Leatherface's camping hooks...

CrowVortex
CrowVortex Member Posts: 961
edited March 2020 in General Discussions

Past 3 games or so where i've come up against a Leatherface, the first person they down they proceed to camp the hook just directly staring at the hooked survivor rearing the chainsaw, all game. 5 gens go by reasonably quick , rest of the survivors escape seeing as it's their only option and they in turn don't want to risk face camp. In the end Leatherface gets about 5-8k BP, Hooked survivor gets roughly same maybe less. What's the point of this tactic? Is it a meme or something? My play sessions are usually late evenings, so generally i have a 10-30 minute queue for survivor gameplay, i'd be reasonably pissed if i waited that long of a queue just to come away with 5-9k bp.

I know there's a minus blood point gain / loss for emblem system in place to discourage this but clearly it's not strong enough if it's not dissuading this behaviour.

Comments

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,111

There's no penalty to bloodpoints for camping a hooked survivor. They also may be doing it as they're new or just being a jerk. Face camping is sadly a strategy that is not bannable unless you find it's the same guy doing it to you in multiple matches. I'd say just don't get caught or play killer for shorter queues.

• CrowVortex

Maybe new to leatherface possibly, but the last guy who played was a Rank 12 Killer. I'm not condemning it, i'm just thinking you'd earn a lot more points actually trying to play rather than just sit at the hook with the 1 survivor.

While minority of killer characters do this, i find the chance is higher while versus leatherface for some reason.

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,111

It is nearly impossible to get an unhook on a person if he is camping them which is why. He's the only killer that it's possible with.

• Larikal
    Larikal Member Posts: 54

Leatherface become some kind of response for survivors tactic "group up, form a circle, 1 person unhook". What can you do vs something like this on most killers in game like freddy, nurse, spirit, legion, pig, clown, demogorgon, deathslinger, and list goes on and on? Ltierally nothing. You cant pass them by, you cant kill anyone, you can only cry in frustration watching how survivors unhook someone in front of your face. To be honest - every time it happens to me i switch to leatherface and do face camp.

Sorry, but if survivors gonna promote bad plays then killers gonna follow-up to it. I mean - why wouldnt i? Im angry of being helpless when they do that, so i pick the only counter to it. And just as all of them - i dont care about your feelings. They also dont care about killer feelings. So its even.

And trust me - from killer perspective its even worse. Bcs killer get punished when he camp in front of someone, while survivors get bonus points by forming this wall around unhooking one. And about queue times - imagine some killers also have only hour or two for playing. And killer queues became memes long time ago. Only time when i can play as killer is evening, like 7-10 PM, before and after that i have to wait for 10 or 15 minutes in queue.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

Face camping as Leatherface is a relaxing game. If he’s doing that it may be a chill game after some tougher try hard games.

Sometimes I think about doing this when I see Dwights in a lobby. He’s the last face I need :3

• CrowVortex

Are you one of those Basement insidious perk leatherface's? Then you owe me a new pair of pants. :P

• SurviveByDaylight
    SurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 720

I agree! I actually played a game where leather face was sitting in the basement corner staring at a chest waiting for someone to come down. Didn’t care about gens whatsoever. I went down there to loot the chest and he comes at me with his chainsaw. He revvs it up so fast I don’t think there’s much of a chance. You gotta keep your distance but he’s kind of a game ruineR for hook camping

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940

This might sound like you could have fun playing killer doing this at leatherface

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

My favourite response from when I asked a bubba why he basement insidious camped was "Why not."

This is the one thing that plays through my mind when I here camping.

• SurviveByDaylight

i just think they give killers too much time to apply pressure where they just don’t care 🤷‍♂️

• SurviveByDaylight

They just milk the game clock and bait hooks

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Bubba just wants to show you his brand new chainsaw that he got for Christmas. You keep running away from him everytime he tries so he has to put you on a hook :(

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578

I watched Ohmwrecker's vid yesterday and he had a camping Leatherface that kept nodding his head at the hooked survivors. He wasn't very sharp though, because he'd let his guard down and Ohm kept getting successful rescues.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

There is a penalty for proximity to a hooked survivor

• StrawberryShake
    StrawberryShake Member Posts: 15

Not a bloodpoint penalty. You get less emblem score, but I doubt a facecamping Leatherface cares about ranking up.

• Facture
    Facture Member Posts: 284

It may simply be that in their experience it works for them. I can't keep track of the number of times I've seen a bubba secure a 3-4k off of a facecamp while playing solo queue. Instead of doing gens and escaping the randoms try to be the hero.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442
    edited March 2020
  • alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 650

Umm, why don't you hit the people defending the offhook? This is not some impenetrable wall of survivor flesh. Just hit and injure them, pick one and down them. Offhooking is a survivor objective and re-hooking is your objective along with chase, chase hit etc. You should not be pissed at people getting an offhook it is literally the fuel for the game and point generator for both sides. If just playing the game as intended incites you to play like a total jerk, maybe killer isn't for you.