I just got spirit need advice.

So basically I bought spirit with my iridescent shards just yesterday, and it takes me so long to get a sacrifice, I end up getting a sacrifice when there is 1 or 2 gens left, yes I could not just be used to her mechanics and how to best play her. I am just trying to find an effective way to get consistent 3 - 4k's, I could only think if tunnelling would work but then I would just get abused.

I don't want to feel like I bought this killer to just feel like she isn't great, even though she can be one of the best in the game.

Comments

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

My first recommendation is learn to play with your ears and not your eyes. Obviously this is easier said than done, but it will help significantly.

Next of all learn how survivors run loops. Learning how they run them allows you to make bold predictions.

Finally don't save your power for the chase. Use it for patrolling generators too.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

If you're at a pallet, stand still. It's a free hit.

• FichteHiro
    FichteHiro Member Posts: 711

Getting consistent 3k's and 4k's is very difficult not because Spirit is weak, but because the Gens go by very quickly. Here's my advice:

• Use your Phase Walk right when you spawn on the Map to have that extra movement speed and be able to patrol more Gens.
    • Pay attention to sounds such as grass moving, Survivors' footsteps and grunts of pain. Keep in mind those are directional and you can discern where the sound originated from if you hear them carefully.
    • Fake using your Phase Walk is frequently a very effective strategy.
    • Learn what Survivors path like.
  • screamdreamsx
    screamdreamsx Member Posts: 213
    edited March 2020

I main spirit and it took me a long time to get used to her when I got her.

First thing to bare in mind is just some of the basic info about spirit - she’s a 110% killer, which puts you at a disadvantage in chases (without ability) and for getting around larger maps. Play in accordance with your add-ons - if you put on add-ons for increased phase duration and reduced cooldown, use it to patrol the map/gens, if you use add-ons for phase activation and reappearance (my favourite combo), use it in chases (so basically adapt your phase usage depending on which add-ons you choose as it can be used many ways). I phase when I need to, ie if I see or hear someone on a gen, if I’m in a chase, if I saw people with perks etc, because you never want to be on cooldown at a crucial moment, but don’t be afraid to use phasing to cover distances if where you need to be is far away, especially if you’re down to only a few generators left.

In a chase if you can’t phase, be sporadic and unpredictable. Spirit jitters when she walks and it makes her harder to judge. She also has no vault animation, so survivors don’t expect you to appear on the other side of the window. Also, there’s the classic fake - stand still, perhaps at a window or palette and give the impression of phasing (when spirit phases she leaves behind an idle ‘husk’, a telltale sign she’s phasing), a lot of the time the survivor will come straight to you.

Phasing in a chase is deadly when mastered. Use your ears (works best for injured survivors) but also your eyes. Yes you can’t see them but you can see rustle of grass/corn/reeds, you can see scuff marks on vaults, you can see scratch marks (and where scratch marks end if survivor switches to walk), you can see crows. Be observant and you should be able to follow people whilst phasing, if they’re injured listen out for the grunts of pain to pinpoint them - a headset works best. If a survivors headed for a palette, phase into the palette and take a swing, more often than not you’ll find them there waiting to throw it and they don’t react fast enough. If you didn’t know, survivors inside spirits TR do not hear phase sound.... meaning if you are chasing someone, they won’t know if you phase or not, so as soon as line of sight is broken, phase!

Finally perks. Depending on what you have, I’d recommend my build or some variation of:

Nurses Calling (range covers outside of spirits TR, no phase sound inside TR also means a lot of surprise attacks on healers)

BBQ (perfect for ranged phasing)

Surveillance (greater hearing distance of gens, plus knowledge of when someone goes back to one = surprise attack)

Thanataphobia (spirit works best against injured survivors, I try and get as many people injured as possible and keep pressure on, works well with nurses and will slow the game down).

(I do use Pop Goes instead of Thana, but it’s requires lots of hooks to be useful so maybe switch when you feel more confident).

Finally - don’t be disheartened! She’s hard to get used to! But, if you do get there, you’ll find you’re smashing out the 3-4ks. I play spirit in red ranks (I was rank 1 before the recent reset) and she’s certainly a force to recon with.

• Rapid_Oli_YT
    Rapid_Oli_YT Member Posts: 36

Thank you so much for the advice, Yeah ill try the afk when at a pallet yeah I try to hear for sounds but sometimes I find it hard to judge if they are further away or closer than I actually think, I could use stridor to hear better but then it would make harder to tell if they were closer to me or not.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

Make sure you are using a good set of headphones. She is highly reliant on sound using her power if the survivors just stop running.

• Rapid_Oli_YT
  • Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

I wouldn't take the whole "use your ears and not your eyes" advice too literally. It's not completely wrong but you can still pick up important visual queues. You can still see grass moving, or the bulrush or whatever it's called in the swamps. If I remember correctly, I think you can even see crows flying so you can see which direction a survivor is going. All those things help you tell exactly where you'd want to strike, not just audio.

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617

Also worth noting... Don't use your entire power unless it guarantees a hit, especially when using it for map traversal. Similar idea to nurse not using both blinks when about to engage.

If you're NOT faking a phase, try facing slightly to one direction and phasing off in the other direction. Works a lot more than it should.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
  • Rapid_Oli_YT

Awesome I am actually starting to improve with her aswell