Face Camping but still getting 3x the BP survivors do.

Options

How is it killers can facecamping each survivor to death and still walk out with 30k bp?? They don't lose anything for just trolling a hole damn match. I think they need to lose rank and bp for ruining a match people have waited 10-20 minutes for. I know nothing will happen and most won't even agree but that is the most ridiculous thing about this game to me!

Comments

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426
    Options

Clearly you're stuck in a lower rank. I never find campers in rank 1, even when facing killers that are purple ranks. Also camping is a legitimate strategy that can be countered with ease.

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649
    Options

If he face camps he's not getting 30k

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Options

This is b8, right?

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

Stop rewarding the face campers.Do gens and get out.

If you want killers to stop doing it then please stop rewarding it by trying to bait them away or doing risky saves allowing them to tunnel.

• Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640
    Options
  • Hsizzle
    Hsizzle Member Posts: 74
    Options

which is boring and why camping needs to be looked at. no one plays this game to hold m1 and leave

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946
    Options

you say that but im trying to play killer and getting constand 0k's vs rank 1 and 2 survivors all carrying meta perks giving them many many chances soooo idk, at this point im thinking camping is a good strat

• Hsizzle
    Hsizzle Member Posts: 74
    Options

then get better and learn how to play tiles. its not their fault you cant catch them with decent skill or game sense. and the perks are easy to play around

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946
    Options

if you say so, why would I need to get better when they use all these second chances?

camping is as ez as they have so why not?

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,664
    Options

I'd report them for hacking if they're getting 30k from 4 hooks /s

(Impossible)

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options
  • Uistreel
    Uistreel Member Posts: 634
    edited March 2020
    Options

Sorry, but if a killer facecamps each individual survivor to death from start to finish, and ends up with 30k bloodpoints, chances are the survivors (and in this case probably you) are either way, way, way too altruistic or are just outright bad at the game.

• Galklife
    Galklife Member Posts: 726
    Options

right because R1 killers have upgraded facecamping to tunneling off the hook for "efficiency" (and i mean killers that are dropping chase just to down and pick up unhooked surv)

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

if you dive bomb the hook right after a killer hooks someone...

I've had games where survivors were 1 gen away from powering up the gates, but snowballed because of unhooking a few seconds after I moved away from the hook...

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118
    Options

Actually, that's exactly what people do. It's why Gen Rushing is a problem and people despise "M1" killers like legion and clown.

• Kwikwitted
    Kwikwitted Member Posts: 641
    Options

God I hope so. It's not even plausible. 32K is the hard cap for a game for killers so anyone who believes a guy got 30k while facecamping is just gullible.

Really? Cause I could have sworn the whole reason to destroy Hex: Ruin was to allow survivors to do exactly this?

"WAAH! We don't want to look for totems! Great skill checks are too hard to hit! Generators take too long! WAAH!"

So now I'm forced into playing Spirit, Freddy, and Hillbilly over and over again or risk getting gen rushed to absolute death inside of 5 minutes or less.

I mean thankfully for me I like playing all those killers, but having a chill game with Legion or Clown? At high ranks? Not happening.

Yeah as a R1 killer, this is pretty much wrong.

Why would I break chase on someone I should be able to hook to down someone I won't be able to pick up?

We don't tunnel off the hook because we assume that every survivor has DS (and we're usually not wrong in that assessment).

Now if you would have said we slug off the hook at times then I would have said guilty as charged. It's one of the only effective ways many killers have to slow the game down at this point, and it's still countered by unbreakable or just getting a teammate to come pick you up.

In short, you don't know me, and you know nothing of my work.

Killers receive more bloodpoints because they lose their addons no matter if they win or lose herp a derp, it's to counter higher BP costs per match than survivors who can reuse toolboxes, medkits, and flashlights assuming they escape with the. Hell survivors can find items in chests, escape, and net items.

Seriously, just make it obvious you don't play killer and don't have a clue what you're talking about.

• asparagus
    asparagus Member Posts: 133
    Options

I only have face camping killers if I run them to long and gen rush happens or if I just stun them to much, that’s when they face camp but I never tend to see killers having 30k even with the extra bp, usually I see the survivors get more than the killer.

• Galklife
    Options

you would have a point but in most of my games there is no obsession (i can only remember recent soloQ and 8/8 games on R1 there wasnt obsession, and when i play swf we dont use DS anyway) xd

so i guess its my fault for not having DS (and that only shows how DS/obsession is important because if there is no obsession killers begin to play like ....heads because they see survivors dont run meta perks which should be opposite xd)

and even if you tell from short term value its better for him to finish his current chase, all those 4Heads know if they take out 1 surv from the game its almost free win and even tunnel through DS and BT

• Kwikwitted
    Options

You have games at Red Ranks where there is no obsession? I'm not gonna call you a liar but I find that VERY hard to believe, as one can appear as long as ONE survivor is running OOO or DS, or if the killer is running STBFL, PWYF, Nemesis, Furtive Chase, or Dying Light. Not saying it's impossible, but implausible would seem fitting here.

