The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Revelations

End_of_Slayer
End_of_Slayer Member Posts: 146

So, we got the revelations logs for the Archives. Now, my friend came to me today with some interesting stuff. We both overlooked this yesterday as I am posting this, because we got the other two logs yesterday. Now, spoilers ahead for Arcus 1672.

The Unique Wedding Ring was an add on that kinda came out of no where in the PTB for Stranger Things, no one knew this was gonna be implemented, it wasn’t really leaked (to my knowledge) and it was just all around hidden extremely well. Fast forward to now and Arcus 1672 seems to explain this ring. The Observer finds a killer he hasn’t observed before. This killer seduces men and kills them, robs them, and feeds them to her pigs.

Now, this man in the memory, has flowers and this is the exact line from the log. “Lonely soul made the trip for a wife. He thinks he’ll get everything for a ring.” And this could be the Unique Wedding Ring we got as an add on a few months ago. He was prepared to marry this woman, even though she was a killer. And another thing that potentially ties this together. The Observer culled her memory from the fog, and we just so happened to find a Wedding Ring in the fog as well.

I’m curious to see what you guys think of this. Could this be the devs teasing the next killer? I don’t know, but they tell us where she’s from. “Terra Dark” which literally translates to “Land of the Dark.” And her actions prove that she’s from Terra Dark, whatever horrific deeds happen there, we’ve yet to uncover. But I want to know your thoughts on this, I’m really interested as to why they would tease two things so close to each other

Comments

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088

Most likely those three called revelations, cause they are a teaser.

Can this be a easter egg or reference for something licensed tho?

• End_of_Slayer
    End_of_Slayer Member Posts: 146

Doesn’t appear licensed, and if these are a teaser, then my mind will be blown because that’s a cleaver way of doing it. If the detective and seductive woman are the next two characters that would be amazing. And it might be an Easter egg, or it could be referencing the next chapter

• Lejoninna
    Lejoninna Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

I think Revelation 1672 is a hint towards Belle Gunness a Norweigan Immigrant that killed men who wanted to marry her. She posted Ads into a newspaper for a marriage. And she also is rumored to have fed her victims to her pigs.

• Mikeadatrix
    Mikeadatrix Member Posts: 890

No killer will be based around a real person. Imagine Ted Bundy being a playable character. It won't happen.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,211

Clown is heavily based on John Wayne Gacy.

The exact people will never be in the game, but that doesn't mean Killers can't be influenced by them.

• Mikeadatrix
    Mikeadatrix Member Posts: 890

######### that’s what I meant to say, my bad. No killer will ever BE a real person.

• icemancat
    icemancat Member Posts: 150

@End_of_Slayer

It's possible that they could be teasing a new killer from a revelations entry from the archives. However, I believe that there is another important person that is already in the game that could potentially have associated with the ring and the killer from Arcus 1672 in his past. In my perspective, I believe that person is Ace.

The reason why I feel like Ace has a lot to do with the ring and the killer from Arcus 1672 is because of his appearance and very brief background. In terms of appearance, Ace is the only survivor who could have been married prior to getting captured by The Entity as seen by the ring on his left hand. However, it's his background that explains everything. In Ace's brief background, it is explained to us that he used to gamble, scam, and seduce people. From these scams, Ace eventually gained a lot of wealth and moved from his home country of Argentina to the United States where I believe he may have encountered the killer from Arcus 1672 based on the memory displayed in Arcus 1672.

I don't mean to be that guy and "advertise" something, but rather than trying to reinvent the wheel, you can click here for an in-depth analysis that I did regarding Ace and his potential involvement with the ring and the killer from Arcus 1672. I think it can clear up any confusion and maybe even provide some insight on some details you may not have known before: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/130185/lore-dive-ace-visconti#latest