Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What are Your Dead by Daylight Unpopular Opinions and Hot Takes?

2»

Comments

• Blazelski
    Blazelski Member Posts: 351

I disagree with each of your statements. Well done, you get an upvote!

My unpopular opinion is that the Huntress' humming being omnidirectional is bullshit. Maybe if it became directional when you're in her terror radius it'd be better.

I don't know if this opinion is unpopular or if people just don't know, but Open Handed becomes pretty meta when combined with Kindred.

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927

New ruin is better than old ruin.

Legion is viable.

• OtakuFreak
    OtakuFreak Member Posts: 206

Tunnelling or camping a survivor is a legitimate strategy in the killer's arsenal, only entitled survivors complain about it.

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687

Off the Record has a powerful synergy with OoO, but without it the perk is not very useful. Due to this I feel it needs a complete rework as soon as possible to make it more useful for Solo Queue while also not making SWF even more overpowering.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

That NOED, and other perks are not "crutch" perks.

• WheresTheGate
    WheresTheGate Member Posts: 575

1) There are way too many perks.

2) All equipped survivor perks should be inactive to start a match. Activating perks should require remaining active doing things that are productive. Survivor perks would only activate if you stay active doing things like gens, healing, unhooking, etc. Survivors that hide in corners and lockers would never have an active perk.

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285

Remove ALL second chance perks on both sides.

You mess up? Too bad bud.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

i also feel moris and keys are fine.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864
  • camman0000
    camman0000 Member Posts: 35
    edited March 2020

Spirit is the easiest killer to play if you have a good headset,

and I have never had a fun game going against a Spirit.

• FKreuger1
    FKreuger1 Member Posts: 43

- Hex perks shouldn't alert survivors, they should learn about them like we used to

- ranks should be visible again so people know what they are getting into

- (got called stupid a lot for this one before) killers should lose their red stain as base, I like realistic games so a big light telling me where they are looking wouldn't happen. Also moonwalking... why would a killer moonwalk?

• Joelwino
    Joelwino Member Posts: 550

Quentin isn't ugly, he just looks bad on any graphics settings less than ultra and the devs should fix his lower quality face, like Ace's chest pubes a few days back

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited March 2020

Scratched Mirror (and Vanity) should be replaced completely. Fun memes in, like, 3 maps is not worth it being useless in every other map.

• Jigsaw_pprentice1993
    Jigsaw_pprentice1993 Member Posts: 225

Face camping is done but slugging is sometimes neccassary. If i have 1 gen left down someone who is on their first hook then yeah i will slug and find someone who is on death hook

• MEATSOLDIER
    MEATSOLDIER Member Posts: 16
    • The only real counter to Spirit is to play her and learn her tactics. She's easy to handle.
    • Hex perks are a relic of a bygone age in dbd and should be removed out right.
    • The devs aren't surv or killer sided; they are just "bad" at the game, and don't have as much time to play as we do. They make decisions based on stats and metrics. They see dbd as a collection of numbers and lines of code, not a game. Any other explanation is cope. See: HagCote vs SK
    • death garden was a better game.
  • LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

Unpopular opinion: don't 99 the door. Just open that bia and GTFO.

• wichael_wyers
    wichael_wyers Member Posts: 202

I don't think this is necessarily a hot take or unpopular because I feel there are reasonable people out there that could agree or find an example of this (or not, who knows), but I feel like killers and survivors are more empathetic than it seems and I have noticed both sides try to ease pressure for (what it seems) respect for the other side.

That, or someone running an Ebony and NOED isn't being scummy or toxic (or maybe they actually wanted to be toxic, who knows). It seems they just wanted to play like that and they're genuinely neat to talk to. Bm'ing survivors who looped me to hell and back are actually neat when you talk to them, too.

• wichael_wyers

I used to stack Open Handed with my friends and that crap was so stupid. And that was OLD Kindred. Thanks for reminding me about it.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Genuine camping and tunneling doesn't happen as much as you think it does I get that it's annoying but sometimes use some common and perspective.

Maybe the Trapper isn't camping you maybe you should be more annoyed at the Meg head who keeps looping around the hook.

You do know the hillbilly has eyes he can see your teammates crouching all around the hook maybe it's the reason why he sticks around not to specifically camp you.

