Why does nobody play Plague

Options
Zaitsev
Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285

Seriously tho. Why?

Plague is an amazing killer imo especially since her recent buff.

You either cleanse, and deal with Corrupt Purge, or you stay injured.

Plague is critically underrated, and I almost never see her at all on console or PC. I see more Clown than Plague. Its like she was released and forgotten about, since there really wasnt any toxicity concerning her power on release

Comments

• leyzyman
    leyzyman Member Posts: 355
    Options

I agree, plague is amazing. But people who want to pip won't play her because she is terrible at pipping. I've seen a 3 man + 1 DC de-pip game as Tru3tal3nt playing her.

Also, IMO, I kinda hate her. I just find her playstyle not fun.

Nothing against plague players, they can do as they want. I just hate playing as/against her.

• Dahliasdollie
    Dahliasdollie Member Posts: 46
    Options

With this new buff its good because plague players get a say in their power, but after the corruption is gone the survivors still have a say over whether you use your power or not and she becomes an M1 killer.

• animalmak
    animalmak Member Posts: 399
    Options

I enjoy playing as Plague, but she's not very quick, so I find that I actually waste a lot of time trying to get Corrupt Purge if survivors cleanse, especially on maps like Backwater Swamp where all the fountains are at the very outskirts. But I think her power's really neat, and I like the sound of her voice.

But yeah, I don't tend to see a lot of her! Makes me sad because I like playing against her too. Then I can yell at my survivor for being gross as they puke on themselves lmao.

• Tro
    Tro Member Posts: 223
    Options

Mostly because shes very tall so its easier to see and loop, no mobility (regular 4.6) so compared to spirit/billy; ghostface/myers have instadowns, even huntress and now deathsliger due to their range are deadlier. But I agree shes viable. I still use her every now and then.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,098
    Options

I only use her when i see more than one medkits. I enjoy her but the way to pip with her is more of a hassle for me.

• OperationMintyHippo
    OperationMintyHippo Member Posts: 406
    Options

I absolutely love playing as Plague, but on console she is too framey for me to use the puke. Same with doc, his static makes my frames horrible. It makes me sad. :(

• Neot
    Neot Member Posts: 40
    edited March 2020
    Options

I always got gen rush whenever I played her. Her power take too long to make survivor broken so I have to use normal attack twice which take too much time to take down someone. Also Survivors's pukes are hardly visible so I still need to equip tracking perk.

Post edited by Neot on
  • EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

From my experience, any killer whose power is determined by the survivors is a bad design.

Trapper's traps

GFs stealth

Plagues corrupt purge

Oni's rage

Hags traps but not nearly as bad as trapper. Her traps can be replanted very fast and she doesn't have to go across the map to get them.

• Wylesong
    Wylesong Member Posts: 642
    Options

I love the Plaque now and even before her power up. =) The funny thing is I hated her when I first started playing the game but she has become one of my top 3 favorite killers. The other 2 being Clown and Hag.

• SadLegion
    SadLegion Member Posts: 222
    Options

I tried playing her but was robbed from infecting survivors so many times by dedicated servers that i lost all motivation to play her immediately. Really that was the most annoying thing in this game i ever encountered. When your puke connect multiple times with survivors around the corners but they dont get infected. Ultimate frustration

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864
    Options

From my experience as well as some of my friends it's her vile Purge. At low walls it's fantastic, but at higher walls she doesn't shorten a loop as well. I play on console so aiming can be a nuisance.

• BattleCast
    BattleCast Member Posts: 698
    edited March 2020
    Options

Because shes boring because nobody cleanses.

EDIT: thought this post was about Nurse, and I need to get my eyes checked.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

I see her a bit more often since she received her buff.

But she is a mid tier killer, so of course we don't see her as often as Billy or Spirit.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159
    Options

Survivors can do too much to influence my own playstyle, i don't like killers that are designed like that.

• yoyofrost
    yoyofrost Member Posts: 17
    Options

Because she's incredibly misunderstood. M&A is a must on her. Her playstyle is different and I used to play her wrong too, until I played against a great Plague. You want slug the first survivor and look for the other 3. Once everyone is broken and after your next down, you power up, then hook. with BBQ + M&A you're guaranteed to down the next one extremely fast.

Thana is really good on her and you want another gen slowdown perk.

