of them really. This isn't a horror game anymore.