When you get pulled off the hook maybe it's not the smartest idea to get on the gen super close to the hook. 90% or not whether you were recently unhooked or not the killer is it going to take kindly to you doing a gen. ( this also goes for doing totems or healing close to the hook)

Keep your eyes sharp when you get pulled off hook if you notice that the person who saved you has dipped and is nowhere in sight. Then the killer comes back and you're the only person they could see maybe that's the reason they chase you instead psychically trying to find the other Survivor.

When all the generators have been completed honestly the killer has nothing else to patrol don't be surprised if they just decide to guard the last Hook.

This is just me saying this is a Pig main. no your trap does not make you immune to being chased know if I chase you when you have a reverse bear trap because you're running around like a headless chicken does not mean I'm tunneling you.

Legion is my secondary main so let me put this out too. Stop wasting your dead hard on frenzy nine times out of ten and usually just hitting you for information and I'm going to leave if you dodge it or use dead hard essentially forcing me out of frenzy guess who I'm going to just go after whether you've been recently unhooked or not

Now I'm not saying genuine camping and tunneling doesn't happen what I'm saying is maybe it doesn't happen as much as people claim it does.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

The reason it wasn't being complained about it because they were more problems to complain about.

Survivors literally just had so much in the way of Defence that they could not only have one person rush through gens whilst the others bullied the killer into submission. Hell it's why gen jockeys were thing.

The problem literally went from being able to bully the killer into submission whilst one or two people rushed gens.

To not being able to be the killer as badly so you just rush gens.

Ironically enough the gen rush problem was still a thing it's just that survivors preferred bullying the Killers and they could have done the both now they can't it's just a gen rush.

If you looked up some videos it won't take long for you to find videos of 4 generators popping within 60 seconds

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

The Hag, when played correctly, is currently the strongest killer in the game. By quite a margin, too.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

The Nurse needs to be reverted back to her 1.0 self (3 blinks and 115% movement speed), as there was no valid reason to nerf her.

• wichael_wyers

I take it back. I think I have a mini "hot take." I think it was dumb that people ever ran Balanced Landing as a meta perk. I don't care if it was to abuse Haddonfield. That's one map of many. It was such a dumb waste of a perk and it doesn't even remove 100% stagger (not a big deal anyways) and once it got nerfed, it was annoying to see it out of meta like anything about it was far from the original perk.

Like what? Now you can't abuse Haddonfield or something? Why would you ever path your route to a friggin hill or stupid drop off in the first place? Perk always ticked me off because it was overrated for a dumb map or maybe I missed something. Only reason I can think of using it as "efficiently" as possible was to mess around at Haddonfield or at some borderline infinite.

• NovaliumTS
    NovaliumTS Member Posts: 162

Tunnelling is okish...camping and especially face camping should not be a legitimate strategy as the game isnt called be a huge ####### simulator, survivors didnt spend 10 minutes just for you to be a ####.

Yes i get some survivors can be toxic and camping them is fine in my opinion, an eye for an eye. But when you camp casual players just because they want to play and have fun thats when camping starts to cross the line.

This isnt me being an "entitled survivor" as im rank 5 surv and rank 6 killer but killers complain way too frequently about toxic survivors and most toxic survivors only started to go toxic because of killers being toxic to them frequently

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

Susie is hot and I want to marry her.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,935
    edited March 2020
    • Nurse is very underrated and still fun to play.
    • The Spirit Nerfs where people where crying weren't nerfs at all. She is still like she was before.
    • DS is almost balanced, change it to a real Anti Tunnel with a 60 second timer or keep it but reduce the timer.
    • Dead Hard is the worst Exhaustion Perk thanks to Dedicated Servers.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,935

If he wasn't bugged he would be okay. You can stare at him for 3 minutes and you can't reveal him. He still exposes you.

He is frustrating to play as because he relies on 2 cooldown Add-Ons to be viable. Why don't just pick Wraith instead who is 100 times more dynamic with his power and can use it more freely than Ghostface. Also, Wraith is faster while cloaked which gives him more free map pressure. Ghostface can't move faster than 115 %.

My conclusion, he was bugged since day 1 when he came out on PTB and he still is unfortunately.