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529
    Options

1. She's slow (has no mobility)

2. Good survivors know how to dodge her corrupt purge (duck behind cover right as she pukes)

3. You have to go out of your way to get your power and for a killer with no mobility that's a lot of time especially with how fast gens go

She's an okay killer but not great. If most killers are like me she's just overall frustrating to learn. She's probably the hardest killer to learn next to nurse. Simply because she requires a lot of strategy otherwise 3 gens will be done by the time you get your corrupt purge and down somebody with it.

• Uistreel
    Uistreel Member Posts: 634
    Options

For me it's not because she's a bad killer (she isn't), but rather because she is the most unbelievably boring killer to play as and against, and is very difficult to rank up with (imo)

• Loey
    Loey Member Posts: 51
    Options

I think some find it unpleasant for the eyes. but come on, it's a horror game,her latest skins are amazing,i love and i need it

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Her vomit projectile feels inconsistent. My only gripe.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options

I play her occasionally, and I can tell one thing; she isnt for everyone.

First off, her BP gain and emblems suck ass. Your Deviousness category heavily depends on whether Survivors cleanse or not, and even if they cleanse your gains are still nothing amazing like Legion or Doctor, or even (good) Nurse. Emblems, nothing we dont know. 3 emblems heavily punish her playstyle. There goes two reasons why you would play Killer.

Second, the "sweet middle" in terms of matches are rather rare. You either get people who cleanse as soon as they become infected (basically screaming "Im new to the game"/"Never played against this character") or people who remain infected the entire match, focus on generators nonstop and cleanse with 1 generator left. For the former, you are noob stomping, and that may be fun for some, but its not that satisfying for me. For the latter, mainly because her power removes a way to apply pressure on Survivors; healing. Granted you can do this with any Killer, but its way more apparent with her. You could say "free instadowns!", but then we come back to the usual problem of map design towards M1 Killers...

Third, she has been needing a couple of QoL changes for a while, a few buffs and bug fixing. Stuff like being able to see Survivors' infection level so you dont waste time puking on one while chasing. Make it easier to "tap Vile Purge" (if you click it too fast to infect a generator or vault or pallet, it cancels and gives you the full cd). Increasing her basekit Vile Purge ineffectiveness and adjusting her add-ons accordingly (I would rather get this than a free corrupted fountain). And the amazing problem that came with dedicated servers which puked on Survivors will literally grunt as they are being puked on, but they dont get infected.

The upside is she has amazing perk synergy, and with her own perks nonetheless, like M&A, Infectious Fright, Corrupt Intervention. As well as interesting choices, like Devour Hope, which they never see coming.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

Well my gamertag on Xbox is something that is very related to Plague, so I like her :) The coolest looking killer in the game. Love her Memorium outfit.

No doubt in my top 5 favorite killers and one of my most played killers. And she was good before and even better now with the change. Perfect to switch killer to her when you see many medkits in lobby.

• MPUK
    MPUK Member Posts: 357
    Options

I play The Plague quite a lot. I generally don't bother with corrupt. The round is even easier if people stay sick. Corrupt I only ever tend to take if I am mid chase and they run by a corrupt fountain, I have the time to stop off and grab it there and use on the person I am chasing. I wouldn't travel to get it if I wasn't already with someone.

• Kycer
    Kycer Member Posts: 337
    Options

Personally, because last time I played her I had a rough match and promised I won’t touch her again... my chases were super fast and yet all gens were done in 8 minutes.. It just didn’t feel fair but I thought about it.. the survivors literally had nothing else to do other than gens since they can’t really heal themselves.. so I can’t really blame the survivors for it. I blame the devs.

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640
    Options

I love playing plague, but lately the gen rush has been soo bad and the ammount of cordinated swf has been too big for me to handle

• BlueFirebilly
    BlueFirebilly Member Posts: 257
    Options

Tbh I love her, if she has corrupt your set and if your a decent killer like me you will know where survivors usually spawn on the map in accordance to you, so her mobility isn’t a problem, I just fully infect one and then they keep getting infected. Plus if you use builds with high pressure like me they are forced to cleanse

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367
    Options

She is very loopable without Corrupt and she has a hard time pipping.

Being infected isn't really scary and doesn't give any downsides besides being injured.

• KayK99
    KayK99 Member Posts: 94
    Options

I play The Plague and get 3 or 4 kills pretty much every game, she's probably my favorite killer. All those toxic swf make me puke

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,907
    Options

I see Plague just as much as any other killer. People say they rarely see killers like Plague and Clown but I run into them as much as I do a killer like Myers.

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    Options

She has some major latency issues with her vomit at longer ranges. Specifically you'll see Survivors reacting as though they've been puked on but never actually have their vomit bar fill. So you're then forced to get up close and personal which can cause other issues because it can be difficult to hit Survivors that are moving at close range.

