Regarding Killers & Survivors Losing Add-Ons

YUNGRR
YUNGRR Member Posts: 17

Am I the only person who thinks both killers and survivors should have a chance to keep their add-ons?

Example 1: Killer kills whole lobby and gets to keep his add-ons

Example 2: Survivor Escapes keeps add-ons

As long as you allow both I don't see the issue with keeping them. It gets pretty frustrating when u bring in any add-on and its gone 3 mins into a match as a survivor and even if u escape it's still gone.

Don't have much input on killer add-ons but they last the whole game so im guessing that's why they don't want you to keep them? I don't know just some food for thought!

Comments

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,369
    edited March 2020

While I would like this, a number of add-ons for killer or survivor can single handedly win a game for them (just look at iridescent head + infantry belt or using a styptic in the end game). In order for this to be implemented I think all add-ons need to looked at and tweaked if needed first.

• YUNGRR

Yah that's why i'm torn between the current system and this I can't imagine a world where im constantly playing against those add-ons it'd be pretty ridiculous. Just wish there was a clear cut answer that we're somehow just missing but I guess it's not that easy

• FichteHiro
    FichteHiro Member Posts: 711

Yeah, there are some pretty OP Add-ons for Killer that are pretty game-changing and mostly not fun to play against, so Killers losing Add-ons kinda makes sense.

• YUNGRR

TBH I just don't understand why survivors are losing them now it literally punishes you almost for escaping! Why not just use a white ward, and die and keep everything? I just don't think they thought it through enough.

• FichteHiro
    FichteHiro Member Posts: 711

Yeah, I don't quite understand this change too, I think they wanted to make this aspect of losing your Add-ons after a Trial ends even throughout all roles. This isn't quite as fitting with Survivor as it is with Killer.

• YUNGRR

Yah makes no sense most items you bring into a game as killer last around 2 - 3 mins obviously you could push that by being conservative but on the other hand killers add-ons will have an effect the whole game not for just one gen like a toolbox for a survivor or one heal with meds.

• BabyClaudette
    BabyClaudette Member Posts: 109

I've made a whole post on why its dumb for survivors to lose their add-ons, but I've been playing and I have found that it is more dumb than I originally thought. I had multiple games yesterday where my item did not get used once and I lose the add-ons. Plus, farming killers pretty much steal your add-ons.

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608
    edited March 2020

Killers don't have the same issue with BP as survivor and the add ons are far stronger than survivor gear even before the nerfs. Add on top of that BBQ which most killers run and there is zero struggle for BP even if you have a bad game. Survivor on the other hand whether or not you escape depends on other people, the odds are stacked against you much of the time and your equipment will only carry you so far. I can't say the same if I'm running pink add on spirit. Things were fine as they were for add ons. The add ons weren't the issue for survivors it was the base number on toolbox. The only add on that is questionable really is just the one that saves your key on death and I'm only saying that because I think items being saved should only be covered by a ward if you lost. It also creates duplicate keys.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

So I get to keep my Iridescent head and infantry belt if I 4k?