The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Struggle

Can we remove this part of the game? Can it just be done automatically please. Killers have to eat a penalty if they want out of the match early so why do survivors have a way to quit without a penalty? It is extremely unfun when people kill themselves the moment the game isn't in their favor. The DC penalty did lower the amount of d/cs but it just enhanced the amount of suicides that happen in almost every single game I play now. I think a kobe attempt is fine but the ability to just not press SPACE BAR and get to leave the game is stupid and should be changed.

Comments

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,164

It sucks but if people are going to be jerks and ditch, there's not a lot you can do about it.

Let's say you dump struggling. Now all they'll do is try to get off the hook to get to the 2nd stage right away and as soon as they're saved, sit there and let the killer take them out again or actively seek out the killer to get them to take them out.

Which I suppose this will at least get the killer extra points but it doesn't really solve the problem for the survivors who are getting screwed out of a teammate because someone is throwing a fit and quitting.

• Kwikwitted
    Kwikwitted Member Posts: 641

You can't fix people who just want to ruin it for everyone else sadly.

Unfortunately the game can't tell a player's intentions. It can't tell if they're trying to Kobe cause they want to escape or if they're trying to Kobe cause they want to die.

Really the only solution I could think of would be to remove Kobe entirely, and I'm sure survivors don't want that.

Maybe they could make two different commands? Press one button to attempt to escape the hook press another to just give up? At least that way the game knows, though I'm sure survivors who want to die will still just attempt to escape and when they fail, just shrug.

I do wish they would compensate the killer though for the loss of potential hook actions. You get devout emblem progress for disconnects but not for people who die on the first hook, now you're out two potential more hook actions which means you're probably staring at a safety pip at best.

• hexgongiveittoya
    hexgongiveittoya Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2020

There's some low hanging fruit here.

At least 6 times in my 477 hours on this game I've died on hook not because I wanted to, but because I didn't press spacebar fast enough or there was a momentary lag spike or the game just hates me.

Can we change this mechanic so that you can press a key to die, but you don't have to press anything to "struggle"? It breaks keyboards and controllers and isn't carpal tunnel friendly. I've even tried using the mouse wheel and sometimes I just magically die while struggling.

Please get rid of the struggle mechanic.

EDIT: Just died again due to this wonderful mechanic.