Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Just done with the Survivor playerbase

Nikkiwhat
Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

I just kinda give up on the Survivor side of this game's playerbase....just consistently garbage....

Had a wonderful match where all 3 seemingly SWF teammates just ran from Gen to Gen all together and made zero attempt to get me off the Hook.

Had another where a Survivor prioritized breaking a totem instead of healing me... and another in a semi joke/farm game where the Killer was messing around....2 others left immediately, zero attempts to unhook. The list goes on and it only gets worse as time goes on. If it wasn't for Survivor Challenges from the Rodt, I'd never play Survivor ever again...

For all the good matches & fun I have, 1 or 2 bad games just undos any fun previously had and it just sours this game experience.

Comments

• T2K
    T2K Member Posts: 635

Feel you. Try playing swf with your friends or find a group via a community. You will have fun again ;)

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

i mean, sign of a good player is doing gens over immediately saving

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

That's why we need more perk that will be only useful for solo players

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

While yes, that I understand and agree with... It's that nobody made an attempt at all...they all followed each other and literally left me to die. Gen objective is important...but 3 People do not need to all stay on a Gen till someone dies

And yes, I get that one of this game's taglines/advertisements talks about "working together...or not" It just doesn't translate to a fun time waiting for a lobby, get in, have the Killer spawn almost on top of you, get chased and downed and then die on first hook :\.

As an addition to my frustration... Tunneling Killer players are the most infuriating thing to encounter. That's all console players do and the defense that they cab play the way they want doesn't excuse how ass it is to be on the receiving end of this. I see it happen almost every...single...match.

• dannyfrog87
    dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 568

yeah played solo survivor .... against a spirit saw a lit dull totem. the spirit knew i saw it. i tried to cleanse it. and no other survivor bothered too cleanse it. 5 stacks devour hope. after that i was like. ok nope im out. morons ... lol. i didnt stick around for the after math but i know for a fact it was probably a 4k.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I pretty much never get these teammates personally, surprised some people have such a problem with that. It really sucks though. I would hope the new matchmaking system could help with that, but it doesn't necessarily seem like it has anything to do with the skill of such teammates.

• Azgard12
    Azgard12 Member Posts: 335

I see you're on PS4. This game can be better with friends, so if you'd like one, I'm around.

But yeah, there should be more incentive for SWF to treat solos better.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Some weeks ago I had a match where I was left to die by a 3 man SWF, then one of them messages me and tells me "thats what you get for unhooking me in front of the killer", like, dude, it was a ghostface and I didnt notice he was behind me all the time.

SWF is annoying even when you are playing (solo) survivor.

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

Gens/Cleanse before friends 😏

JK JK - I refuse to play solo anymore. Both sides of the fence can really ruin the game.

• ThisLadyRightHere
    ThisLadyRightHere Member Posts: 195

You have to play 3 or 4 man SWF. I stop playing solos and barely 2 man because 89% of the random survivors have a lack of brain cells in their heads.

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

Were you being camped or was the killer leatherface? Leatherface is the only killer I will not go for a hook save against unless I know for sure he's not camping

I mean if all three survivors were able to run to gen to gen while you were on the hook and not be disrupted by the killer then they might have good reason to believe you were being camped.

• SurviveByDaylight
    SurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 720

It’s not really fun regardless. They need to help survivors out a little. Show them some love. It’s always Killer this and killer that. Constantly as a solo survivor I just see teammates get ran on too fast. I think it’s too easy for killer to do his job because it’s too easy to find people. There’s just not enough hiding sometimes map design seems kinda bad in terms of being able to hide efficiently. Knee high crates/debris. Bushes where my head still pops out. Walls with a vault or pallet that the killer can just walk around. Even when you’re not getting chased generators are just a progress bar you just sit there and stare at 😒 and these killers want longer repair times? 😂 hell no. I won’t do it. One less customer I’ll be calling my bank for a dispute on charges. Thank you.

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583
    edited March 2020

So, lemme get this straight, if you get hooked, I'm supposed to prioritize you over everything else?

So I can't finish my gen. I can't get the totem for my Inmer Strength/hex clear, I can't heal up. I can't wait for the killer to get far enough away so I can unhook you and heal you?

Sorry, I understand crappy teammates, I usually run solo, but the game doesn't center around your needs. Yeah it sucks when you're 1st hooked to death but sometimes players don't play for the team, or the win.

• HuntressIsMyFavXD
    HuntressIsMyFavXD Member Posts: 132

Tbh I never solo, swf is more fun, bc at least team collaboration exists. Dead By Daylight, add a chat function so that solo queuers can talk to each other.

I usually play killer or KYF tho so...

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

Solo q in a nutshell. I see every time on this forum how stressful it is to play killer and relaxing to play survivor. I would like to know who they play with. I take playing killer in the red ranks over solo q any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

• Loey
    Loey Member Posts: 51

This is precisely why many players prefer to play with their friends, because ramdons rarely help them. I have had to be in several games like this, some were not swf but they just didn't care to help,i unhooked myself trying to kill myself and i think the killer feeling sorry for me because he didn't chase me and in the end one of the randoms ended up hooked and as i don't help him so my profile was full of insults from this guy..I had to put everything in private and block him because as he himself said at the end of the game when the killer asked them why nobody took me off the hook "because i was not interested in saving her"...and this happened with red ranges ..

• bebopjazzcat
    bebopjazzcat Member Posts: 1

Entitled much

• fozzy_ozborn
    fozzy_ozborn Member Posts: 48

Playing solo on ps4 blows.

I am not a fan of swf since it takes the edge off the game for me personally. However, if you see some one on hook don't creep around the edge of the map or crouch behind something. Hell a good % of killers use bbq on ps4 so they know where you are crouching

I use Q&Q for quick locker dodges to avoid bbq and as soon as I think it's safe Ill go for a save. I hate seeing peeps get one hooked.

• w_sohl
    w_sohl Member Posts: 124

What is a lit dull totem? It's either lit it dull, not both.

• Chmurkaz
    Chmurkaz Member Posts: 52

For me solo experience in this game is a joke, 4/5 games includes Noed because of course totems are invisible, when someone is hooked you're fuc**d because you have to play lotery and go for unhook to only see nobody was doing gens, or leave it for your team which most of times means second stage or death.

I'm not even talking about urban evasion blandettes , selfcare time-wasters, corner bois,or getting downed because someones too greedy for protect hits/unhook, which weights your team even more.

I almost forgotten about people with stream in their nick, some are literall waste ruining experience for other people, because they need to show their skills which ends with DC/Suicide in front of you.

• kennethrmarple
    kennethrmarple Member Posts: 14

I have had this same experience. That is why is usually prioritize the team over myself. There have been many games where I have gone back to save someone and end up getting hooked and left.

Unfortunately, it seems to be less about becoming a unit to defeat an enemy and more about how many BP's a person can harvest. Personally, I think placing others above myself makes the game a much more enjoyable experience because others can live on and hopefully display the same selfless attitude in their next game.

Plus, it's just a game people lol sometimes you die and sometimes you don't.

• Hex_Hex
    Hex_Hex Member Posts: 11

I just gave up in general. I'm probably not coming back for another month to two months.

• ImmortalReaver
    ImmortalReaver Member Posts: 243

Just give up the game. It's not worth the headaches. The devs even confirmed that they want you to be frustrated because that's what keeps you coming back. They're like meth dealers cutting off their supply for a few days just to get people feinding more. I gave up on dbd and I just watch otzdarva nowadays and my gaming life is much healthier.