Tack onto the fact that she's also got issues like Clown in that she NEEDS perks more than most to slow the game down and if those perks can be ignored, she gets rushed HARD.

Survivors are also learning that Plague players are making builds around people being constantly injured and as such are cleansing more frequently, requiring changes that hybridize the permanently injured and corrupt purge builds with mixed results due to, once again, latency.

Latency is the Survivor's cure for Plague currently in addition to inconsistencies between matches more than most.

• Mellow7
    Mellow7 Member Posts: 793
    Options

She's a bit underwhelming, it takes her a while to get everyone broken. Honesty she's okay because of corrupt vomit but I'd rather play Legion because he can essentially do the same as plague but a lot quicker than her, with the addition of them wasting time mending then healing.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

She's the best M1 killer in the game since her buff. Don't @ me with Freddy or Doc. People often go about her the wrong way by throwing on garbage perks like thanataphobia which adds 13 seconds to a solo gen at 4 injured survivors. If your best case scenario is 13 seconds on a gen, that's not worth a perk slot. Pop/Monitor/Enduring/Spirit Fury. 24m terror radius at 115% with a one shot who can get free hits off pallet stuns and also has a ranged attack. Stop trying to slow a game down if the real issue is downing survivors. You can add 5 minutes to Torment Creek or Rotten Fields and still not take care of half the pallets.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

From my experience I see many Plagues in my game.

• Oshi
    Oshi Member Posts: 306
    Options

Buff for slowdown genrush. If gen is infected his progress a decreased, like if "new ruin" is on, even if survivor work on them. But hey, this buff will be very frustating and unfun to play for our dear surv mains.

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776
    Options

The physics on her vomit are terrible and designed to make it hard / impossible to get survivors hugging walls around curved loops.

She is tall so can't mindgame on any loops

she can only walk. So the terribly difficult task of holding m1 on a generator will destroy her.

• MegMain98
    Options

I’m assuming by “M1 killer” you mean killers who can’t down reliably with their power, benefit from Spirit Fury/Enduring, and usually have to run loops normally (so no Nurse, Spirit, Billy, Hag, Huntress, Deathslinger).

That’s a very controversial statement that I can agree and disagree with. Plague has been on of my mains for a year and I believe she is highly underrated. I just don’t know if I can put her above Freddy. She just can’t control gens as well as Freddy and doesn’t have map control. I can agree that she’s probably better than Doctor.

Plague is better when she has Corrupt Purge but Freddy is arguably going to win matches more often :/

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763
    Options

She's too slow to be viable outside of low ranks. And committing half your slots to build speed doesn't help.

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977
    Options

Exactly.. She's extremely boring to play against and your chances of pipping are slim. The fact that survivors aren't able to heal almost removes altruism completely from her matches. An entire ranking category completely removed from the game just because of a killers abilities.

• MrPeterPFL
    MrPeterPFL Member Posts: 636
    Options

I played her once and once only, I really like her play style, the only thing I hate about her is that she loudly whispers in my ear which makes it hard for me to actually hear any survivors

• toxcitynacl
    toxcitynacl Member Posts: 464
    Options

Because mostly she is trash and can easily be looped. Especially if people don't cleanse. She does get one free one now though. Same reason few people play Demogorgon or Oni. They just will get owned by anyone who knows how to play.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options

Only because he is inconsistent in terms of revealing.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293
    Options

I don't feel like getting cucked because a rock got in the way of my puke or losing my power because I got hit by a pallet or playing hide and seek because I have my power

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285
    Options

Disagree here. Hes the best stealth killer in the game. Hes a better wraith, with a built in instadown

• MegMain98
    Options

Most people don’t play him using his instadown. They play him as a “non-healing” killer who has zero terror radius and no red stain.

He is the killer that can utilize the stealth mechanic best but I don’t think he is better than Myers overall and I don’t think his stealth is THAT much better than Myers since Myers can have almost a 0 meter terror radius in Tier II with M&A and Dead Rabbit.

• Oshi
    Oshi Member Posts: 306
    Options

Also noticed as Plague is hard to even +1 pip. As Legion you can 0 pip with zero kills... 

• bonsaibeard
    bonsaibeard Member Posts: 40
    Options

I LOOOVE plague. She’s so much fun to play and to go against. I’ve been seeing a good bit more of her lately, so that’s been kinda nice. Well, unless I brought a medkit in