Well it's not your fault for not having DS, it is your team's fault for not one of you bringing it. 16 perk slots, couldn't afford one to slap on a DS to make a killer respect it at all times for all of you? Seems like a worthwhile trade to me.

If a killer has enough time to tunnel through DS and BT, and hook one survivor three times, and you didn't punish him by knocking out 5 generators and laughing at him from the exit gate that's a failure on your part, no one else's. Tunneling through all that should always end with a depip and a pitiful BP score for a 1k, otherwise you are rewarding the same kind of play you seek to eliminate from the game.

• Kwikwitted
    Options

Quote the threat, because lying about what someone posted is also messed up.

Just cause you don't like that you got called out for not knowing the basics of the killer economy for BP vs. survivors doesn't mean I "threatened" you in the slightest. And misrepresentation of someone's post just so you can claim victim points is pretty scummy.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

And totems, you have to remember that these killers will use No One Escapes Death to counter the counter to camping. 😁

• Kwikwitted
    edited March 2020
    Options

No one said you weren't allowed to have your own opinion, show me where I said that you liar.

And again, I called you out for not having the slightest clue what you are talking about, killers get more BP because they spend more BP per match with no recourse to save their addons except utilizing a black ward, which are rare to acquire. Just cause you don't like that you got called out on not having basic understand of how each side goes through BP and hence the difference in BP accumulation you wanna pretend that I threatened you or claimed you can't have your own opinion, both of which are false.

You're a scumbag who likes to falsely accuse people of "threatening". And now everyone can see it.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

3X the BP???

I need to facecamp more.

• Galklife
    Options

tomorrow i will play about 10 soloQ games (have to finish rift) i will do screen shots and i can send you, i even have old yt channel where i used to upload 1soloQ surv game per week (just checked last 6 surv games, in 1 there was DS and in 1 killer had rancor but no DS) (last upload 4 weeks ago, i can give you link you can check in game obsession)

and about 16 perk slots and only 1 for DS, well how in soloQ you will tell who would run DS?? im not gonna ask in every lobby xd

"If a killer has enough time to tunnel through DS and BT, and hook one survivor three times, and you didn't punish him by knocking out 5 generators and laughing at him from the exit gate that's a failure on your part,"

and again that only works for swf i wont put gun to randoms head "do fckin gen" xd when random sees more bp he is just going to farm hooked guy (even without bt) and help killer with tunneling xd

most of your statements are good in theory but in practice you need 4 survs to use brain and that happens almost only in swf (because you wont invite 4Head )

and btw i noticed funny thing, soloQ surv use less 2nd chance perks than SWF (and im not talking only about DS)

• Kwikwitted
    Options

If you're playing solo queue at high ranks I find it incredibly hard to believe that you aren't seeing at least one DS per team. Again not impossible, but implausible considering it's one of the most meta perks in the game at this point.

And no, that doesn't just work in SWF. If survivors don't know to do generators while someone is being chased that's a failure on their part. You can't help a survivor who is being chased except maybe following for a flashlight save, the only way to hurt the killer is doing generators.

And please, I know solo queue survivors at high ranks know this all too well, otherwise I wouldn't have 1-2 generators pop in the first two minutes after I've done a couple chases. If they were all just panicking when I was chasing someone these generators wouldn't be popping.

And you even say it yourself, them farming is the problem, survivors shouldn't be helping a killer tunnel and instead going for safe saves. I mean, play the game better? I don't know what else to tell you here.

SoloQ use less second chance perks than SWF because many SWF utilize their advantage to bully killers for fun, it's pretty obvious when it's happening. Generators won't be going, but every pickup will be contested by a flashlight, someone sabotaging a hook, trying to pallet drop to get a save, but it'll be every single hook. I personally prefer this game because it's not that hard to counterplay this type of stuff (look at a wall, check around before picking up a survivor near a pallet, etc.).

• Galklife
    Options

i will do tomorrow 10 games and send you 10 screenshots because youre doubting so hard xd

and again soloQ are punished for bad teammates xd (thats summarizing problem, its too easy to pip as surv so 4Heads are in red ranks) atm its almost impossible for surv to depip(even on redrank) unless youre afk, killer is afk, surv is getting tunneled/camped (as 1st/2nd), 1 unhook and 1 heal = at least gold in benevolent xd thats too broken

• Kwikwitted
    Options

I mean I'm playing games myself tonight, and I see an obsession every single game. So you're 10 games will just conflict with my games and we'll agree to disagree.

I do agree with you that pipping as a survivor is a little too easy, but I would say the bigger issue is pipping as killer is sometimes a little too hard. If the killer emblem system wasn't so bad, I think you would see a little bit less of the behavior you don't like to see.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

If they face camped and still made it with 30k bp, it's either one of two cases. Ya'll fed the bejesus out of him with getting into chases near the survivor, continually trying to save and/or heal, or getting smacked near them.

The other is that they weren't face camping, were playing normally, applying excellent map pressure, and you survivors simply attempting to loop or complete objectives near the hanged survivor, and simply drew him back to them.

• Fear_source19
    Fear_source19 Member Posts: 78
    Options

Straight up, from the devs! Only way to play this game is SWF, if you’re soloing you’re gonna have a bad time. It’s just not worth it. The devs even state the reason they don’t have i game chat “because it’ll ruin the players experience” what they mean is that it’ll be harder for the killer to win. Wait until lower ranks you’ll come across ######### ass hitboxes, DS essentially useless. And DH is even more useless and to top it off, dedicated servers only really affect survivors.

• Fear_source19
    Fear_source19 Member Posts: 78
    Options

Any one that disagrees with you, is simply a killer main, so like 50/50 half will disagree because they generally disagree, and the other half disagree because they like an unfair game. This game is tough, but it’s like A scale, image 4 people sitting on a scale and 1 on the other end of the scale, they’re gonna try to match that 1 persons weight to the other 4 by adding a ######### ton of items to him. And that is essentially how the DEVS determine how to improve the game.

Half of these people trying to discredit you by claiming you’re a high rank. As if that determines whether or not someone can have a valid opinion on a game. Look DBD is a tough game, and I fully believe it is geared in the favor of the killers, any killer main will disagree because they don’t win 99.99% of their games, like I said before, do not soloq it is not worth it, and if you do literally go in their expecting to lose, and try different things, use different perks. Soloq is just practice imo

• Cheers
    Options

I never see this unless the killer is for some reason running make your choice, which is a perk rarely used as it is.

• ThisLadyRightHere
    ThisLadyRightHere Member Posts: 195
    Options

Had a tunneling Freddy did nothing but who tunneled everyone to death, but still got all the gens done and got the rest of his 2 kills because of NOED. 1 person had 9k - I had 10k another survivor - had 11k and last survivor had 13k. Freddy walked out the match with 31k I kid you not 31,068 bloodpoints and I’ll he did was tunnel off hook. HOW IS THIS FAIR.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

What region?

Red ranks used to be where the good players are but recently I’ve found that red ranks (including rank 1s) all camp just as hard if not more so than their green rank counterparts. Hell theres a rank 1 Legion I keep seeing that literally never leaves the hook.

Survivors points/pips rely on unhooks. Also people dont want to leave someone on the hook all game as its not fair. Killers take advantage of other players empathy. Its a really scummy tactic.

• Cheers
    Options

Okay is this actual tunneling or the killer going for someone because they're injured.

• ThisLadyRightHere
    Options

literally tunneling off hook, ate DS and continue tunneling. I wasn’t running any perk so I got smack right as I got off and this wasn’t my teammate fault. Freddy just counters BT. My other 3 friends just put through gens while he was proxy camping and tunneling of hook.

• Cheers
    Options

Then yes that is tunneling, but if he does that then the most he should be getting is a 2k.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

Couple things:

Nobody is facecamping and getting 30k. One of those things is true. Not both.

Run Kindred in solo queue. Stop doing a cavalry charge at the hook if a killer is camping. It's a horrible play for the killer to make, but survivors often reward it for some reason.

• ThisLadyRightHere
    edited March 2020
    Options

he should have gotten a 2k but remember he had NOED and remember me at the end and still got a 4k and slugged while camping the doors.

and still walk out with 31k Bloodpoints.

And you cannot say well you should’ve did totem. 1 person is dead, I’m getting tunneled and last 2 have to be on gens or you aren’t gonna stand a chance winning against players like this.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,664
    Options

Seems like the forums are actually becoming infested with people spreading lies and misinformation, given the topics I've posted in over the past few days :(

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

Or their 10 games will show that it's not actually happening every game, and you just draw ######### luck a lot.

It doesn't negate either statement.

• Cheers
    Options

This is including the noed for a 2k.

If your team is competent then by the time that first person is dead, all, or atleast most gens should be finished.

I understand the frustration of noed, but if the first guy to be sacrificed was good in a chase then most gens, if not all, should have been finished.